Pages:
Author

Topic: HOW TO protect yourself from Scammers - page 9. (Read 3923 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 03:03:47 AM
That's a lot of ways to prevent scammers fooled you. This will be useful for newbies like me in cryptocurrency technology. Hope that i will not become a victim of those scammers.
Activity: 405
Merit: 100
June 24, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
I can manage to protect myself against  scammers through wise thinking, not giving too much trust in their famous line, "invest, earn double". Through searching and verifying if you are joining a legit group and most important of all is they can prove whatever they are proposing.
Well that is the first thing you do, i think you don't believe it immediately if what they says. First you need to research if its true or think well before you will decide, you must aware and be careful in your decision. If you really doubt so don't continue  and avoid it. Don't talk if you are not sure. Being wise is better so that you will not victim of scammers.
Activity: 70
June 24, 2018, 11:42:20 AM
damned scammers shit Angry
must always be alert never sleep

I think do not be easily fooled by the big rewards, and see also the participants, lots or no followers, last do not forget to join the telegram group.
when will join bounty campaign and also ico project, try to find your own, not a recommendation from person. even if it is a recommendation, we should know for sure the truth of ico, not just ico pictures only, but the whole ico project. I say this because sometimes people are sharing info about ico, they do not include in detail the project from ico.
Activity: 114
June 24, 2018, 11:37:36 AM

That's a load of information that everyone should take a break and read. The best way to avoid scammer is to equip ourselves with enough knowledge like what op stated here, use our common sense at all times and always be vigilant on what is happening around us.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
June 24, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
You're right. But remember, professional fraud, you are still the victim. Phishing is not just one person but one team. They are more sophisticated and dangerous than you think. Only you can hold yourself. Be more discerning
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 09:53:10 AM
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
June 24, 2018, 09:33:01 AM
You've listed most points but I'll still add mine:
1. Beware of offers that are too good to be true, most are ponzi schemes.
2. Safeguard your personal information and beware of Airdrops that collects personal data.

Since bitcoin is becoming larger and larger, the scammers are scattered around. In order to protect yourself to this, I agree on the statememts above. I would also like to add the following: Know the background of the campaign you're going to join by asking the opinions of others. Listen to your guts. If you feel that it is so good to be true  or having hesitation then don't try it out. Be wise in making decisions. Plan everything before taking an action.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 24, 2018, 09:29:51 AM
It's really hard to protect ourselves from scammers. It's being part of our society of having these kind of people. And best way to protect ourselves from it is to use our own common sense which is not common Cheesy.
Activity: 784
June 24, 2018, 09:06:52 AM
In this world of bitcoins, we should be aware of scammers such that some ico's are not paying your job, but at the first place we have nothing to lose. I mean we dont lose money for this investment, but only our time and effort whenever we are scammed. We shall aware of scammers.bounty campaigns posted by the one who has minus trust may lead to scam.
Activity: 335
June 24, 2018, 09:01:03 AM
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
June 24, 2018, 07:44:17 AM
And now in many airdrops they send an mail to fill form and require you to sign a message with and you can do that with your private key so be careful and don't give your private key to any one
Activity: 224
June 24, 2018, 07:06:09 AM
Less than 10% of my investments turn out to be mice or those who did not calculate their strengths and did not reach the goal. It's unavoidable. How would you not study the company, no matter what feedback you see, it's like there are errors in mathematics. The best defense is experience and work on mistakes.
Activity: 317
June 24, 2018, 06:27:59 AM
Yey thanks for this im going to share this to my friends cause many of my friend just got hack thier eth wallet they dont know how they have been hacked
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
June 24, 2018, 06:23:17 AM
I think the best way to get yourself protected from scammers is to be educated and do your research.  Try to know the project as a whole.  Its people,  mechanics,  and it legitimacy. The reason why some are getting scammed is that they always take everything without even knowing if the thing is legitimate.
Activity: 434
June 24, 2018, 06:19:28 AM
You have to trust noone, and that's basically i am doing most especially that scammers are just around trying to victimize others. Once you noticed a very suspicious events around, then you gotta think twice. Investing ICO, for instance, you need to have a deep investigation first whether or not the team behind it is 100% legit.
Activity: 74
June 24, 2018, 05:40:25 AM
The only way to protect yourself with scammers is to be conscious  all the time.Hold  and hold and hold till when price is good then sell off.
Activity: 307
June 24, 2018, 04:31:48 AM
Jlv
Activity: 336
The Future Of Work
June 24, 2018, 01:59:21 AM
I think you can protect yourself from scammers by not joining in their ICO project or do not invest your money to them, try to observe and have more research before letting your money in with them, be alert always.
Activity: 173
June 23, 2018, 02:48:36 PM
I was scammed few hours ago. All my tokens are gone in an instant but I know it is alp my fault. Their "modus" is, 2 or more of them will pm you. One asking for your wallet private key, and the other one is asking to buy your tokens in negotiable price. They will continue to pm you. The other one will send you few tokens to make you trust them. And ask for your private key again because of some reasons they will tell you. (This is where I lost my other wallet). Next person will negotiate to your token price. Once you sent your tokens, they will not pay you. And then block.
Lesson here is don't ever trust anyone other people other than ICO people. Don't send your private key to anyone and don't make transactions to new people or person you don't even know. Be carefull everyone because crypto world is also a world full of scammers.
Activity: 42
June 23, 2018, 02:30:33 PM
thanks for the tips. i mostly didn't care much on these things. but after reading this i thought that i should be more vigilante.
Pages:
Jump to: