Pages:
Author

Topic: HOW TO protect yourself from Scammers - page 13. (Read 3925 times)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
June 10, 2018, 09:01:36 AM
This is a very nice initiative but you forgot the most important one common sense and logic, if it's to good to true then it's false. People often fall for those catchy ads and fake generators saying they'll get one btc or they fall to simple tricks like giving away their seed and password which is so dumb. I hope you can add common sense and logic also to your list.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 08:55:31 AM
Thank you for sharing that wonderful statement of yours and I hope it will come to handy someday.
It is true that there are a lot of ICO who are just scam, but in my experience in cryptocurrency what I do is to avoid scam is to buy it when it is already available in the market, ICO phase is something I don't trust completely and this is my way of protecting myself to some scamming incidence.
Activity: 182
June 10, 2018, 08:03:08 AM
Scammer and hacker now a days are smart they will do everything to get what they want that is why we need to doubled our security to protect our wallet and we need to be knowledgeable or wise enough so that they will not be outweigh by the those scammer. 
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 07:32:30 AM
to protect yourself from scammer,keep your etherum wallet,keep all the password and dont share with anybody
Well i didn't say i don't agree with your opinion but scammer is everywhere even though you don't share your personal password and even if you didn't tell anybody about it but still scammer's have a way like using online site's, there are some reports in transferring funds that most of the site's now are not trusted.
Activity: 9
June 10, 2018, 07:27:43 AM
Never ever share your private key!!! Not even to anybody who says he's from the support or anybody ever!!
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 07:10:34 AM
You should always be careful every time you transact online because scammed is currently very smart so be careful with them. And the most important thing you must have to avoid a scam is to bring enough knowledge to determine if the person is a scanner or not
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 01:11:24 AM
to be able to protect myself from scammers it seems like I need some experience so should be able to avoid it, the way I use it is I have to search for very clear and deeper information, and do not believe it by doubling the bitcoin easily.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
June 10, 2018, 12:20:56 AM
Nice information for the newbies. I want to give some opinion regarding this.
1. Some of the icos really are a scam, even you are just doing campaign it is still a hard work so read carefuly their projects and their plans. If no spreedsheet dont apply for it.
2. Fake coins? They use same name of the known coins so you better reqlly check their contact address when buying.
3. Most of the scam are in the social media. Check their account if its new. Beware of that. Dont be lured by it.
 And for the rest, just be careful. Some People who are in tgis wrong doings will do all the strategies just to have our money. If you are not smart enough to differentiate this scam, its very unlucky to you to loss all your money to nothing.
Activity: 30
June 10, 2018, 12:06:02 AM
The only effective way to secure your assets against scammers is by holding your information away from them, never store any thing like secret keys online or backing it up in an email, and also stop being greedy because that is the only thing that will drag you into being scammed.
There are many ways to protect your cryptos. One of the most basic to secure your assets is to keep your personal information and account private. Second, learn how to read. It’s very simple instruction but many of us are blinded by these scammers with their flowering words by promoting false information. And lastly, learn to be realistic at all times.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
June 09, 2018, 06:36:25 PM
The only effective way to secure your assets against scammers is by holding your information away from them, never store any thing like secret keys online or backing it up in an email, and also stop being greedy because that is the only thing that will drag you into being scammed.
Activity: 229
Merit: 1
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
June 09, 2018, 06:33:24 PM
There's a lot of kind of scammer but the  same is they want is to steal your money so we need to be extra careful in any situation.  Because once you fall in their trap you cannot scape and you lose everything.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
Activity: 34
June 09, 2018, 06:20:46 PM
Scammers are everywhere now especially for cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin and other coins have more enemies than friends. Developers and programmers are really taking advantage of the novice in this industry. The best way to guide against them is to keep your private key and wallet id and password from the public. With this you can be safe from scammers and fraud.
Activity: 133
June 09, 2018, 05:41:16 PM
thanks for these information, i learnt from it and i also see it as an eye opener. although you have said it all ... there is no 100% precautions that proof safety when it comes to internet fraud but we just have to be care in all our dealings to avoid scammers.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 05:34:50 PM
 Scammer are continuously getting creative with their strategies on how to commit scams,  its unfortunate that your hard work can go up in smoke in a matter of minutes, THIS CAN however be avoided through proper caution and thorough analysis of projects before one  commits to a coin ar any activity, make sure that they are authentic
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
June 09, 2018, 05:23:06 PM
You can protect yourself form scammers first be aware of making a deal with anonymous person or having a transaction them because i think  some of users here in bitcointalk are not giving their real identity and also keep your private key in a safe place that no one can know except you

I agree with you once you have been decided to make a transaction are buying something with your cryptocurrencies you need to be a careful from the scammers but once you have been learnt or something it will be very helpful to you be safer in this field .
Activity: 294
June 09, 2018, 05:14:10 PM
You can protect yourself form scammers first be aware of making a deal with anonymous person or having a transaction them because i think  some of users here in bitcointalk are not giving their real identity and also keep your private key in a safe place that no one can know except you
Activity: 400
Merit: 59
June 08, 2018, 07:45:27 PM
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
June 08, 2018, 07:10:53 PM
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
June 08, 2018, 03:02:11 PM
The rate of scammers have increased tremendiously, and we need to be extra careful not to fall a victim. I pray none of us will fall to this sammers.
Pages:
Jump to: