Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding? - page 23. (Read 4505 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 09:31:18 AM
To overcome you fear of loosing money, stop looking every hour on your portfolio because it will not change right away. Don't expect to earn higher profit in just single day, if you are really holding it, bigger profit takes time. So don't be scared to hold specially if its worth holding for.

As a newbie I dont haven’t experienced the feeling of fear holding or trading but as I have read from others experiences I think it’s really not easy it has mixed emotions. And I am not thinking about it at this time I just have to act like I don’t care too much. Come what may.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
December 30, 2017, 08:48:09 AM
To overcome you fear of loosing money, stop looking every hour on your portfolio because it will not change right away. Don't expect to earn higher profit in just single day, if you are really holding it, bigger profit takes time. So don't be scared to hold specially if its worth holding for.
Activity: 453
Merit: 104
December 30, 2017, 08:45:40 AM
Don't invest to much money because it will give you more stress and fear. Invest smaller amount of money will decrease your fear, but if your holding is works and you get much profit then you will be dissapointed that why you did't invest more money.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
December 30, 2017, 08:31:44 AM
My experience thought me that holding a good coin for a certain time pays off like what happened to ethereum, litecoin & ripple. So instead of fearing for your loss, just believe in your chosen coin and you'll see how will it make you happy in the future. The more you risk, the greater chance of gaining more.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
December 30, 2017, 08:28:38 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?
For me its easier to hold if your willing to save money. Because if you think the logic of holding . You dont need to do anything you'll just need to keep it to your wallet and wait until the exchange go up. So when the time you need you money, you can exchange it to the higher amount. Just always keep your faith in bitcoin, just believe that it will continue to improve and be better for the future.
For me first its important to choose the right coins where you will invest your money then put your trust in it.

To overcome the fear of holding, you should not monitor always your investment. Limit yourself on when to check so in that way you wont think about the money you risk in the particular investment.
Activity: 126
December 30, 2017, 08:26:52 AM
I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Yes it's really difficult to to bet your bitcoin upon holding because it will go just in 2 ways you might lost it or you profit. But you will not succeed in trading if you don't push yourself to believe that you will succeed,but if you don't try  you will not succeed because if you don't try to hold bitcoin you can not experience to multiply your money which might bring you to a successful life. Many bitcoiners become rich quickly and some are millionaire's in a few months.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
December 30, 2017, 08:22:16 AM
I know one radical method - you have to abandon all the gadget that migh help you to find out the rates and just set the date when you will check it Smiley
That is actually good method.
Invest and just forget that you invested, set a goal and check price every couple of months - yeah, sounds pretty much impossible, but at least it won't give you headache.
Don't panic if BTC went dumping. Because the reason you are hodling is because you want to earn and not loose if you sell because the market is dumping you don't know what BTC is capable in doing.
That is not quite true, because you don't know when someone invested and what is best time to cash out. Maybe someone invested when bitcoin was $5K, cashing out initial investment at this moment would be wise thing to do because everything else is profit  Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
December 30, 2017, 07:51:31 AM
Don't panic if BTC went dumping. Because the reason you are hodling is because you want to earn and not loose if you sell because the market is dumping you don't know what BTC is capable in doing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
December 30, 2017, 07:38:15 AM

it used to happen to me too often. right now I'm getting used to being able to hold my coin by trying to forget it and holding back to sell, and it works.
Activity: 72
December 30, 2017, 07:22:15 AM
Try to protect your capital by hedging against big market moves e.g. by shorting or differentiating in other asset classes
Activity: 210
Merit: 15
December 30, 2017, 06:52:44 AM

Well it is better to earn a little than to gain nothing. If you would accumulate all your earnings from your short term investments then you would be surprised to see that the difference between this and taht of long term investments would not be that great. But if you do decide to go long term then it would be of great help if you think positive about it.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
December 30, 2017, 06:32:18 AM
I think the best thing that we can do to prevent our fear in trading is close the browser after we buy and don't turn on our computer for a few days or weeks and we should do another thing to not focus or remember on what coin we bought. then after a few days, we can come back and turn on our computer to see is there any good news from our coin or not and if it is no good news, then we need to turn off again our computer and come back in other days. at least this is work for me when I am afraid of what will happen with one or more coin I bought because I cannot collect much info about the coin.
Am afraid turning off ones trading platform or computer wouldn't do so much more than raising one's adrenaline, because to contain the restlessness that's sure to follow, is but another heavier burden. I think a more soothing approach to go about buy and hold, would be to first and foremost separate one's living expenses from whatever is to be invested. Doing otherwise can actually be an open invitation to FUD and all the nerve raking that goes with it. More importantly, equipping oneself with the history and latest development in the market of interest as well as goings-on in the entire ecosystem, is a must, to not be found wanting when adjustments become necessary, especially when one does not already have a deep pocket.
Activity: 490
December 30, 2017, 05:39:39 AM
I think it is pretty simple to overcome said fear if there us any fear at all in holding your coin. Knowldge chase away fears so saying goes. The more you know about the coin you are invested in the more certain you will be about the coinan it's future
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
December 30, 2017, 05:35:02 AM

Well we have the same situation before I also sell my tokens earlier for emergency purposes. But with what is happen before that if I hold my tokens then I am millionaire now but I am afraid to hold it that's why I sell it earlier. To overcome this I have the positive mindset that the tokens I hold is my key to gained more profit.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 30, 2017, 04:38:43 AM
The feeling fear of holding the digital coins because we don't research about the digital coins before invested into them, we don't learning anything about the them, i suggest to learning about the digital coins analysis fundamental of digital coins before hold for long term investment,
Not learning anything about what you are holding is a very bad thing in the first place as that would not give you all the confidence you need to keep you going while holding the coin.

Once you know you are in a good project, there are good devs doing great job and you know no matter how long it takes, it will always be worth holding. I have held most of the coins and even after months or year; they will just have a huge boost anyhow.
Activity: 210
Merit: 120
December 30, 2017, 03:04:31 AM

For me its easier to hold if your willing to save money. Because if you think the logic of holding . You dont need to do anything you'll just need to keep it to your wallet and wait until the exchange go up. So when the time you need you money, you can exchange it to the higher amount. Just always keep your faith in bitcoin, just believe that it will continue to improve and be better for the future.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
December 30, 2017, 02:44:28 AM
I think one way to overcome the fear of holding is to not look at your holdings all the time and just set yourself a limit on when you check your holdings within a week or within the day. And remember always that it is all in your mind, you can control yourself but you just have to set yourself also some limitation.
Yeaaa that's really true , when you look at your investment and it get dropped.
You will have a desire to sell it immediately because of the panic attack , don't do that i suggest about that too.
Just set a goal and stick on it , believe me holding with full of patience won't let you down.
Just imagine that in 2018 the price of bitcoin or any other currency you hold will increase more and I will earn a lot of money and especially in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and it is expected that in 2018 it will hit 30000 dollars which is a huge amount for one bitcoin.

When you just think about earning money will hold your coins for good times to come, and you will hold your coins without any fear of losing.
There is no going down anymore, there are some price changes for sometime but definitely the price will increase.
In 2018 that is another year and that good year will bring more success again on bitcoin and maybe also for some altcoins, so what we have to do is just to hold.
Activity: 352
December 30, 2017, 01:38:13 AM
I think one way to overcome the fear of holding is to not look at your holdings all the time and just set yourself a limit on when you check your holdings within a week or within the day. And remember always that it is all in your mind, you can control yourself but you just have to set yourself also some limitation.
Yeaaa that's really true , when you look at your investment and it get dropped.
You will have a desire to sell it immediately because of the panic attack , don't do that i suggest about that too.
Just set a goal and stick on it , believe me holding with full of patience won't let you down.
Just imagine that in 2018 the price of bitcoin or any other currency you hold will increase more and I will earn a lot of money and especially in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and it is expected that in 2018 it will hit 30000 dollars which is a huge amount for one bitcoin.

When you just think about earning money will hold your coins for good times to come, and you will hold your coins without any fear of losing.
Activity: 392
December 29, 2017, 11:51:51 PM

It's just that everyone realistically understands that there are always people like you, you will sell your savings, in the hope of minimizing losses, they will buy you cheaper at a price, and then wait for a raise, and after such recessions, the volatility and all, the whole secret success.
Trading is the second name of risk if you are a best player in risk taking then it means you are an excellent trader because when you are confident on your work then you will get success in your work because confident is must for every work you are doing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
December 29, 2017, 11:45:39 PM
I think you are not afraid of holding but you are not ready to lose your money, so to overcome it is You must be ready to lose your money !
If you are ready for it then you will not be afraid to holding
[/quot

if afraid of holding then just sell btc and take out Your first money You put in crypto and later just play with profit money...I do that way 3 years ago and no more afraid from losing money.. Wink
to become a success trader you need to become a risk taker so if you are a good risk taker then it means you are a good trader and if you are not a good risk taker then you will never become a good trader because you will never try your knowledge anywhere and if you are risk taker then you will be confident on your work and you will never fear from loss.
Pages:
Jump to: