Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 154. (Read 173056 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
You are posing in the Gambling section asking how to stay away from Gambling. It would be a good start to not visit here anymore, as everything reminds you of gambling.
Or, if you can't stay away anyway, set yourself a weekly budget. And whatever happens, do not deposit more than that budget: don't chase losses! On top of that you need an exit strategy: at what profit will you withdraw and take your money for that week? Think of that before you start, if you just keep going you are likely to lose again at some point.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
RatingExpertise.com
Good way to start is to block access to every gambling site you have registered. Contact customer support and ask them to shut down your account, they'll help you.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500

actually drinking just a little amount daily is healthy and not harmful.
wiseman said: men without wine is like flag without wind.

Even if you say that there are still more negative effects that alcohol will cause to your body.

* Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change   mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination. 

* Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart

* Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations

* Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion

* Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers

* Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease.  Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much.  Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

i said drinking just a little amount, so no need to bring a wall of text about negative effects when drinking too much, or a lot, or long time, or heavily, or whatever.

Well I totally understand your point, I am just explaining my side and I think same goes for you, and I am just saying that drinking can really affect your body even with small amount intake if you do it always but that is not the point here because we are in gambling section and just like drinking gambling can certainly ruin your life in the process while doing it everyday.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
:)
If you gamble online, just shut off your computer and unplug your wireless connection.
Or if that does not work just have a friend encrypt your computer with a password that they only know, then when the time passes for the bets to be over get that password from them.
I had someone do this and it worked for them.
Lol you can't do that how about browsing or watching in youtube.. you can do that if you put a security or password to your computer.. i think its better to have a challenge your self to get a beautiful girl and make a vacation with her so that you can forgot gambling...
Is vacation codeword for sex?

Anyways, if you are truly addicted staying away is impossible
Activity: 350
If you gamble online, just shut off your computer and unplug your wireless connection.
Or if that does not work just have a friend encrypt your computer with a password that they only know, then when the time passes for the bets to be over get that password from them.
Lol you can't do that how about browsing or watching in youtube.. you can do that if you put a security or password to your computer.. i think its better to have a challenge your self to get a beautiful girl and make a vacation with her so that you can forgot gambling...
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
Have some self control and try to avoid it, Try to make some new hobbies or friends and do not come in contact with it, I think it's a good decision to leave gambling as it's rarely profitable.

If we are profiting a few coins from gambling compared to doing nothing or doing  a hobby and yet not earning, there is a tendency that we cannot leave gambling that easy, but if we find another source of profit, then there  is a big chance that we will give it a try...
Activity: 672
I think if you try to minimize the daily bets to a fixed number that could help to minimize the risks as well, so either the gambler win or minimize the risk of losing big amount
Activity: 176
Have some self control and try to avoid it, Try to make some new hobbies or friends and do not come in contact with it, I think it's a good decision to leave gambling as it's rarely profitable.
Activity: 462
when you have free time, try something different like doing some work or sport, relax,watch movie
Just stay away from  gambling everyday I think Smiley .
I also do it on a daily basis but every weekend I'm always interested to see the list of match in that day then attracted to gamble. like that every time. any people same with me ?

you are weak. let be strong. if you don't want things keep going as old way, so it's time to try something new. break the prison and escape, fly away.
Its very hard to stay away from gambling. Because you will get easily addicted to it and that is the problem.
People should control themselves and that is very important. I hope that more people will know that gambling is very bad.
Activity: 714
Wells staying away from gambling is not so hard if I'm honest because the fact is that gambling is just a game, you just need to find something else you like to do on the internet.
Maybe you could try some video games or something or hang out with friends it should really help but you should still control yourself before you will go to your old habit.
Activity: 210
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
You can actually stay away from gambling there are a lot of things that you can do. You can instead do this which is signature campaign this will actually make you busy by posting, reading and learning other things with bitcoin. You can also do trading instead of gambling somehow you can earn money from negotiation rather than loosing them in gambling..
Activity: 406
when you have free time, try something different like doing some work or sport, relax,watch movie
I also do it on a daily basis but every weekend I'm always interested to see the list of match in that day then attracted to gamble. like that every time. any people same with me ?

you are weak. let be strong. if you don't want things keep going as old way, so it's time to try something new. break the prison and escape, fly away.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Even if you say that there are still more negative effects that alcohol will cause to your body.

* Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change   mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination. 

* Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart

* Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations

* Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion

* Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers

* Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease.  Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much.  Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

i said drinking just a little amount, so no need to bring a wall of text about negative effects when drinking too much, or a lot, or long time, or heavily, or whatever.

Your absolutely right drinking just a small amount can benefit your body sometimes alcohol has been use to disinfect wounds and this guy just brag lots of negative information about drinking alcohol and not looking in it's positive side.
Activity: 364

Finding a hobby is very important.

It is very important to avoid places where earlier you played.

If you're in a relationship - the transfer of responsibilities and financial control over the money to your partner.
Yes indeed. You must do fun things with your family or friends. That is more important than gambling.
We all know that gambling is very fun to do. But it is very bad for your money and you should know that.
legendary
Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

Finding a hobby is very important.

It is very important to avoid places where earlier you played.

If you're in a relationship - the transfer of responsibilities and financial control over the money to your partner.
Activity: 406

Activity: 518
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Staying away is impossible...
Stay away from gambling is not impossible,  but quit from gambling forever the rest of your life it is impossible.

There already 70+ pages 1400+ comments here , and I think it is more than enough as reference how to stay away from gambling by distract to other good hobby than gamble etc , all we need is to read it back and don't be lazy.
Activity: 364
You don't really need to bet all your money, and you should not drink until you pass out.

I agree. All problems arise because of overusing of something. You shouldn't "stay away" just try to learn how to control yourself. It's not about gambling or drinking it's about control.
The best thing is just find some distraction. That is the best thing that you can do. I hope that more people will do it.
And do something else. Because otherwise it is all wasted time and that will be not good.
Jump to: