Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ħ] ►HYPER v2.0►Game Currency ►Space MMO►Game Servers ►Community Driven►AD ASTRA - page 67. (Read 79096 times)

legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052
@HYPER Community, I received the following private message from a user here on the forum who is claiming to have sent a transaction to the swap address that was snatched by someone else. This is highly unlikely due to the circumstances and time frame of that transaction being sent and the swap form being submitted with the transaction. It was submitted in less than 3 minutes from the time of the transaction.

Below is the PM I received and my response,

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins. I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used. Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges. The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed. I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me. I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap. If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question. I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution. I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

The swap transaction was inserted in less than 3 minutes of the coins being sent. The odds of someone watching the blockchain and just happening to see that transaction and submit it that fast is very slim. It often takes 1-2 minutes for a transaction to even confirm, some have taken hours, and show up so this narrows the time frame down even more making it less likely than it is already.

So are you saying that it can't happen or that it didn't happen? I am telling you right now that it did happen. My coins were claimed by someone else. As soon as the swap site said that the txid had already been used I tried it again in case I entered something wrong and got the same response. Then I went to the block explorer and saw the transaction there on the front page. So the info was available.

I have a decent amount invested in this coin and planned on making a contribution to the dev fund as a thank you after making the swap, but my first experience with this swap makes me worry about the security of the transition. I was hoping for a real response to my concerns, not "I doubt that happened."
Hey, calm down and don't panic. The world is not gonna end for this, let's say little issue.
Once the problem has been identified, maybe CryptoDatabase can fix it adding other security measures as for example request a signed message for the original address made with the very wallet.
Dev fund could also be used to reimburse this transaction. I don't know, but always there are more than one solution.

The first step has been made. Now we know that maybe there is a little gap.
Activity: 537
Merit: 251
Everything works! I have a little exchanged!!! Everything is great!!
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
@HYPER Community, I received the following private message from a user here on the forum who is claiming to have sent a transaction to the swap address that was snatched by someone else. This is highly unlikely due to the circumstances and time frame of that transaction being sent and the swap form being submitted with the transaction. It was submitted in less than 3 minutes from the time of the transaction.

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins.  I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used.  Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges.  The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed.  I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me.  I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap.  If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question.  I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution.  I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

The swap transaction was inserted in less than 3 minutes of the coins being sent. The odds of someone watching the blockchain and just happening to see that transaction and submit it that fast is very slim. It often takes 1-2 minutes for a transaction to even confirm, some have taken hours, and show up so this narrows the time frame down even more making it less likely than it is already.

So are you saying that it can't happen or that it didn't happen?  I am telling you right now that it did happen.  My coins were claimed by someone else.  As soon as the swap site said that the txid had already been used I tried it again in case I entered something wrong and got the same response.  Then I went to the block explorer and saw the transaction there on the front page.  So the info was available.

I have a decent amount invested in this coin and planned on making a contribution to the dev fund as a thank you after making the swap, but my first experience with this swap makes me worry about the security of the transition. I was hoping for a real response to my concerns, not "I doubt that happened."
Activity: 109
Merit: 13
Is there another method of exchange (swap)? There is a hole for theft.
Activity: 537
Merit: 251
Dear, CryptoDatabase! It is necessary to think... I consider that it is necessary to make double confirmation of the new address of a conclusion in 30 minutes. If he isn't identical, then you shouldn't do exchange! My exchange has taken place well, but I was afraid that it can occur. The person, probably, doesn't deceive you. It is your fault and you have to return him means.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net

I think someone might be watching the old hyper explorer waiting for big transactions and making a claim for the coins.  I just tried to make a swap 3 minutes after I sent 20500 hyper to the swap address and when I entered the txid it said that it had already been used.  Sure enough that exact amount was in the pending exchanges and now has moved to the confirmed exchanges.  The new hyper was sent to address that is definitely not mine.

This is not my total amount but this needs to be addressed.  I can send a signed message from the same address that sent the original 20500 to prove that it was me.  I do not feel safe sending any more coin to do this swap.  If anyone can just watch the explorer and jump on the transactions this whole swap gets called into question.  I wanted to alert you to what is going on and see if you have any solution.  I will hold off posting this in the new thread for now but people need to know that this isn't a safe swap if anyone can just claim coins by watching the explorer.

Hello,

Activity: 103
A good staking rate is one of the things that attracted me to this coin. 5% a year I can get from a term deposit or a fiat bank.

Going from a lower rate to a higher one after three years doesn't make much sense either. Personally, Id prefer that we had it back to its original design.

Just my opinion.
legendary
What do you guys think about just keeping it at its current settings of 5%/year for 3 years, 10%/year for 5 years, 2%/year thereafter or would you guys prefer the 5%/month for 3 years?
legendary
Before you guys start pushing for exchanges, I would check that the new wallet is staking as specified.
I dont think it is, Its at 5% per year, not per month.

The last thing you want is for exchanges to add and then have to do it all over again.

How did you come to this conclusion? I don't believe the wallet has been around long enough to determine an accurate stake rate.

Edit, looks like this is right, code shows 5%/year. I will contact them and have it fixed.

Edit 2, "alright I'll take care of it and keep you posted"
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Before you guys start pushing for exchanges, I would check that the new wallet is staking as specified.
I dont think it is, Its at 5% per year, not per month.

The last thing you want is for exchanges to add and then have to do it all over again.
legendary
Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002
I nearly swapped all my old HYPER into the new wallet!
A few coins left, but i was mad about the old wallet... freezes and crashs... so i have to swap the rest today, hopefully. Cheesy

The new wallet is awesome so far! Sure it's simple, but FAST!  Smiley

I know how u feel, its really pain the ass that old wallet, today even happened that when i had started it, it went rescaning the whole blockchain, and that took extra time for wallet to start. But i want to, doing swap for other and try to keep old blockchain up to date...as long it will be possible.
Yeah it was a real pain yesterday... just a few more HYPER and i can forget that old wallet. Grin
Thank you also for your hard work crazyjack!!  Smiley

If you like, you can come to thecryptochat.net from to time for some off-the-record chat with me, CryptoDatabase and some other users. Eh, don't thank me, today we are here, doing what we can, what will happen tomorrow, no one knows.

ps: please vote for HYPER to be listed on poswallet.com (https://poswallet.com/addcoin.php)
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
A few coins left, but i was mad about the old wallet... freezes and crashs... so i have to swap the rest today, hopefully. Cheesy

The new wallet is awesome so far! Sure it's simple, but FAST!  Smiley

I know how u feel, its really pain the ass that old wallet, today even happened that when i had started it, it went rescaning the whole blockchain, and that took extra time for wallet to start. But i want to, doing swap for other and try to keep old blockchain up to date...as long it will be possible.
Yeah it was a real pain yesterday... just a few more HYPER and i can forget that old wallet. Grin
Thank you also for your hard work crazyjack!!  Smiley

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158
legendary
The mac wallet has been completed and is available for download at http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper/wallets.php

That was fast, anyone tried it? I believe this will come useful for many existing in current users.

Anyway, I was looking at HYPER rich list today, expanded it all the way to see at least 500 addresses and realized that some of them haven’t been active for quite some time now.

And it came to my mind that I wanted to know how many addresses are still »active« and how many HYPER they hold, one thing led to another and consequently came up with this funny table.

Ok, i know i should have eliminated some addresses, like swap address or addresses from HYPERfuture, etc., but this was made just for fun.
legendary
The mac wallet has been completed and is available for download at http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper/wallets.php
Activity: 65
Thanks for the update and thanks for creating a Mac wallet. Looking forward to it!
Pages:
Jump to: