Pages:
Author

Topic: How to recognize scam - page 17. (Read 3159 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 09:21:10 AM
A lot of porjects have no team members photo's. It is fishy right? No whitepaper, but already in the ICO token sale. Red flag. Are there more issues I have to really look out for when I look into an ICO??  Roll Eyes

Absolutely true

Also you should find advisors, contact the team and ask a lot of questions

What is more you could try to find some information about a team in google
Activity: 128
Merit: 22
Life is like a box of chocolates :)
January 24, 2018, 08:44:37 AM
A lot of porjects have no team members photo's. It is fishy right? No whitepaper, but already in the ICO token sale. Red flag. Are there more issues I have to really look out for when I look into an ICO??  Roll Eyes
Activity: 154
Merit: 121
January 24, 2018, 08:21:38 AM
For me, its hard to recognize scam. As i goes, in this cryptocurrency, I learned some key points to consider and one of this is the services offered , if its too good to be true and very positive to all bitcoiners, it easilly attracts but in reality very risky to take investments on it.
Activity: 25
Merit: 5
January 24, 2018, 08:04:26 AM
Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know.

Well it is perfectly fair because ICO = Ponzi.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 08:03:13 AM
That’s very interesting. There are too many scammer around and some of them look/talk very proffessional. Sometimes it’s really hard to understand.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
January 24, 2018, 07:59:13 AM
Its really hard to differentiate what is scam and what is not, some of them are good, too good to be true, some have a nice website but still end up to be a scam at the end, almost all are just redundancy project.

We can easily see if the project is a scam if its too good to be true, read carefully everything about it before you invest. This is the risk we are talking about on this kind of market specially when you are joining ICO’s. But if you really believe on the specific project go invest on it. Always think that if its high risk it can gives higher profit but of course invest only what you can afford to loose.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
{Capricorn}
January 24, 2018, 07:52:12 AM
Its really hard to differentiate what is scam and what is not, some of them are good, too good to be true, some have a nice website but still end up to be a scam at the end, almost all are just redundancy project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 23
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
January 24, 2018, 07:43:33 AM
All your points are definitely valid.

I would add an additional one, the one raised by Cialdini in his book on manipulation. He stated something like this (I don't have the exact quote available): you know, it is really hard to tell if someone is taking advantage of you or not. But there is something common in all the situations like this. It is a gut feeling that you are manipulated to do something you don't want to and you can feel it as a tightness in your gut.
Activity: 406
January 24, 2018, 07:28:32 AM
I only think that if something is too good to be true then it smells kinda fishy. When they promise too much and it's all on their mouth, but not with actions, well you might consider that a scam.

agree =)
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
January 24, 2018, 05:58:41 AM
I only think that if something is too good to be true then it smells kinda fishy. When they promise too much and it's all on their mouth, but not with actions, well you might consider that a scam.
Activity: 122
Merit: 14
January 09, 2018, 10:07:17 AM
Yes many of airdrops are scam and its very difficult to find whether it scam or not so never give your private key in MEW .and also be careful when you buying an ico before invest in ico read their whitepaper and watch the reviews of experienced crypto investors
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
January 09, 2018, 10:04:18 AM
Well, I can't say that those you've given signs are correct but yes that might be a helpful one indeed. I read some ICO on their ANN threads, websites and really for the composition of the team but I am merely on teams because some of it can be faked so easily but I am deeply researching every details they have just like webinars or discussion because it turns out that is true. But on the other hand I read some successful ICO's too even though they are not showy on public but have good concepts yet still they make it and still running. Deep research really is a must and reading some reviews and articles.
Activity: 126
January 09, 2018, 09:48:56 AM
Scams in ICO are quite hard to detect. I think it needs a lot of years and or experience to consider a project as a scam. Even more so, this does not guarantee that you'd be an expert right away.  Whether you have tons of experience and awareness of how to detect scam, you would still have to based it on research, the consensus of others, and your gut feel.  Researching by asking questions to find out more about an ICO helps a lot and equally helpful is if you are getting responses fromthe project teamabout it.  There is the question still of whether they are truthful with their responses so again, this is where seeking other's feedback comes in handy.  After which, you then use your gut feel and sound judgment to rule it out as scam or not.  After all, it's your money on the line.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 09:47:02 AM
If team members find it hard to explain concept of the project ,then it gives me a red flag that something fishy about the project. Most important if your questions are not answered , then I start to think of scam.
Activity: 38
January 09, 2018, 09:34:41 AM
Well they're pretty easy to discover. No team, bad spelling, bad marketing, no SEO, fake followers, fake attention, nobody has heard about them, no whitepaper, bad response rate, bad reputation on other forums, known scammers running, etc.
I think with time people will pay more attention to these items that you wrote ...

They already should actually
Activity: 200
January 04, 2018, 01:42:17 PM
i dont think scam projects are easy to be recognized nowadays, new ICOs recently has been so easy to be done and easy to get pass the eyes of investors no matter how good investors, we can only see them very few through unusual in their whitepaper and their roadmap, they may not taking care anything about their ICOs or always delay at everything, but these are just small parts of a scam ICO, there are many things that we can not find out which one is scam.
Activity: 546
January 04, 2018, 01:33:31 PM
Well they're pretty easy to discover. No team, bad spelling, bad marketing, no SEO, fake followers, fake attention, nobody has heard about them, no whitepaper, bad response rate, bad reputation on other forums, known scammers running, etc.
I think with time people will pay more attention to these items that you wrote ...
Activity: 25
January 04, 2018, 12:19:53 PM
Activity: 64
January 04, 2018, 12:08:33 PM
Additional, a promise high return of investment. this is so ridiculous so many dumb person will risk their money in promise to give them a higher return of investment.
Really interesting to why so.
Activity: 11
January 04, 2018, 11:57:36 AM
Additional, a promise high return of investment. this is so ridiculous so many dumb person will risk their money in promise to give them a higher return of investment.
Pages:
Jump to: