Pages:
Author

Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote? - page 4. (Read 94764 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
If this was a childhood picture of Marie Curie or somebody famous, it would be a different story.  And I suppose it would make sense if it's a single instance printed with a picture of the recipient, rather than published to the internet at large.

What does a school-age girl have to do with money known for excellent privacy and anonymity?  Oh yeah, that's right, it's the perfect kind of money to be used to exploit young girls.  It has little to do with speaking English, and there's not much else to connect on.  I don't need to be a pedophile, nor think of any sort of child abuse, to imagine how this could be taken or spun the wrong way... any more than I need to be Muslim to understand how putting a picture of Muhammad on a bitcoin banknote would also be a bad idea.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
You can put a picture of whoever you want in the image yourself (with the source files). Since my niece is a little girl, I put a photo of a little girl Smiley
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
maybe I mixed things up a little. a week ago or so I gave Tor a try. I looked at some directory and next to drugs there was also lots of pedophile entries. We do not want Bitcoin to go into that direction. The banknote up there gives me the creeps. The alpaca is 1000x better.

What you say makes no sense to me.

ETA: AFAICT, the pedophile scare is an anglophone-specific thing, and IMHO extremely weird. To me, refraining from putting an innocent girl's image on a piece of paper sounds like admitting that the child's image is arousing somehow. I get stomach cramps just trying to empathize with the perspective. Clash of civilizations I guess...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
did you ever take a look at what is happening with Bitcoin in the tor darknet?

a little girl is really NOT what we want on a Bitcoin banknote.
What do you mean?

maybe I mixed things up a little. a week ago or so I gave Tor a try. I looked at some directory and next to drugs there was also lots of pedophile entries. We do not want Bitcoin to go into that direction. The banknote up there gives me the creeps. The alpaca is 1000x better.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

What do you mean?
legendary
Awesome!  Grin

Sorry, didn't realize it would show up so large on the forum post, let me try again:

[edit: image link removed; more above]

legendary

what link would go into the verify code?

the alpaca is awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
u can edit the other post too Smiley
legendary
Sorry, didn't realize it would show up so large on the forum post, let me try again:

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Hey everyone. I made a Bitcoin paper certificate for my niece last week. What do you guys think? This is a low resolution version. I'd be happy to upload the source file if people were interested. [note: I took out the photo of my niece and replaced it with a stock photo of an almost as pretty girl, and of course the private key is a dummy]

---snip---
2000x1104 is low res? OK!
legendary
Hey everyone. I made a Bitcoin paper certificate for my niece last week. What do you guys think? This is a low resolution version. I'd be happy to upload the source file if people were interested. [note: I took out the photo of my niece and replaced it with a stock photo of an almost as pretty girl, and of course the private key is a dummy]

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
Denomination colors

I created a color scheme mostly based on poker chip denominations here:
 http://printcoins.com/colors

Feel free to use it if you would like to follow the same standard.

In order to avoid problems in the future due to the huge range of values, I suggest that you use a scheme where the denomination is represented by a combination of two colors instead of a single color.
Activity: 533
Merit: 501
Denomination colors

I created a color scheme mostly based on poker chip denominations here:
 http://printcoins.com/colors

Feel free to use it if you would like to follow the same standard.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
I just came across this thread, after having come up with a "bitcoin certificate" design a couple of days ago.

I've been silkscreening this 4-color design on thick 100% cotton art paper, with the intent of selling them; they look and feel REALLY nice, and being printed by hand makes them extra special.

If there's interest, I'd be happy to donate the original vector files to the community, for those who don't wish to splurge on the real deal. The two QR code areas are both designed to fit a 1x1" code, but this can be adjusted if necessary.

Pictures are here: http://imgur.com/a/YeUQ4

Cheers!
Those are fantastic looking!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
I just came across this thread, after having come up with a "bitcoin certificate" design a couple of days ago.

I've been silkscreening this 4-color design on thick 100% cotton art paper, with the intent of selling them; they look and feel REALLY nice, and being printed by hand makes them extra special.

If there's interest, I'd be happy to donate the original vector files to the community, for those who don't wish to splurge on the real deal. The two QR code areas are both designed to fit a 1x1" code, but this can be adjusted if necessary.

Pictures are here: http://imgur.com/a/YeUQ4

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 896
I enjoyed looking through this thread and seeing all the different designs. I really liked the first blue ones.
Sales pitch: I can make you 10 Custom Bills on 100% Cotton or Plastic Paper w/Security Hologram for .25 BTC.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

payments for genius art can be directed to: 1RXWrxw3JBVv4AKy9UGSrXnQefwzWJUmM

hahahahaha i love it!
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I would definitely like it if there could be a central printer of these (without QR codes) so they all had identical appearance and, most importantly, dimensions.

These flip in your hands much nicer when they are all precision cut to the exact same size, just like real money.  I have the laser cutter machine and can cut these to a precise size, but it's also slow and leaves random burn marks on some of them.  It would be nice if a printer could print a few hundred thousand of these and then you could just stick a stack in your own printer to add the QR codes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Love the Sheeple ! Smiley

It's an alpaca, of course!
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Love the Sheeple ! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: