Pages:
Author

Topic: How to make Bitcoin transactions untraceable? - page 4. (Read 16019 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I usually 'hide' my transactions by sending my coins to a trusted exchange and withdraw to a completely new address. Though it does not make it completely untraceable, still there is an added layer of confusion as to where the coins went after that certain transaction.

This won't help you much if someone wants to reveal what you were doing. Ok, you will confuse the ordinary people, but authorities just need to contact the exchanges and have a missing piece of puzzle delivered to them.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
Try mixing the bitcoins through some bitcoin mixer, or if you want a cheaper alternative deposit it to a trusted gambling site, and then withdraw again. Its highly probable that your withdrawal will come from a different address than you deposited on, or if you would like to be double sure, repeat the deposit and withdraw for 5-10 times.

This is not a 'safe' way to mix your coins. Gambling sites keep records of their customers (IP address, deposit address, withdrawal request) and some of the gambling sites have a fee on deposits to prevent using gambling site as a mixer.
That too is easy to get over with, as for :
1) IP evidence: Just use a VPN
2) Deposit Address: After depositing and withdrawing couple of times I'm sure it will be more or less untraceable .
3) Withdrawal request: Same as Deposit address, after doing it a couple of times, withdraw will be more or less untraceable to the original address.
That's great idea, even gambling sites keep records. They won't able track you far because you never give your identity.
But, they still keep record of every withdrawal request, so you must really trust that gambling sites.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.

yeah sure, but the owner know your movements anyway, so they are not really that untraceable, unless only you know about it

i was thinking that someone should run his own mixer, if he want to stay more anon
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
If you plan ahead and select your methods well, then no, it cannot be traced back to you.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
Try mixing the bitcoins through some bitcoin mixer, or if you want a cheaper alternative deposit it to a trusted gambling site, and then withdraw again. Its highly probable that your withdrawal will come from a different address than you deposited on, or if you would like to be double sure, repeat the deposit and withdraw for 5-10 times.

This is not a 'safe' way to mix your coins. Gambling sites keep records of their customers (IP address, deposit address, withdrawal request) and some of the gambling sites have a fee on deposits to prevent using gambling site as a mixer.
That too is easy to get over with, as for :
1) IP evidence: Just use a VPN
2) Deposit Address: After depositing and withdrawing couple of times I'm sure it will be more or less untraceable .
3) Withdrawal request: Same as Deposit address, after doing it a couple of times, withdraw will be more or less untraceable to the original address.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I usually 'hide' my transactions by sending my coins to a trusted exchange and withdraw to a completely new address. Though it does not make it completely untraceable, still there is an added layer of confusion as to where the coins went after that certain transaction.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I heard many mixer services will make our transactions untraceable by using different bitcoin addresses. very much useful services.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I dont know i think Bitcoin is already anonymous isn't it?

OP don't want that his transaction are traced too, right now bitcoin does not connect your name/ip to your address, unless you specify it if you buy something online

but at the end you need to specify it, this is why we are talking about a way to hide the transaction instead
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I dont know i think Bitcoin is already anonymous isn't it?
Activity: 139
use a mixer. you send your coins to them, and they give you new coins. you're then untraceable
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Poloniex is a good way to mix your BTC

It is not, they keep all your history and activity on the site also IP address.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Poloniex is a good way to mix your BTC
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
Agree, there are some projects which try to achieve this. A theoretical paper has already been released. As far as i know, JL777 has been implemented a first version of this paper.

http://crypsys.mmci.uni-saarland.de/projects/CoinShuffle/

Bitcoin needs more anonymity features, coin mixers are cool but not enough. You still have to trust the mixer owner, it's not decentralized.
Activity: 149
September 30, 2015, 05:05:05 PM
Bitcoin needs more anonymity features, coin mixers are cool but not enough. You still have to trust the mixer owner, it's not decentralized.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
September 29, 2015, 11:54:16 AM
i didnt try making my bitcoin transactions untraceable yet though i am pretty sure that i would mix my coins with bitmixer a few times though i still dont know if it would be completely untraceable

Yes I also not thinking of making my transaction not tracble. But I heard there are many bitcoin mixing services which offer the services of not traceability into bitcoin transactions. I need to praise them for the extra features adding into bitcoin to make it more versatile.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
September 28, 2015, 03:54:41 PM
May have been already posted but there is a difference between having untraceable transactions and having untraceable bitcoins.

Completely untraceable transactions are not possible as far as I know.  You can try but anything that is close requires third-parties (mixers, exchangers, off-blockchain transactions) which creates a traceable papertrail, no matter what the third party says. 

Completely untraceable addresses are only possible if you mine a block, then you get 25 untraceable bitcoins because they are brand new.  Somewhat untraceable bitcoins can be had by earning them online, selling stuff for them in person or using local bitcoins to buy them using cash without ID.

Some governments may prohibit so you should check, if you care.

And as soon as you send those BTC/try to spend/withdraw them, now you've created the link. Some people in this thread seem to be naive about how simple it is to track coins once they're actually being used, despite all the research proving how trivial it really is.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
September 28, 2015, 02:14:17 PM
May have been already posted but there is a difference between having untraceable transactions and having untraceable bitcoins.

Completely untraceable transactions are not possible as far as I know.  You can try but anything that is close requires third-parties (mixers, exchangers, off-blockchain transactions) which creates a traceable papertrail, no matter what the third party says. 

Completely untraceable addresses are only possible if you mine a block, then you get 25 untraceable bitcoins because they are brand new.  Somewhat untraceable bitcoins can be had by earning them online, selling stuff for them in person or using local bitcoins to buy them using cash without ID.

Some governments may prohibit so you should check, if you care.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
September 28, 2015, 02:01:06 PM
- Just send it to a exchange and trade it for Doge.
- Move the Doge to a other exchange.
- Trade the Doge back for BTC
- Send the BTC to a new wallet.

Simply as that.  Grin

if you send for example 2.68btc worth of doge to various exchanges, and then withdraw the amount in btc 2.68btc directly to your wallet it still might be tracable as people can simply search for 2.68btc transactions. best is to wait a few days and withdraw it in 3 steps.

And not just that, you have left the traces that are recoverable if someone wants to work hard to recover the or it has power to find them, let's say government agency or some other entity. So this is not untraceable after all.

It's actually quite hard to stay anonymous even with crypto and Bitcoin. Earlier in this thread I have explained the only sure way to stay semi anonymous, meaning to stay known only by your Bitcoin address.
Pages:
Jump to: