Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers - page 22. (Read 31437 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 23, 2018, 10:20:57 PM
Tell me, what to invest at now?
copper member
Activity: 140
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
November 23, 2018, 09:59:30 PM
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

According to Trace Mayer as I watched his recommendation on how to survive the falling market is to be responsible enough in yourself. Use the 4 fundamental things needed. The Bitcoin core, Armory wallet, purism laptop and I forgot the 4th one.
November 23, 2018, 09:44:31 PM
I lost a lot on altcoins this year
Activity: 23
Merit: 2
November 23, 2018, 09:36:29 PM
Thanks,  this post was sob
 much informative.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
November 23, 2018, 09:23:52 PM
As for me, i only use MEW myetherewallet, it is safe their just so you also take care your username and password to be kept secured and also the keystore/json file for the full security of your wallet. But you should remember not to go to phising sites that are only e-mailed to you through your gmail or e-mail address, so that your account would refrain from hackers.
November 23, 2018, 09:17:14 PM
Need to sell a crypto now?
Activity: 308
November 23, 2018, 06:06:24 PM
Avoid phishing sites and everything that promises more profit, because it can be sure that something that promises better then it is a big lie, you can also use the ledger wallet, wallet offline that can be integrated with mew or metamask
for the basic security never share your private key with other.
using hardware wallet is safe but have high risk when the hardware lost or damaged.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
November 23, 2018, 06:02:57 PM
I will never stop repeating this: your safety depends on your attentiveness and caution. Always keep in mind that a website or application can be hacked. Always check the address line and do not use closed source applications.
November 23, 2018, 05:58:57 PM
We need a new Ethereum
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
November 23, 2018, 05:45:29 PM
also can add, that:
1) never install various unknown sotware, especially wallets of other projects on your system (or use virtual operation system, like i'm)
2) never buy used hardware wallet
3) use 2 factor authentication
4) never hold passwords list on your dektop
Activity: 364
November 23, 2018, 05:34:33 PM
In order to save your coins, you must securely store your personal data and your private key. This is the most important safety rule.
Activity: 510
Merit: 2
November 23, 2018, 05:33:05 PM
There are many different ways that you can protect wallet and are
1.have a separate wallet that you will keep your valuable token or coin
2.don't share your private key anybody
3. Don't click on any link that you don't know about it when you re ask to click on it.
Activity: 392
November 23, 2018, 05:19:43 PM
I know only one good way to protect wallet from hackers, it is a hard wallet. I use it for btc and ether I have bought recently. I think that other ways aren't very reliable compared to this one
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
November 23, 2018, 05:12:31 PM
   Simply,don't trust to anyone. Even we can't avoid hacker,we can protect our wallet by ourselves. Don't share your password,private key or any info regarding your wallet to anyone. Also try to use paper wallet ,it's more secure than online wallet.
Activity: 34
November 23, 2018, 05:08:53 PM
Don't be stupid. Keep your stuff offline and follow OP SEC rules.
Activity: 480
Merit: 4
November 23, 2018, 05:07:41 PM
The first step to get toasted with scammers online is to dish out your wallet address whether knowingly or unknowingly clicking on links phising sites are also dangerous one has to be very careful while online and also offline paper wallets are recommendable
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
November 23, 2018, 04:55:35 PM
you can simply use a hardware wallet like ledger nano s or trezor are the best option right now waiting for sirin lab phone recently i saw the prototype in cnbc look awesome and give a good blockchain experience
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
November 19, 2018, 12:33:31 AM
As a form of protection for wallets against hackers in crypto, don't let other people know the data around the wallet and also where you store it. Don't put all the money you have in one place. You can save it in another wallet, bank, or in the form of investment in several other investment places. Crypto prices continue to fluctuate, besides securing your wallet, the method can also secure the amount of value that is in the wallet so that it does not continue to shrink.
Activity: 644
November 19, 2018, 12:24:46 AM
This is a very important problem because many people lose coins because their wallets are hacked. And using a hardware wallet certainly doesn't have a small cost. And I have used the Myetherwallet wallet and it is very safe and I use several wallets. By storing tokens in multiple wallets and maintaining private keys correctly, it will be safer.
Activity: 154
November 19, 2018, 12:15:47 AM
my opinion is store coins in offline wallet it will helps you to avoiding from hackers.
Pages:
Jump to: