Pages:
Author

Topic: How to recognize scam - page 19. (Read 3159 times)

Activity: 805
Merit: 250
December 26, 2017, 12:42:46 PM
One of the biggest signs of a scam is that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. The whole point of a ico is to make money if the project has alot of promise it could all well be a good idea. If the founders won't talk answer questions then that has to raise doubts.
A good communication between investors and from the owners is always be there. If it is not present or even there no such replies from queries then it could be possible that their project is totally a scam. One of the best strategies made by scammers are just offering a huge rewards, which it could really attract more investors. That's why, before participating ICO project say to it that you have gather enough information from their team members and it have a reliable rewards.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 12:41:38 PM
for now some ico which not use escrow not really success, and if with escrow, sometime in market not really success. but it is not so many case that happen.

In my opinion, advisors are more important
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network
December 26, 2017, 12:32:39 PM
I guess pre ico having a good set of investors and showing some good numbers is one way to choose.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 26, 2017, 12:32:18 PM
for now some ico which not use escrow not really success, and if with escrow, sometime in market not really success. but it is not so many case that happen.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 12:28:59 PM
My advice is to do some research. Know more about the company or team you are about to get into. Ask your colleagues or people here on the forum on what are their thoughts about these companies/teams. I believe that if it is too good to be true, then it is a scam. It is already one sign.
December 26, 2017, 12:17:35 PM
ICO scams are real and you can't judge the outcome of an ICO based on the founders or team knowledge on the product. A founder or team member can know the products in and out but if their intention is to scam nothing can be done to prevent that. I only give my support to an ICO that has a product or service in the market for at least the last two years, with an established office and good team management. The team must be in full time work with the product. That give me confident.

Absolutely agree. There should be stable company behind ICO
December 26, 2017, 12:16:17 PM
ICO industry is dying and there is nothing you can do. Just making a good product and telling people about it

true. In my opinion, there will be no ICO in 2019
How sure you are guys that there will be no longer ICO in the coming years? I don't think so, I think a lot of ICO will still open and a lot will really stay. How to recognize scam? simply just look at the team and its vision if it is too good to be true don't join it is 90% not true and is just a scam.

This is just an opinion. ICO are not trusted any more thought
Activity: 328
www.daxico.com
December 26, 2017, 12:06:00 PM
ICO scams are real and you can't judge the outcome of an ICO based on the founders or team knowledge on the product. A founder or team member can know the products in and out but if their intention is to scam nothing can be done to prevent that. I only give my support to an ICO that has a product or service in the market for at least the last two years, with an established office and good team management. The team must be in full time work with the product. That give me confident.
Merit: 110
December 26, 2017, 11:58:09 AM
ICO industry is dying and there is nothing you can do. Just making a good product and telling people about it

How sure you are guys that there will be no longer ICO in the coming years? I don't think so, I think a lot of ICO will still open and a lot will really stay. How to recognize scam? simply just look at the team and its vision if it is too good to be true don't join it is 90% not true and is just a scam.
December 26, 2017, 11:41:38 AM

Activity: 566
Merit: 13
December 26, 2017, 11:39:30 AM
December 19, 2017, 08:32:32 AM
it is always a very difficult to find a scam.you can read white paper and discuss with experts.in addition you can see the background of the ico as well.

it is very difficult. and I agree if the ICO is too perfect it can be a scam
Activity: 330
http://www.daxico.com/
December 19, 2017, 07:00:47 AM
I think you can find out if a campaign is a scam is the way of they're offer you to pay you a bitcoin but they're campaign is a altcoin because I experience it when I joined them and then many people react on them why like this, like that and somebody massage me that they report it and the manager shut it down.
Activity: 201
December 19, 2017, 06:53:50 AM
it is always a very difficult to find a scam.you can read white paper and discuss with experts.in addition you can see the background of the ico as well.
Activity: 364
December 19, 2017, 06:49:20 AM
you'll find that a scam is something when I offer you a huge amount of money that does not really get you the right bitcoin because scammers have a huge amount of money to attract sophisticated rich people so you should not simply trust in you know someone.
December 19, 2017, 06:26:15 AM
If it's too good to be true, most likely, it is a scam. If it is a company, try researching the company profile first. Include also its members. Look at its history, accomplishments and issues before. Also, bitcointalk has recently exposed scammers through email. Check also your messages here for more updates regarding scammers.

100% agree. Also you can check linkedin profiles of team members, read about them and their achievements

True. Team is crutial fpr a succesful ICO
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 04:10:36 AM
If it's too good to be true, most likely, it is a scam. If it is a company, try researching the company profile first. Include also its members. Look at its history, accomplishments and issues before. Also, bitcointalk has recently exposed scammers through email. Check also your messages here for more updates regarding scammers.

100% agree. Also you can check linkedin profiles of team members, read about them and their achievements
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 18, 2017, 04:07:35 AM
Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

So I decided to make a list of scam signs: (and this is just my own opinion)

- A founder and a team are not open.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

- Spending a lot of money on marketing isn't always show professionalism.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

- They don't have a readymade product.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

And what do you think about it? What are your signs of a scam?

It's hard to tell if an ICO is a hoax, but you can search through Google to see if it has a bad record.
Activity: 320
December 18, 2017, 03:45:19 AM
a scam can be recognized when looking at sales when ICO and transactions do not get great support. you can conclude it's a scam because if it is a successful coin it will surely have a large volume of transactions and will definitely achieve sales targets.
Activity: 73
Merit: 11
December 18, 2017, 03:41:27 AM
I'd they spend too much on marketing then it raises alarm.  When I seedlings grows, it's usually quiet. But when a tree crashes it makes a lot of noise. Remember that.
Pages:
Jump to: