Pages:
Author

Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ? - page 96. (Read 173056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
As a person who has overcome several addictions my best advice is to surround yourself with people that also do not want to do the addiction you're trying to avoid.
This can be groups focused on overcoming addiction or it can be online groups discussing overcoming addiction and of course, it really all does boil down to simply agreeing not to do it and not doing it.

Is gambling included to that "several addictions"? I think not. Gambling is something that is common and accepted by the society unless the gambler himself has lost control. Even if you are surrounded by people who had never even held a card, a poker chip, etc., and they see you gambling, they will do nothing. They will just accept the fact that you're gambling. Gambling isn't like doing drugs. If someone sees you doing drugs, they will automatically look down on you and/or report you (in some cases).

i believe that although gambling addiction is so much different from other forms of addiction but still there are many similarities between them and in order to give up gambling or staying away from it you can choose the same path that you choose for other forms of addiction to stay away or give them up. the core of the problem is somewhat similar.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
those people who are addect of gambling feel difficult to stay away from gambling. i think if those people engage themselves in some other activities i think then they can stay away from gambling.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
As a person who has overcome several addictions my best advice is to surround yourself with people that also do not want to do the addiction you're trying to avoid.
This can be groups focused on overcoming addiction or it can be online groups discussing overcoming addiction and of course, it really all does boil down to simply agreeing not to do it and not doing it.

Is gambling included to that "several addictions"? I think not. Gambling is something that is common and accepted by the society unless the gambler himself has lost control. Even if you are surrounded by people who had never even held a card, a poker chip, etc., and they see you gambling, they will do nothing. They will just accept the fact that you're gambling. Gambling isn't like doing drugs. If someone sees you doing drugs, they will automatically look down on you and/or report you (in some cases).
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 16
You have to do it by yourself otherwise it can be not possible for you and we can give you only some tips and thats it, you have to do it all by yourself to stay away from gambling.
The only thing that you can do is do other things that you like to do and just realize that gambling is bad to do and it is all wasted money that you have spend on it.

the other things ? gamming ?
WW5
Activity: 8
You have to do it by yourself otherwise it can be not possible for you and we can give you only some tips and thats it, you have to do it all by yourself to stay away from gambling.
The only thing that you can do is do other things that you like to do and just realize that gambling is bad to do and it is all wasted money that you have spend on it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
It's hard to stop gambling if you not seriously want it. I have experienced on it and the only way i escape from gambling is remember my family and my future kid.

I think you can surely stop gambling if you are not really addicted to it, and I think you are not really that addicted to gambling, but an addicted person even if he want's to quit gambling when he see or remember something about gambling he will tempted to try it once more that is really addicted to gambling.

yeah everyone can stop gambling, but it is difficult, not easy and requires several stages.
I advice you need to learn to control yourself, though it is difficult. but it is a really good way to stay away from gambling.

yup! addiction will required a lot of time to recover from it mostly you will count years not months! and with that said every session is very expensive and needs a lot of money for you to continue every session!

That's true, it will really needs a very long time for recovery, it is not an easy thing to stay away from gambling.
But with the help of your family , friends and other individuals that wants to help you for a change.
Well that's for sure it can motivate you to stay away from it.

Yup! having your love ones with out will always gives you support, love and care and I think that this will help most people to recover much fast if they realized what they did in the past they will truly take what the psychiatrist has to say for them to be cured.
Honestly it can not help how about if you have already a wife but you are addicted in gambling.. do you think halving other love one can help you to stay away in gambling.. i think its better to have a vacation in far places so that even an small time you can stay away in gambling..
Activity: 518
Merit: 254
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
It's hard to stop gambling if you not seriously want it. I have experienced on it and the only way i escape from gambling is remember my family and my future kid.

I think you can surely stop gambling if you are not really addicted to it, and I think you are not really that addicted to gambling, but an addicted person even if he want's to quit gambling when he see or remember something about gambling he will tempted to try it once more that is really addicted to gambling.

yeah everyone can stop gambling, but it is difficult, not easy and requires several stages.
I advice you need to learn to control yourself, though it is difficult. but it is a really good way to stay away from gambling.

yup! addiction will required a lot of time to recover from it mostly you will count years not months! and with that said every session is very expensive and needs a lot of money for you to continue every session!

I have met a person who is admittingly a gambling addict. And to tell you the truth i feel in him that he is no different from those who got some serious addiction issues such as narcotics and alcohol. Gambling if already interfering your life is already meant to be quit.

That's true, it will really needs a very long time for recovery, it is not an easy thing to stay away from gambling.
But with the help of your family , friends and other individuals that wants to help you for a change.

Yup! having your love ones with out will always gives you support, love and care and I think that this will help most people to recover much fast if they realized what they did in the past they will truly take what the psychiatrist has to say for them to be cured.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

In order for you to stay a way from gambling, you should first try to limit your self on playing in it.

In all of the things in the world it is not that easy to just leave something instantly, so in gambling you should take it in a step by step way, first limit it's use, limit your betting amount, perform some other activities, play sports, do some trading if ever. and more.

If none of those things work or none of your ways that is in your mind works, then go to your internet service provider, file for disconnection of your internet, then all problem is done. no gambling.
legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603

Well if you are really used to gamble for a long time and you really can't stop your habit of gambling. I would suggest that you need to save your money for your future, just come to think of it that there is no future in gambling and it is better if you are going to save your money for your future.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

legendary

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
The way to stop gambling is to think about the things that could happen if you keep gambling and losing. If you gamble but you often win money then all power to you keep gambling.

Well in thinking about the things gambling can cause you all of the negative things gambling can cause you, I think you will surely think twice in playing it, but at times players think about their buddies that are winning in gambling that is why instead of thinking about the negative things they will think of the good side of gambling that they can achieve in it.
don't too many thinking lol , i confused watching you argue talking about "think" and "things". simple way to stay away and quit gambling are a strong intention then go to psychiatrist (this is good strong intetion want to quit gambling) do what they said disciplined and done!

Well blow me down! I have been to redundant in the word thinking well sorry about that I was too busy doing two things and thinking a lot so I have put so many words like that, well In my Opinion why would you need a psychiatrist when you are totally in control of your bets!
You ahve to realize by yourself that gambling is really bad to do and maybe if you know that you will stop it and that can be nice.
We cant help you but we just can give you some advice and you have to do it all by yourself.

We can totally help each other in this forum that is why this forum was made so all members can participate and make a suggestion with other members so they would know the do's and don't in every thread, and helping someone with their gambling addiction can definitely be more helpful than introducing them in this risky game.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
The way to stop gambling is to think about the things that could happen if you keep gambling and losing. If you gamble but you often win money then all power to you keep gambling.

Well in thinking about the things gambling can cause you all of the negative things gambling can cause you, I think you will surely think twice in playing it, but at times players think about their buddies that are winning in gambling that is why instead of thinking about the negative things they will think of the good side of gambling that they can achieve in it.
don't too many thinking lol , i confused watching you argue talking about "think" and "things". simple way to stay away and quit gambling are a strong intention then go to psychiatrist (this is good strong intetion want to quit gambling) do what they said disciplined and done!

Well blow me down! I have been to redundant in the word thinking well sorry about that I was too busy doing two things and thinking a lot so I have put so many words like that, well In my Opinion why would you need a psychiatrist when you are totally in control of your bets!
You ahve to realize by yourself that gambling is really bad to do and maybe if you know that you will stop it and that can be nice.
We cant help you but we just can give you some advice and you have to do it all by yourself.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
If you are addicted in gambling it will be really hard to stay away from gambling and that is because you think that you can win at least something but actually you are losing more money than you win.
And that is really bad because not everyone is realizing that they are losing that much money with it and that is really bad.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
Bringing to psychiatrist a person that has been addicted to gambling here in our country is not much suggested. He just need to learn how to discipline himself. I agree that it is really hard to stay away from gambling once you've started addicted to it but the door is always widely open to get out.

It has a great effect on a person going to as psychiatrist. Psychiatrist treat people with mental illness. If you go there and people see you, they will think that you have gone lunatic. You should go to a Psychologist to help you cope up with your gambling addiction. With a professional help, support of people around you and a determination get out of gambling, i am sure you can be successful in getting away from it.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1128
Finding different kind of activities maybe help to stay away from gambling. Play music, sport, or do travelling maybe will help you.
Yes, that is the best way to stay away from gambling and if someone is saying that they are playing on gambling for earning money along with fun while playing then I will suggest to them that they should have to start trading and when they are tired they should have play some free games.
Pages:
Jump to: