Pages:
Author

Topic: HOW TO protect yourself from Scammers - page 11. (Read 3926 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 04:57:33 AM
I can protect my self by keeping my private key in a safe place and I'm not making a transacton in an anonymous person for me to avoid scam or hacker
Activity: 4
June 11, 2018, 04:56:28 AM
save our  key
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 11, 2018, 04:52:25 AM
Type 4: Identity theft scammers - These guys will contact you as CEOs of ICOs or Social celebrities, usually banking upon the names of a famous person
How to protect yourself: Try pinging them from an another ID of theirs (say if scammer pinged you from Telegram, drop them a message over their facebook ID) and ask them to check that message. This would work as a Two-Factor-Authentication for that personality.
I often meet this types and maybe such types are very common, and many have experienced them. They claimed to be on the team side, and offered to donate to their wallet address. This is usually on telegram. But I don't do anything, because from any point, this is obviously a hoax, a fake, a scam. So I just ignore these things.
Activity: 140
June 11, 2018, 04:26:41 AM
never use your private address
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
June 11, 2018, 04:22:36 AM
In my years of experience with bitcoin there is only one effective way to avoid scammers. In joining ICO even if you do your research you will not know that they are scammers until the ICO is over. Even if how many preparations we do or make in the end we still end up being a victim to scammers. The best way to avoid scammers is to no invest your bitcoins. Just hold it in your wallet and hold it for a long time and when the price is right you can sell them and you will have a good profit.
What youre imposing here is for long term investors but what about those making a living by joining ico,investing in projects?this is what OP is addressing for them to avoid being a victim of this scammers

To OP you have lots of experiences and knowledge about this damn scammers,hoping that this post and advices my lead to lessen the poor victim ,and may they knowledgeable upon this bad doings
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 04:21:10 AM
In my years of experience with bitcoin there is only one effective way to avoid scammers. In joining ICO even if you do your research you will not know that they are scammers until the ICO is over. Even if how many preparations we do or make in the end we still end up being a victim to scammers. The best way to avoid scammers is to no invest your bitcoins. Just hold it in your wallet and hold it for a long time and when the price is right you can sell them and you will have a good profit.

I am also a victim of a scammers for a very long time I've been scam here for a lot of times and neither one of them I do not have figure out that they are scammers because they are really as normal as what a normal icos are and they are really hard to know it you will be scammed or not. So for me it is just a matter of luck  because you always join an ico that you never knew in the first place it is like going to a war alone. Even if you check it much more if they are great scammers they will be successful.
Activity: 502
June 11, 2018, 04:16:37 AM
By strickly researching about their what going to do,because now many of those scammer was pretending a staff of one ico and they ask for money,im sure  you will know if scammer was came to you its just was horrible.
if we know what the scammer will do then we do not have to laboriously secure our wallets because we already know. and how can we know what a scammer will do with us ?. we will never know when a scammer will steal the bitcoin from our wallet. so we must always be ready for alert and careful that scammers do not steal our bitcoin just like that,

All we need to know is what scammers always do to scam other people because if you aware about their doing you can avoid to be victim by scam.
Activity: 64
June 11, 2018, 04:11:22 AM
To protect yourself from scammers you need to be careful and do not just trust the people you do not know or even know you because when money can easily make a sin.
Activity: 365
June 11, 2018, 04:11:06 AM
By strickly researching about their what going to do,because now many of those scammer was pretending a staff of one ico and they ask for money,im sure  you will know if scammer was came to you its just was horrible.
if we know what the scammer will do then we do not have to laboriously secure our wallets because we already know. and how can we know what a scammer will do with us ?. we will never know when a scammer will steal the bitcoin from our wallet. so we must always be ready for alert and careful that scammers do not steal our bitcoin just like that,
Activity: 504