Pages:
Author

Topic: How to make money from staking? - page 4. (Read 1904 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 22
March 18, 2018, 07:26:22 AM
You can try to mine or buy some HODLcoin. You don't need to have your wallet open, but the coin can be lock for a certain amount of time before you get back the coin. You are going to get some interest. But there may be a minimum amount of fund to lock. Also, there is DigitalNote, but the interest is very low. Only 1% per year.
QTUM can also be staked, but it is now expensive and you need a lot of QTUM to be able to get some staking reward, else you are going to have to wait a lot. Also you should not be disconnected. So i suppose you should have a fixed IP address, else the staking may restart to zero.
There are many better staking coins out there than HODLcoin and DigitalNote. If you want to take a look at masternodes you can visit https://masternodes.pro/ if you want a pure POS coin there are some out there on the market. A few that come to mind include Elite, DeepOnion, and Equitrader.

Deeponion transactions are private and sent through the TOR network?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
March 12, 2018, 10:33:56 PM
KMD is arguably the most well known PoS coin right now, and you don't even need to run your computer or anything, just leave some KMD on your Komodo wallet, and you will observe steady returns.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
March 12, 2018, 10:26:10 PM
You can try to mine or buy some HODLcoin. You don't need to have your wallet open, but the coin can be lock for a certain amount of time before you get back the coin. You are going to get some interest. But there may be a minimum amount of fund to lock. Also, there is DigitalNote, but the interest is very low. Only 1% per year.
QTUM can also be staked, but it is now expensive and you need a lot of QTUM to be able to get some staking reward, else you are going to have to wait a lot. Also you should not be disconnected. So i suppose you should have a fixed IP address, else the staking may restart to zero.
There are many better staking coins out there than HODLcoin and DigitalNote. If you want to take a look at masternodes you can visit https://masternodes.pro/ if you want a pure POS coin there are some out there on the market. A few that come to mind include Elite, DeepOnion, and Equitrader.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
March 12, 2018, 06:27:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
March 12, 2018, 03:26:06 PM
It's called proof of Stake, you can earn passive income by staking your coin in your wallet. I think it's a really great idea because it doesn't use as much electricity as proof of Work. There are a few coins that are going to switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake in the near future for exemple Ethereum and Syscoin.

Proof of Work to Proof of Stake i dont know about proof of work? elaborate?

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
Mining is basic of crypto currencies...  
THAT is  proof of work.
And what about PROOF OF STAKE

One general explanation here:

https://steemit.com/life/@cryptochindian/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-explained

More specific explanations here:

https://www.bitcoinplus.org/blog/proof-stake-explained

https://www.ethnews.com/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-explained
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
March 11, 2018, 03:12:02 PM
You can also use Minexcoin parking option for stake or Steem power up and vote and get paid by Steem and Steem Backed Dollar. There are multiple ways to stake and get paid.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
March 11, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

you can't make money just by accumulating. the opposite is to hurt you. you have to spend your earnings for your needs. Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
March 11, 2018, 12:48:47 PM
1. Find a good coin. DYOR
2. Buy the dip/get in early
3. Dont put more then you can afford to loose. Diversify
4. Stake
5. Follow anns/twitters/discords etc
6. Profit
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Blockchain Identity Verification
March 11, 2018, 12:44:26 PM
It is very important to study information about coins!And then it will be possible to earn something!And if you buy all the coins in a row,not basing yourself on anything,then it will be possible to lose your money!
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
March 10, 2018, 11:28:21 PM
It's called proof of Stake, you can earn passive income by staking your coin in your wallet. I think it's a really great idea because it doesn't use as much electricity as proof of Work. There are a few coins that are going to switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake in the near future for exemple Ethereum and Syscoin.

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
THAT is  proof of work.
Somewhat the same, by staking your coins on your wallet and running it, you also provide hashing power and get paid proportionate to your holdings/amount of coins.

The big difference between POS vs POW is that in POS the actual coin/token holders control the hash power.  In POW, anyone who has money (set up mining farms) can control the mining (i.e. in case of BTC) and have so much power (reason for all the forks) contrary to the wishes of the coin owners.

DPOS is a hybrid of these two.  Delegates are chosen depending on how much coins/tokens they control and are the only ones who can "mine".  Smaller token/coin holders have a say by having the choice which delegate to vote for.
March 10, 2018, 11:20:08 PM

THAT is  proof of work.
Activity: 112
Merit: 72
"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!
March 10, 2018, 05:50:18 PM
You can certainly stake your coins however to make a real return you need to be holding a lot of coins. If you are truly going to hold your coins for a while then go for staking however if you are looking for a quick turn around then don't just focus on staking coins.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 02:58:51 PM
After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/what-is-crypto-staking

Guys, do you know which coins has staking facility ACTUALLY?

Dude you are very very right keep going this job
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 02:57:46 PM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
but for this you need to have a strong enough technique to provide the power for the transaction. Generally this is a positive moment for earning, being in the system blockchains.
March 10, 2018, 02:37:28 PM

THAT is  proof of work.
Activity: 73
Merit: 2
March 10, 2018, 02:30:22 PM
Anybody making money staking in a POS pool?
Activity: 811
Merit: 512
Enhalo Mining
March 10, 2018, 04:19:42 AM
After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/what-is-crypto-staking

Guys, do you know which coins has staking facility ACTUALLY?

That's not actual staking, but you earn extra coins using Minexbank. Take a look at Minexcoin thread to find out how: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minexcoin-a-new-era-of-payments-1847292
That's a good way to earn passive cryptocoins in my opinion...
March 10, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
March 10, 2018, 01:28:25 AM

March 09, 2018, 11:39:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: