Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers - page 19. (Read 31437 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 12
SecondBTC - Trade and Earn
December 14, 2018, 04:04:23 AM
Read this article if you want to more security tips

https://cryptomaa.com/btc/how-to-protect-and-keep-bitcoin-wallet-secure-from-hackers/

Additional avoid using free software download from unauthorize website.
They can access your  PRIVATE keys without your information
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
December 13, 2018, 06:00:21 PM
It seems to me that the secure storage of private keys will ensure you security. You do not have to give anyone your private keys.
Activity: 182
December 13, 2018, 02:41:27 PM
In my opinion, all wich you need, is be careful with your actions in internet. Just don't do stupid things, don't have trust to may scums users and all will be good.
Activity: 725
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
December 13, 2018, 02:35:08 PM
in fact, if a hacker targets you, it is hard to protect your funds, probably cold storage is best
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
W12 – Blockchain protocol
December 13, 2018, 02:33:12 PM
actually i think taht of a hacker wan5s your wallet nothing will stop him you can call me  apessimist but i doubt that usual  precautious helps
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
December 13, 2018, 02:32:44 PM
actually I just did a simple step, which is using a secure internet network and always checking the sites that I want to access
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
December 13, 2018, 02:31:42 PM
For me, there is no problem in every method of keeping your account safe as long your very careful in opening your account,  just make sure that you're visiting the right url address.

Just always marked the site where you often  use.  And always write your keys in a secret notebook  of yours. Because not all of us afford to buy hard Wallet.

Well your suggestion about cold wallet is good but not all of us own person computer, so I suggest to app in an adriod or iOS.
Activity: 602
December 13, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
Yes, you can work on your principle. But. It is better to securely count your computer. Do not open wallets. You also need to safely hide your keys on the remote site. Do not install browser plugins and more. I think you will find many interesting articles here.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 13, 2018, 02:26:08 PM
Thanks for this information it's really informative and nicely written,  hopefully there will be more secure way for most of this app,  most especially MEW, 
Activity: 280
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
December 13, 2018, 02:23:17 PM
I think the both are still the same, for me if you are using erc20 tokens, you can use mycrypto wallet or you can metamask or myetherwallet but connect to it using metamask, these gives more security than using type in your private keys.
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
December 13, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
First of all, get yourself an offline wallet on a device that has never connected and will not be connected to the Internet, this will help minimize the risk of hacking, and keep your fixed assets on this wallet.
choosing hardware wallet is a safer way to protect your asset from hacker,you can trying hardware wallet like Trezor for store your cryptocurrency because this is best way
Activity: 285
December 13, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
I think using an application like Password manager is a service that saves all wallet information. A reputable password manager service does not store passwords on servers and preserves information in encrypted form, preferably using the AES 256 encryption standard. Personally, I'm using Lastpass because it meets all of the criteria
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 13, 2018, 01:58:53 PM
I just use myetherwallet and to be safe from hacker i never enter my private keys anywhere just on the right website.
I save the keys on my note and save it in many places on my computer and flashdrive.
You can share your wallet address to anyone to anywhere but never the privakeys.
copper member
Activity: 462
December 13, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I read a news today which stated that cryptocurrency investors are the worst password users. What this meant was that they don't creat well enough strong password to protect their assets.  So I suggest the most important thing is your password
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
December 13, 2018, 01:20:35 PM
First of all, get yourself an offline wallet on a device that has never connected and will not be connected to the Internet, this will help minimize the risk of hacking, and keep your fixed assets on this wallet.
Activity: 644
December 13, 2018, 12:57:01 PM
Use cold storage wallets. Trezor, Ledger is a very good secure wallets option. Do not spare funds for safety, losses in case of theft will be much more.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
December 13, 2018, 12:56:48 PM
Well, first do not store any passwords on your computer, not in any tabs, install an antivirus on your computer,and check it periodically from viruses,do not open any spam letters that come to the mail, especially if you participate in the bounty, they will just come to you 100 thousand, with one purpose to deceive you
Activity: 434
SESSIA
December 13, 2018, 12:55:57 PM
Just buy cold wallet like trezor or ledger. Believe me, it is worth wasting your money for this protective measure.
Spare no money for this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
December 13, 2018, 12:55:05 PM
Hackers are people who don't want to work hard or are lazy. So they have good thoughts, but they use them to get results from stealing other people's coins. Hackers make us lose money and we don't know what to ask for accountability. To avoid hackers I use a wallet based on Ethereum. This time I use a very safe wallet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 108
December 13, 2018, 12:54:12 PM
If hackers really want to hack you, they will be able to do it i think. Even exchanges were hacked, and you beliebe that you can protect yourself somehow? However, i believe that the paper and pen is the only protection.
Pages:
Jump to: