Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote? - page 2. (Read 94792 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Man I wish someone would just come up with a simple program that compiles all of the designs, allows users to submit designs (which should be approved first-just to make sure they're not like the Ron Paul/Eagle bill at the beginning of this thread lol) and, like bitaddress, generates a keypair and puts it on the bills as QR codes in the load and redeem fields. There are so many good designs, its something the whole community could benefit from. If I could afford it, I'd offer a reward/bounty for something like this.
Something as simple as a wiki page listing all good designs could be done, in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Man I wish someone would just come up with a simple program that compiles all of the designs, allows users to submit designs (which should be approved first-just to make sure they're not like the Ron Paul/Eagle bill at the beginning of this thread lol) and, like bitaddress, generates a keypair and puts it on the bills as QR codes in the load and redeem fields. There are so many good designs, its something the whole community could benefit from. If I could afford it, I'd offer a reward/bounty for something like this.
Activity: 261
Merit: 285

Thanks! I released that video today, and there's a dedicated thread soliciting merits / problems with this design:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-official-bitcoinpaperwalletcom-thread-updates-and-news-169836

I think the folding/tamper security features are fairly important for a paper currency/wallet since without it people can essentially steal your funds by taking a photograph of your bills. Means you could never show off your beautiful currency to someone wearing Google Glasses for example. Smiley

Here's the front and back side (prior to folding, with an alternative big-ol bitcoin logo on the front)

Here's what it looks like when folded (including a typo on the reverse, oops!)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
This looks interesting.
https://rbitco.in/Print

The colouring of this looks good. The pink and the gold with the underlying patterns. Gives it a professional "financial" look which is important.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I think "Destroy this after you use it" is reckless advice to put on a paper wallet.

Destroy it why?  So you won't have access to any future incoming funds that arrive at the same address for whatever reason?  That doesn't sound like a good idea.  The private key isn't useful to any finder if there are no funds on it, so destroying it serves no useful purpose.

The likely intended advice is to "Avoid reuse after redemption for maximum security"
Activity: 743
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Not sure why it would have symbols for other currencies present on the design.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
This looks interesting.

QR Codes need to have a white border around the finder patterns.
This looks interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
I am not into graphics, but I think it would be cool a note with this image, especially if you can substitute the gold coins with bitcoins (and why not, even alt.coins):

legendary
I always wanted to pay the bread with some coin with Kropotkin on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conquest_of_Bread) instead of a corrupt king.

Kropotkin would've loved Bitcoin. Beautiful note.

"Anarchism, the name given to a principle or theory of life and conduct under which society is conceived without government — harmony in such a society being obtained, not by submission to law, or by obedience to any authority, but by free agreements concluded between the various groups, territorial and professional, freely constituted for the sake of production and consumption, as also for the satisfaction of the infinite variety of needs and aspirations of a civilized being."

-Kropotkin

I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. I'm blown away by the quality people are putting out. Would there be an interest in a website that collected freely available Bitcoin note designs for download?

Someone should definitely set one up with all of the designs, and a tool to generate bills like printcoins.com uses w/bitaddress.org
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I always wanted to pay the bread with some coin with Kropotkin on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conquest_of_Bread) instead of a corrupt king.

Kropotkin would've loved Bitcoin. Beautiful note.

"Anarchism, the name given to a principle or theory of life and conduct under which society is conceived without government — harmony in such a society being obtained, not by submission to law, or by obedience to any authority, but by free agreements concluded between the various groups, territorial and professional, freely constituted for the sake of production and consumption, as also for the satisfaction of the infinite variety of needs and aspirations of a civilized being."

-Kropotkin

I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. I'm blown away by the quality people are putting out. Would there be an interest in a website that collected freely available Bitcoin note designs for download?
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I actually think the Atlas Shrugged image would have been, and still is, an excellent idea for a Bitcoin note.  I'd love to see some refined work incorporating that image.
legendary
Also just for fun:

legendary
Man, I'm second-guessing myself after seeing some of these designs. They're literally professional-that is, I could easily see them being real money!
Anyways, I've always liked to store my coins on paper, so I have fun coming up with designs to use. Like I said, I'm humbled by some of the ones that I see, but I would like to submit one anyway.
I'm kind of surprised at the lack of mention of "Atlas Shrugged" in bitcoin circles. Its my favorite book, and one I believe that will achieve/save pure capitalism. So, that's what this bill is about and that's why I'm posting it.
There are obviously spots for address and key. The vertical white space is for vertical text of the address. You could also do the same on the other side of the picture, and therefore have a spot to put both address and key-up to you.
Anyone who wants can use this in any way they want. By the way, it was designed to have the dimensions of a real US dollar bill. That is, it should be used as 6.1 inches long x 2.6 inches high.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
@Designers: Please leave some space on the borders so the notes can be easily cut without hurting the design.

btw: looking good
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Yay! It's about time Santa made it on a banknote.
Pages:
Jump to: