Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 25. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
December 26, 2017, 12:19:16 PM
I think that if you have enough knowledge and technical skills, you wont srace anything. So, the best way to joining into the market is that you must learn. Learn anything you think that it is valuable for trading and investing
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 12:00:44 PM
I think you have to overcome the fear of holding by been through it. Just being with your fear sometime and it will be gone in the next situation.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
December 26, 2017, 07:42:34 AM
This is called the syndrome of lost profit. But as they say "it is better to earn less than lose". Therefore, in my opinion, you are doing the right thing. If there is accurate information that the coin will grow many times, then you can hold the coin, but unfortunately this information is difficult to obtain.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 07:27:08 AM
Just relax your self and give faith to your coin the you buy and always look for update of the coin
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 26, 2017, 06:22:58 AM
That's what you need to do and to think of, it's all about the money that will possible come into you when you just hold for the longest time that you can ever be. Don't also listen to different FUDs that are being posted everywhere especially in social medias like twitter posts. There are so called crypto experts that are giving technical analysis that bitcoin will fall because of it's problem but don't ever listen to them, focus with your plan.
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
December 26, 2017, 06:21:09 AM
You should be positive rather being negative. Even in dumps there should be a positive attitude. Its in our attitude, to control or not to feel fear when holding our bitcoins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 06:18:50 AM
 The feeling fear of holding the digital coins because we don't research about the digital coins before invested into them, we don't learning anything about the them, i suggest to learning about the digital coins analysis fundamental of digital coins before hold for long term investment,
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
December 26, 2017, 06:16:59 AM
To overcome the fear of holding a coins just always see the update or news about a your holding coins and share to your other friend what is the benefit to hold like your coins.
Even if you are following the update on the news, the only update that would make sense is going to be a positive one and unless you hear an update that the devs are done with the project or they are abandoning it, then you really do not have to fear.

Coins can come down for so many reasons; delisting on an exchange, the market going crazy etc., but you should know that whatever comes down, will still go back up at some point.

It is a crazy world, it is a new world and there is nothing anyone can do about it as the volatility will continue like this until we tend to have a sane stage that bitcoin will get to without the mass rush. That time will come and that is the reason anyone should not bother about now. The same thing that those who invested back then saw in bitcoin that made them to hold on till now is the same thing that everyone should see now.
Activity: 490
December 25, 2017, 10:13:06 PM
I think it can be overcome by strong faith on your coins or experience. If you really believe in the coins that you hold then you will not sell it or if you've been through its ups and downs then you can assess that it's a strong coin because it still manage to grow.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
December 25, 2017, 07:27:03 PM
Calm down, do not panic. Hold your bitcoin just like you are saving money for your future. On that way you wont be able to sell and use it at an early time. Its right to check its price from time to time to see if it is rising or not, but the bad thing about it is when the price drops, you got panic instantly and sell it so you wont lose anything, but thats not right. I think you should check the price just once a week or once/twice a month, then thats it. Also, do not read bad news regarding crypto because you will only feel emotional about it and end up selling everything.
Be patient.. Focus on the future.. Do not fear.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
December 25, 2017, 07:13:01 PM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
You should have learn all of your mistakes because if you keep to continue like this you will lose a lot of money and it is too late for you to realize that soon. Why would you fear when you are just holding? If you are around on this forum you will likely to read every FUD and shills here but it doesn't matter just go on your instinct, believe it. It is only you can control your emotions and nothing else.
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 06:20:30 PM
There is no fear if you are holding a coin you can trust. Fear in holding is only if you made the wrong decision and failed to cut your losses on-time.
Activity: 322
December 25, 2017, 04:57:20 PM
The only way to avoid the fear of just losing money is just try to put yourself on the same shoes that those who were holding bitcoins when the price was dropping from $1200 to $300 in a few days on 2013. Just try to be on their shoes, only of those who didn't sold at that moment, this really works for me.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
December 25, 2017, 04:50:43 PM
Fear is about future; there is no certainty in anything, so you can only try to evaluate probabilities.
Make a choice and relax.
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
December 25, 2017, 03:54:18 PM
Invest only what you afford to lose. Once you invested it, expect it to be gone and don't think of it for a long time.
I agree but that's not enough to overcome the fear of holding especially for alternative coins and for long term investment in digital coins. The investors whom are fear because of holding the digital coins, it is mean they are gambling in the name of investment into the digital coins, basically they don't know anything about the digital coins to be held. The real investors they have learned about the digital coins before invested into them, they know about the coins ( developers, community and other aspects of fundamental the coins). If we want to overcome the fear of holding, makes sure we know everything about the coins.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
December 25, 2017, 03:45:43 PM
You seeems like a panic seller who can't control their emotions while trading.
Well it depends on the cryptos which one you are trading, HODL is profitable only for bitcoin but not in case of altcoins because altcoins market is not that much reliable than the bitcoin.
I regularly check bitcoin's price because i am holding funds but I always believe that soon after every dip the price will rise again more rapidly. But in case of altcoins i always follow the strategy of minimizing loss because they are not much relaibale so  we can't wait for the perfect time to sell.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
December 25, 2017, 02:56:39 AM
Invest only what you afford to lose. Once you invested it, expect it to be gone and don't think of it for a long time.
Sometimes it's hard to feel that way, most of us want to monitor our investment, like me I have a lot of altcoins investment and I put record of my asset in my blockfolio but I cannot control myself monitor the value also, sometimes I fear because the price sometimes dump but I also look at the bright side which is the future, I cannot resist but think of it because all my time is almost allocated with crypto, all I can say is just we have to believe on our coin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
December 25, 2017, 02:32:18 AM
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
December 24, 2017, 02:58:19 PM
This could be the sure way of holding your coin for a long term!
> Budget a consistent amount of affordable cash every month. Make sure the cash you are investing is not eating to your money for living.
> Try not to trade if your objective is to hold for long term.
Aside from that what I am always thinking is setting my goal and focus on it, making sure that I can accomplish things especially my dreams not only for myself but also to my mom and my children, whenever I am thinking of them my fear of holding was disappearing.

That's the only thing that can make us handle the difficulties of holding our coins. Concentration, moral effect and others. All needed to have a strong mental situation for holding.
You can only overcome the fear of holding if you continue to hold your bitcoins or any other coin for quite a long period of time. After that, you’ll get to know that there is nothing harmful in holding of bitcoin. All you need to do is to have patience and that’s it. This holding of bitcoin will automatically help you in having a huge amount of money without having so much work to do.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 24, 2017, 11:43:39 AM
Just use money in the crypto market which you can afford to lose. That let´s me sleep well at night.  Wink
Always do this and you won't fear anymore, always use your spare money when dealing with cryptos, there's a lots of positive things that can happen it also there's risk behind it, so if you are just using spare money you won't worry to much and you can control your emotions as you are not really worried about your capital.
Pages:
Jump to: