Pages:
Author

Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold? - page 2. (Read 90582 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 7
November 25, 2017, 11:01:16 PM
here is a video on how to mine BTG on EthOS distro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wHuOdOpvpI
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 09:24:46 PM
Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.

Thank you for the reply !
So if i decide to start mining seriously ill have to buy one of the ASIC hardwares
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 25, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.

Not enough to be worth the time of setting it up, let alone the electric costs (presuming you have to pay for your power bill). BTG is designed for GPU mining, integrated graphics won't cut it.
Activity: 56
November 25, 2017, 07:54:56 PM
sorry for the silly question. How much i can mine with Intel HD graphics 3000 pc ? Using 10-15 pc in the same time.
Activity: 9
November 25, 2017, 07:34:24 PM
IVT POOL - YOU NEVER GOT THIS OPTION BEFORE TO GET 5% BONUS FOR MINING

Pool URL : http://btg.ivtcoin.com

Features

The only pool where there are 0 Fees and when you mine you get 5% extra bonus when you mine Bitcoing GOLD.

- Other coins will be added on the future.

- Other options as well.

Super powerful servers are running.
Please come and enjoy mining at this pool.
Activity: 1
November 21, 2017, 01:57:52 PM
Who all here is mining BTG?

Just got back in this morning.

Hi,

I came across this post as I was interested in mining bitcoin gold,  I have a gtx 1070 gpu.

I followed your signature and got the EWBF miner up and running. I've configured the txt file etc and all looks to be fine.  Do I need to use Bitcoin Gold Wallet (the Windows app) as my wallet? I installed it but it takes hours to sync all prior blockchain info (says it stores/takes up to 150GB in space) and I can't understand why this wallet is different to a simple ETH or BTC desktop wallet...

Furthermore, I have one other question, on your page for your mining pool, how can I verify my miner is actually mining on your pool? You've got the miner lookup page there but what name do I type in there to look up my active miner?
Activity: 567
Merit: 502
Hey yo let's go
November 21, 2017, 12:40:29 PM
any miner calculator to know how much btg I can mine per day?

like  whattomine.com ?

also it is any website I can see the blocks mined?

like this one? cash.coin.dance/blocks

thank you all.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 03:53:57 PM
Hi, at this point in time, is it fine for me to start mining with 2 GPU RX470 cards?
Best reliable mining pool? and what king of reward can i get per day?
Please dont point me to whattomine or coinwarz, because those sites make no sense to me - Some value are real and some not - at least in my world.
Or am i better off mining with NHM
Ive just wanted to , somehow always find a coin to try and focus on, but it seems im always late for the bus.
Are there any buses going to town still?

Not an expert, but from the way you've worded your questions. I would suggest you start w/ Nicehash. This way, you'll make a little coin right up front while you take some time and do a bit of research. Pretty much every question I've had about mining has been answered already in some form here. I can understand not wanting to trust whattomine etc. but you will be hard pressed to get someone else to do that kind of math for you I think.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
November 20, 2017, 12:42:55 PM
Hi, at this point in time, is it fine for me to start mining with 2 GPU RX470 cards?
Best reliable mining pool? and what king of reward can i get per day?
Please dont point me to whattomine or coinwarz, because those sites make no sense to me - Some value are real and some not - at least in my world.
Or am i better off mining with NHM
Ive just wanted to , somehow always find a coin to try and focus on, but it seems im always late for the bus.
Are there any buses going to town still?
November 20, 2017, 12:34:51 PM

Just got back in this morning.
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
November 19, 2017, 08:37:22 PM
yea we are also mining it.. we opened up our pool a while ago.. see sig.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
November 19, 2017, 08:28:19 PM

I still have all my nvidia gpus pointed to it

until it gets less profitable than zcash ill stayon on it
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 06:43:34 PM

I am on suprnova, till I get a few coins then I will switch it up, maybe go back to Etherium or Zcash.
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
November 19, 2017, 06:20:38 PM
November 19, 2017, 04:47:00 PM
Not mining currently, but really only because I wanted to add some Electroneum to my portfolio. Plus I wanted to make sure my 2nd payout went as well as the first, which it did. May switch back tonight depending on how the day goes. Launch was rough as hell, but I still think it's too soon to count BTG out of the game.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
November 19, 2017, 03:25:46 PM
A full day with no comments. I take it nobody is mining it any more ? I sure am not. Lost 8 hours day 1 and had enough.

It's still one of the top profit per day coins right now, not the top coin, but one of the better ones. I've had a few personal GPUs pointed at it when not gaming etc... and I've been pleased with the results (zero downtime on Suprnova) since launch.
Activity: 196
November 19, 2017, 03:09:26 PM
A full day with no comments. I take it nobody is mining it any more ? I sure am not. Lost 8 hours day 1 and had enough.
Activity: 168
Put it all on the line and go for broke
November 18, 2017, 07:18:45 PM
I'm a huge supporter of crypto and believe in a future for it, but pumper dumper (dude you know they make fiber pills that'll help with that  Cheesy ) is right. All crypto is pure speculation. It's not tied to anything but a desire to make money. And that's okay for right now. It's a road map till people really start using it on scale. And it'll probably end up being used in a way we don't even expect right now.

I agree with this sentiment. I bought out of speculation and interest in the project. I thought it would be like gold or stocks, but the more I work with it, I realize it is something much more. There is belief in this coin and the decentralization of banking and FIAT. It's the Airbnb and Uber of the the financial world and many suits are worried. Anarchy but with an emergency button to get out.
Activity: 308
November 17, 2017, 02:50:43 PM
As soon as quantum computing becomes widely used - 51% network attacks will be a real thing - they will be able to manipulate BTC transactions. Transactions times will increase. There will be more hard forks in the future and people will simply get frustrated. These things will impact confidence.
we have at least 20 years (just watched one more quantum cryptography presentation at a security conference).
Also smart people already proposed "quantum-resistant" bitcoin variations or even cryptocurrency is based on quantum cryptography that potentially could be even more robust than traditional public key cryptography:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/qbitcoin-making-bitcoin-quantumcomputer-proof
Activity: 196
November 17, 2017, 12:32:21 PM
I'm a huge supporter of crypto and believe in a future for it, but pumper dumper (dude you know they make fiber pills that'll help with that  Cheesy ) is right. All crypto is pure speculation. It's not tied to anything but a desire to make money. And that's okay for right now. It's a road map till people really start using it on scale. And it'll probably end up being used in a way we don't even expect right now.
Pages:
Jump to: