Author

Topic: How to save money. - page 140. (Read 345783 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 20, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
The best way to save money - invest successfully!
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
August 20, 2015, 08:09:03 AM
It's really not this easy. I like how you've suggested a financial plan, but someone who makes almost 8 bucks an hour can not afford multiple things on top of their daily bills. It's easy to make a financial plan if you make enough money to where you don't have your monthly budgets interfering with each other. For example, medical emergencies. At that type of salary, you're essentially one accident away from any financial savings for anything collapsing. Your car savings, or your house savings, can all be destroyed with the medical side of your life taking over it due to an insufficient "medical fund". Saving money is something everyone would love to do, but when you don't have a decent salary, it's next to impossible.
Sir, all things are possible 8 bucks per hour? It is enough for a normal person . And you said that all of your savings will be destroyed by pne accident? No . Do you really read this thread? That your savings must 20% of your monthly salary? And its use in 2 different ways? First the 10% is for emergencies,  so you cant spent the other 10% wich must spend in your personal interest like business,investment, and etc. So how possible you can't save? If you do this strategies you can save every month. And like i said theres a choices , save or not so choose.

So there are a couple things to pay attention to.  One is income generation and the other is under-consumption (saving).  It would make sense for effort to be put into income generation primarily, and then towards savings. 

If someone is making 8 bucks an hour and living in North America, then the effort needs to go into generating more income.  That wage is for unskilled labour, so it would make sense to gain a skillset that pays more.  Don't fall into the trap of doing unskilled labour for life.  That type of job should be a steppingstone to something else.  If you are going to learn a trade, get a formal education, or learn a skillset that you can apply on your own, it will allow you to get out of that trap of labour/retail type jobs.

8 bucks an hour will just cover the absolutely essential monthly expenses.  It makes sense if you're young and working part-time while living at home with parents, but don't make a career out of a job like that.

This was the point I was attempting to make. Relying on minimum wage is totally unreliable and almost impossible in certain areas. If you live in Los Angeles California, or NYC, you're looking at a extremely high cost of living compared to somewhere in Nebraska, for example. Therefore, saving money can only happen if you have a certain skill set to which you are compensated for above minimum wage work, also known as, a college degree. Hell, even a liberal arts degree.

something which really bothers me with minimum wage is that people criticize those people on minimum wage calling them burger flippers and ask them to develop skills, etc but actually I respect those people because they fought the system and got 15$ an hour, while the CEO and the company makes thousands of dollars every hour. This 'system' wants us to fight with each other about what's our worth and what we deserve, while they make millions.

How is flipping burgers for minimum wage fighting the system? Fighting the system is changing the system, you aren't changing anything by flipping burgers, you are making the CEO of the burger shop richer thats all.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2015, 03:54:37 AM
It's really not this easy. I like how you've suggested a financial plan, but someone who makes almost 8 bucks an hour can not afford multiple things on top of their daily bills. It's easy to make a financial plan if you make enough money to where you don't have your monthly budgets interfering with each other. For example, medical emergencies. At that type of salary, you're essentially one accident away from any financial savings for anything collapsing. Your car savings, or your house savings, can all be destroyed with the medical side of your life taking over it due to an insufficient "medical fund". Saving money is something everyone would love to do, but when you don't have a decent salary, it's next to impossible.
Sir, all things are possible 8 bucks per hour? It is enough for a normal person . And you said that all of your savings will be destroyed by pne accident? No . Do you really read this thread? That your savings must 20% of your monthly salary? And its use in 2 different ways? First the 10% is for emergencies,  so you cant spent the other 10% wich must spend in your personal interest like business,investment, and etc. So how possible you can't save? If you do this strategies you can save every month. And like i said theres a choices , save or not so choose.

So there are a couple things to pay attention to.  One is income generation and the other is under-consumption (saving).  It would make sense for effort to be put into income generation primarily, and then towards savings. 

If someone is making 8 bucks an hour and living in North America, then the effort needs to go into generating more income.  That wage is for unskilled labour, so it would make sense to gain a skillset that pays more.  Don't fall into the trap of doing unskilled labour for life.  That type of job should be a steppingstone to something else.  If you are going to learn a trade, get a formal education, or learn a skillset that you can apply on your own, it will allow you to get out of that trap of labour/retail type jobs.

8 bucks an hour will just cover the absolutely essential monthly expenses.  It makes sense if you're young and working part-time while living at home with parents, but don't make a career out of a job like that.

This was the point I was attempting to make. Relying on minimum wage is totally unreliable and almost impossible in certain areas. If you live in Los Angeles California, or NYC, you're looking at a extremely high cost of living compared to somewhere in Nebraska, for example. Therefore, saving money can only happen if you have a certain skill set to which you are compensated for above minimum wage work, also known as, a college degree. Hell, even a liberal arts degree.

something which really bothers me with minimum wage is that people criticize those people on minimum wage calling them burger flippers and ask them to develop skills, etc but actually I respect those people because they fought the system and got 15$ an hour, while the CEO and the company makes thousands of dollars every hour. This 'system' wants us to fight with each other about what's our worth and what we deserve, while they make millions.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
August 20, 2015, 03:49:28 AM

August 20, 2015, 03:39:39 AM
I spend way too much on eating out and coffee. I spend about $2.00 on coffee everyday - that's $40/month, nearly $500 each year.

I also buy lunch frequently, nearly $5k every year on dining out that's crazy if you think about it in big sums.
large expenditures, it is the habit of the American people, it is difficult to remove the habit

I think this is what most will struggle with and cant get rid of.

A habit of spending when they cant afford it because of the need of what we "dont have".

But if we can break the habit I think most people would be okay, and retire sooner then never.

I hold media responsible for that, people see each other on instragram and youtube with good clothes and costly tech and cars, and they think they need that as much as they believe they do, but in fact they don't. Nobody needs them gold chains or Jordans, and if you make coffee yourself rather than having starbucks, great money saving right there Tongue
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 20, 2015, 02:13:38 AM
I spend way too much on eating out and coffee. I spend about $2.00 on coffee everyday - that's $40/month, nearly $500 each year.

I also buy lunch frequently, nearly $5k every year on dining out that's crazy if you think about it in big sums.
large expenditures, it is the habit of the American people, it is difficult to remove the habit

I think this is what most will struggle with and cant get rid of.

A habit of spending when they cant afford it because of the need of what we "dont have".

But if we can break the habit I think most people would be okay, and retire sooner then never.
legendary
Activity: 1134
August 20, 2015, 02:13:09 AM
This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

Very respectful thoughts. Save money is a need for everyone of us. Mainly for the reason you told and less even for other reasons. It is important to save money notably for medical insurance, retirement, life insurance etc. All those things are important and need money if happened. But I don't understand your las sentence. Why you will stop your savings money in cash reserves if your 6 months salary will be $6,960? And if it will be $6,950 what happen?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f
August 20, 2015, 02:00:22 AM
I guess the best way to save money is to put it in the bank, especially if the money was pretty much
its better to invest the money you save than to put in bank
Activity: 434
August 20, 2015, 01:31:46 AM
I guess the best way to save money is to put it in the bank, especially if the money was pretty much

Yeah and no.

Its more of a catch 22, where you need a big amount to make enough interest to be worthwhile. Which is why most move their money to better margins of other investment places like stocks etc.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 20, 2015, 01:26:43 AM
Activity: 434
August 20, 2015, 01:16:20 AM
Saving Money is very important. The Money you, save you can invest in defferent investment vehicle
Like bond,equity,bitcoin and so more....

Yeah, I think most of us would agree saving is very important, but it should be towards a goal for retirement. Having equity is similar to cash, theres different terms that go about this when you loan money to buy a company.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f
August 20, 2015, 12:55:24 AM
Saving Money is very important. The Money you, save you can invest in defferent investment vehicle
Like bond,equity,bitcoin and so more....
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
August 20, 2015, 12:37:04 AM
Buy green land and BTC.I earn 2300 Euro per month.I spend 400 Euro for rent, 150 Euro for transportation, 400 Euro for nutrition and 150 Euro for entertainment and other.So I have got 1200 Euro to save.

I try to invest in BTC , stock market and cash.When we reach a pre defined amount I buy a greenland or sometimes an estate.

I also have 2.000 Euro woth gold at home.I do not have cent at any bank.

Clear people keep always some cash in hand. So don't be so greedy to invest all your savings, try to keep some cash also.

cash is always a nice thing to have.

if anything its more of a deal opener for better margins since most people see $10k or a huge amount of money visable will likely to accept your offer.

Its why usually people who buy cars get steep discounts like $3k off minimum.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
August 20, 2015, 12:15:13 AM
Buy green land and BTC.I earn 2300 Euro per month.I spend 400 Euro for rent, 150 Euro for transportation, 400 Euro for nutrition and 150 Euro for entertainment and other.So I have got 1200 Euro to save.

I try to invest in BTC , stock market and cash.When we reach a pre defined amount I buy a greenland or sometimes an estate.

Clear people keep always some cash in hand. So don't be so greedy to invest all your savings, try to keep some cash also.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 19, 2015, 03:00:26 PM

Bro dont put out so much personal information on the internet, its not safe.

Especially never ever disclose how much money you have at home, it's not safe because who knows what kind of people read your posts.

Its like that facebook case when some guy posted on facebook that he is going on vacation and burglars broke into his house the next day.
August 19, 2015, 10:21:34 AM

1100 euro permonth ? really big your expense Cheesy
i think property is good for long-term investment Smiley

If people actually bought bitcoins with all the 'savings' they make from their expenses, there would be so much of trade and bitocin would boost rocket high. unfortunately, people just need something to talk about or brag and lie, maybe hoping to write and get money from their sig campaigns or whatever, a person who really buys btc and understands bitcoin, doesn't keep whining about it.
Activity: 294
August 19, 2015, 09:32:47 AM

1100 euro permonth ? really big your expense Cheesy
i think property is good for long-term investment Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2015, 05:02:51 AM
You have written sensible things. Good post, there is something to think about.
Investing reasonable way to preserve and increase the funds.
Activity: 331
August 19, 2015, 04:49:35 AM

Activity: 294
August 19, 2015, 04:23:31 AM
oke i have other way to save my money Smiley
i buy Nubit, 1 of stable cryptocoin, price stable at 1$
we can enjoy a coffee without thinking that Miscellaneous

hah ?
im not sure to save in altcoin,
Jump to: