Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 22. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
January 02, 2018, 10:06:54 AM
use some lock app to lock your wallet password till 1-3 month. then you cant do anything even you want sell your coin. that is a good way to over fear
Activity: 475
Merit: 253
ARCS - A New World Token
January 02, 2018, 09:57:14 AM
I loss a multiple times from bad trades, I got scammed. I was dumped in a pumped and dump group. I invested in a closing exchange site. And its make me paranoid of holding. This is my main problem a few months ago.

For the mean time I trade only with the top 20coins in Coinmarketcap. I will never trade with low volume coins again.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 08:57:07 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

This is the most problem that holders have when they hold any altcoin.
Its difficult to overcome the fear but i will set the certain profit and see it only 1x per day.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 08:34:55 AM
In order to overcome the fear of holding then you just need to have a long term mindset and you should not just always think for a small profit and you should look to the coin if it has a good potential for long term and if the team are working hard and if the community is still active so you will not have any problem with the coin for holding.
Activity: 166
Merit: 11
January 02, 2018, 07:29:07 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

I think one must set in mind a standard or a go signal that will tell him or her to trade. The problem is we often think that we failed because we only traded it for a low income. The moment that you surpass the capital, you've already succeeded.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 05:12:36 AM
Simply stop checking the value of your coins 100 times a day, get busy with other income generating activities and ignore the gazillion of cryptocurrency so called 'analysts' available online that keep making wrong predictions on the future price of cryptocurrencies. If you manage to do this for a week, make it 2 weeks, a month and so on.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
January 02, 2018, 04:59:07 AM

I was the same a year ago, and you know what? Only experience can teach you to overcome the fear of holding, and mostly regrets. Due to the regrets I had back then because I wasn't too patient to hold, I actually lost a lot. This is why when I had enough, I became really patient and waited for the right moment. Now, it is easy to be successful in a trade.
Activity: 386
January 02, 2018, 01:30:40 AM
Holding bitcoin is one of the dangerous decision we been made because it is like gambling, we need to trust to the coins we been choose to invest. I guess we will overcome our fear in trading if they invest and set period of time before they withdraw.

For example invest BTC1 for 5 years, let bitcoin fluctuates bitcoin in our account without knowing. Because if they visit it daily or weekly they will notice that it will going down and growing up. So tendency they were panic.

But if they hold it we were notice that on 5years bitcoin will earn much income, due to accumulate increasing of this coin in crypto currency industry.
Even in justva year you'll definitely see how you'll earn on it, having btc now or much better even before can definitely make a great impact on the profit you can gain as time passed by.
You should do home work before taking any decision regarding your investment as you have to study the behavior of the market in respect to a particular coin and on conclusion you decide to invest for longer time as for one year, so during this period there is no need to check the market every time and just do your routine work so you will not be in a panic in case of any down trend in the market and you can overcome your fear of loss in your investment.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
December 31, 2017, 03:36:04 PM

Honestly, it comes to a point when you've been holding for so long that you no longer care about your coins anymore. It's like you know that they exist and you do care about them but not enough to lose sleep over the fact that the market has spiked either downward or upward. You only care enough to not forget about those coins.

The thing about trading is that if you actually have made some profit even if it's just a little percentage. It's already enough. You will constantly be anxious if you're going to remind yourself that you just let go of a good coin in the past and you could have made a lot of money from it if you didn't sell it before.

This will always be the case. You will always have a coin that you could've sold at a better price but I think it's all part of the game. You have to learn how to forget about these coins. Focus on the new opportunities that you're having and not the ones that you have lost.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
December 31, 2017, 03:07:18 PM
My experience thought me that holding a good coin for a certain time pays off like what happened to ethereum, litecoin & ripple. So instead of fearing for your loss, just believe in your chosen coin and you'll see how will it make you happy in the future. The more you risk, the greater chance of gaining more.

Yes, indeed. It is very important to have faith on the thing you've had invested. Additionally, loss won't kill you,  it was just money and you should think that even if you lose you can still earn those amount of money if you want. If you won't risk anything, there's nothing you could gain.
To overcome the fear of holding, one must overcome the fear of loss. What I am trying to say is that people are afraid of losing money and that is totally understandable because no one wants to become a poor but if someone examines his decisions and actions thoroughly and analyses the possibility of having a loss, he can get rid of this fear. For instance, a bitcoin holder must understand bitcoin well and the future of it.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 31, 2017, 02:10:56 AM
My experience thought me that holding a good coin for a certain time pays off like what happened to ethereum, litecoin & ripple. So instead of fearing for your loss, just believe in your chosen coin and you'll see how will it make you happy in the future. The more you risk, the greater chance of gaining more.

Yes, indeed. It is very important to have faith on the thing you've had invested. Additionally, loss won't kill you,  it was just money and you should think that even if you lose you can still earn those amount of money if you want. If you won't risk anything, there's nothing you could gain.
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
December 31, 2017, 02:09:49 AM
It is always been a problem with trader that they regret early selling. If you want to HODL a coin, you need to make your mind first, to make a long term investment. Set a high target for selling and also a low stop loss, so that you have enough window for not making a trade.
Moreover, You need not to check the price of your hodling coin again and again, just check the price once in a day or two. This will make your mind less anxious and more calmer to hodl the coin for the long time.
Activity: 476
December 31, 2017, 01:58:34 AM
Look, just imagine that you do not have the coins. Or just imagine the coin is gone. It's hard, but try it, I managed to apply it to myself.
Activity: 574
December 31, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
Chill and patience is the most important dont panic dont fear keep your faith in your holding coin.
Me when i was newbie in crypto when i have new coin i dump it i dont keep it but in last i regretfull because the value i goin high.now i know everything just keep and hold
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
December 30, 2017, 07:25:04 PM

For me its easier to hold if your willing to save money. Because if you think the logic of holding . You dont need to do anything you'll just need to keep it to your wallet and wait until the exchange go up. So when the time you need you money, you can exchange it to the higher amount. Just always keep your faith in bitcoin, just believe that it will continue to improve and be better for the future.
For me first its important to choose the right coins where you will invest your money then put your trust in it.

To overcome the fear of holding, you should not monitor always your investment. Limit yourself on when to check so in that way you wont think about the money you risk in the particular investment.

checking it all the time may affect your way of on how you handle the situation may affect , it is true that you have to atleast limit the way on how you are able to check your investment for.
Activity: 266
December 30, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
How to get rid of the fear to hold is to believe that the coins we hold will pump and will benefit you.
Activity: 294
December 30, 2017, 02:01:29 PM
In trading patience are most important factor. You have to maintain your patience when you invest and hold.  
To start trading it is always better to start with small amount, and then by considering trend and market behaviour increase the amount. Trading for long term is better than intraday, which is having high risk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 71
December 30, 2017, 11:53:35 AM

Well it is better to earn a little than to gain nothing. If you would accumulate all your earnings from your short term investments then you would be surprised to see that the difference between this and taht of long term investments would not be that great. But if you do decide to go long term then it would be of great help if you think positive about it.
I think in the case of bitcoin I think fear is very low because I don't think on the average basis bitcoin will crash hard ever the price is keeps on increasing and the little dip doesn't bother much to me.I think fear is all because of the price fluctuations happening with time, none knows what happens tomorrow. I believe this will continue to grow and the trust is the one that makes the users overcome the fear of holding bitcoin. More we trust more will be the profiting, because when we don't have fear we'll keep holding.
Activity: 266
Merit: 107
December 30, 2017, 11:46:26 AM

I also realize the same thing when I was starting in trading. To overcome those fear when the coin you bought had losing after you bought it is really hard ! But, if you have the patience to hold that you just hold. Don't make stop-loss when the coin you were trading is a trusted coin. Just think of it that when the price goes low, after that is a increase price.

One thing I learn in trading is don't think that trading gives you a profit in a fast way. You need to wait ! Trading is like a waiting game, when you have the guts to wait for the price to increase, then wait ! Also, don't be greedy in trading. When you saw that there is a profit in that coin you were trading, make your exit point so you won't regret when the price goes low again.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
December 30, 2017, 10:45:03 AM
YOU really need to be very strong willed to hold and you need to be aware of what you have you are holding because sometimes it may take the coin you are holding over a year or so to materialize your dream, OR it may die and not take off as per your expectations at all. The best thing is in this case is to grow a portfolio of various coins and tokens and put them in groups, so you own a variety of crypto assets that really have either a very big team and tech behind them, or a very good business generating revenue model.
Pages:
Jump to: