Pages:
Author

Topic: How to study well English grammar? - page 10. (Read 17279 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2
June 21, 2018, 09:43:26 AM
  The people I know that speak most like a native learned a lot from TV.
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 09:25:35 AM
Reading is the best way. Aside from being enjoyable you are getting familiar on how English works how to use the words and proper tenses. Also, watching English movies is very helpful.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 09:10:32 AM
The best advice I get as a teenager learning English is to read a lot of boring, English books. From the UK, the one written in XX century. And to watch movies you will probably never wanted to watch, to concentrate on dialog not plot.
Activity: 21
June 19, 2018, 11:48:33 AM
Download special students book and make a lot of exercise. More, more and more!
Activity: 98
June 19, 2018, 11:43:21 AM
We should do a lot of taapkj to learn English grammar better
Activity: 25
June 19, 2018, 09:59:18 AM
I would love to grammer check this whole small thread - pretty much EVERY reply has poor grammer (and poor word choice) - which is strange (and funny) given they are poor grammer offering suggestions to better grammer.

I guess I'd insult too many people if I were to correct you all.
Activity: 35
June 19, 2018, 09:48:41 AM
To learn more about english grammar you have to go back to the basic teachings. Read more books or listening to online teachings. While doing this, I advise you to undergo to a tuitorial lessons, its much more better hihi Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 60
June 19, 2018, 09:48:08 AM
One of the fastest ways to learn English is by making English activities as a habit. Make a day where on that day oblige you to use English in communicating.
June 19, 2018, 09:43:14 AM
I also want to improve my grammar in English, for this I read books (which I have already read in another language), watch movies and cartoons, really like Rick and Morty cartoon, simple phrases for memorizing

Have you intentionally chosen the American English approach ?
Activity: 145
June 19, 2018, 09:38:57 AM
I also want to improve my grammar in English, for this I read books (which I have already read in another language), watch movies and cartoons, really like Rick and Morty cartoon, simple phrases for memorizing
June 19, 2018, 09:21:02 AM
Another suggestion would be to download audio books and listen to them under your pillow at night.

Most software on your phone will have a player stop timer, so you don't wake up with the book still playing.

You will go to sleep learning and have time to process the information over night.
Activity: 126
June 19, 2018, 07:37:13 AM
Try to be patient and you will succeed
Activity: 266
June 19, 2018, 07:22:29 AM
How to study well English grammar?
My advice is to learn English grammar through books. You should read children's books and English books. If not, then you should buy bilingual funny books to read both entertainment and remember the grammar structure used inside. From there, learn, take notes to apply when needed.
And, what is your advice?

for beginners i think it is not yet applicable for you to read funny or entertainment books, it needs a deeper understanding of the phrases being delivered for you to understand the content. i highly recommend books for kids, news, story books etc.
Activity: 28
June 19, 2018, 07:00:03 AM
I think book is better option for learn english
Activity: 23
June 19, 2018, 06:22:39 AM
I tried reading English news and books, but still I'm not very proud of my English. Mayby I just don't have tanet for languages? I think good idea could be also writing with someone who knows English as native language and can help you to improve your skills.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
June 19, 2018, 06:02:36 AM
One way to improve your English speaking skills is to speak it whenever you can. Reading books aloud that are in English, or watching movies and/or TV shows also help with understanding the meanings of words and phrases. It also wouldn't hurt to learn about at least the basic rules of the language (grammar and composition).
June 18, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
As a native English speaker, the title of this thread is actually very poor grammer and immediately indicates the composer as non native speaker.

Well can mean good, but it isn't an ideal choice of word.

It should be: How to study English grammar well?

Better still would be: How to study English grammar correctly? (or properly, successfully, syntactically).

One poster here starts "To learn well English grammer..." and they have clearly taken the incorrect thread title grammer and used it to construct their own sentence.

A tip is not to assume something is correct, but check is it correct? Ask are you parroting poor grammer.

Again, as a native English speaker, I see people getting "then" and "than" wrong all the time. Getting the two right is probably going to be very difficult given it's hugely incorrect use online. I have no doubt many native English speakers do not know how to correctly use them.

People say something like "Coke is better then Pepsi" or "John has more Bitcoin then Paul", when it's a comparison and should be "than".  You see this constantly wrong and a global example of wrong use being adopted as correct.

So my pro tip is: don't assume what someone else writes is correct, even if it's the title of an English grammer thread.

Actually reading back over this thread it is very funny - all the bad grammer offering their suggestions.
Activity: 171
June 18, 2018, 11:34:38 PM
You can learn English grammar in two manifold ways :firstly, make sure you stay with people who speak the language fluently and correctly and be listen to the way the speak it. Secondly, buy children's novels that have simple correct English and be reading it
Activity: 70
June 18, 2018, 10:47:13 PM
How to study well English grammar?
My advice is to learn English grammar through books. You should read children's books and English books. If not, then you should buy bilingual funny books to read both entertainment and remember the grammar structure used inside. From there, learn, take notes to apply when needed.
And, what is your advice?

I agree with this. Learning through reading books and novels are a good way to pick up good English in regards to grammar. I also suggest regularly using the knowledge learned thru this.  This improves muscle memory by making you get used to actually using the language. In the long run, you slowly become comfortable and can easily carry a conversation. Additionally, the "reading + using" technique will also improve comprehension.
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
June 18, 2018, 09:10:28 PM
 You can learn Grammar from News Channels, News Papers
Pages:
Jump to: