Pages:
Author

Topic: I admit to being a scammer, and having multiple accounts. - page 3. (Read 7700 times)

donator
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Happy New Year!
The accounts I listed are the only ones I have used. I'm sorry for what I did and people were saying skyliner was a scammer so when I got scared I tried to pretend it was him at first. I'm embarrassed that this is all coming out like this but I know I needed this to wake me up. I'm not going to give any excuses and I will take the punishment I deserve. I really don't want to go this way and I don't know why I did it in the first place.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
theymos, what will be the consequences if he doesn't pay back?

I will release his IP addresses and other account information if he disappears without paying everyone back.

People familiar with his scams should notify those people who have been scammed.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
I'm rooting for Jake.  I think he'll do the right thing.

I'd too hate to see him OD on the smack he bought with coins he stole from an honest man....cuz karma is a bitch like that.
+1
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
You being egcellent means you owe me 3.5 btc for that copy of AC3 you never delivered. If you are going to repay, then great. Otherwise I will file a police report and come after you.
Activity: 98
theymos, what will be the consequences if he doesn't pay back?

It's very unlikely that everyone who was scammed by him will claim back their money, just because they don't know about this thread. Some people he did scam may have been total Newbies and because their first experience with Bitcoin was fraud, they may already have left the Bitcoin community. He still will make profit out of his scams and will get away with it? :-/
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Would you mind if i ask what was the nature of the scam?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm rooting for Jake.  I think he'll do the right thing.

I'd too hate to see him OD on the smack he bought with coins he stole from an honest man....cuz karma is a bitch like that.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
I actually plan to leave after I pay back everybody. This forum is lame tbh.

It's lame to work hard to make an honest buck, isn't it?  Quit projecting.  Stick with the humility you almost showed at the beginning of this thread.

Edit:  Hastily posted, but this back-and-forth between shamelessness and humility makes me think you have other problems than scamming.  Bite back if you will.  You're still doing the right thing (right now).
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Jake, I guess asking forgiveness opens you up to more extreme scamming in the future.

Good move, I bet alot of people will fall for this trap.
donator
Happy New Year!
I've listed every single account I know of.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Although it won't likely help you to rebuild trust any time soon, I would suggest that you list your other accounts as well. You only listed some of them. Even though theymos may not have connected the other accounts to you, do you really want to take the chance that someone else hasn't connected them to you either?
Activity: 84
donator
Happy New Year!
I just wanted to admit that yes, I would have kept going if Theymos didn't message me, or didn't rack up a ton of evidence.
donator
Happy New Year!
I wouldn't have continued even if my information was found. I knew this would come to an end, I expected this. I was going already slowing down, and stopping. Something ticked me, and told me to stop, and do something that won't screw yourself.
Activity: 154
This forum (and its moderators) are not keen on forgiveness, overlooking shortcomings, etc due to the high volume of air heads and con-artists flocking in daily (would you be surprised to know that at least 50 users here are just here to cause trouble for shits and giggles from another forum?). It is fundamental to the topic this forum was created to handle. If this was a sewing/knitting forum, you might have a friendly response.

This is a forum full of hard-nosed economists, engineers, and self-proclaimed elitists in various fields, effectively making it an 'old guy' forum and lacking in some much needed humor and light conversation. Given the lack of places Bitcoin can be discussed intelligently, it is no wonder the aggressive and elitist attitudes given towards average-joe users here. It makes sense if you really think about it. And with the level of intelligence in this forum, it operates reminiscent to a university in that you get by farther by learning how to be apologetic for your ignorance, talking less, and presenting educated and cited points of views rather than just opinions.

As for your recent transgressions, to quote a friend "the internet loves a comeback". I for one credit you for not deleting your account and running away. This proves only that you are fearful of consequences, and as such, have a conscience. Anyone who has a conscience should have a chance to redeem themselves. I would recommend however, that you not get emotional about anything said against you-- ever. It will only be taken as a sign of ignorance and more gorillas will come to lay into you, much for reasons no longer relative to the original transgression.
Well said
donator
Happy New Year!
@ Mathew

Thank you for that response. I appreciate it a lot, you seem like a great guy.
donator
Happy New Year!
Just apologizing for the 2 posts above. I might stay, this forum isn't THAT lame or else I would have ditched already  Cheesy

You kind of stormed me up, when I'm just trying to change. Least you can do is support me a bit.
donator
Happy New Year!
Also no, I don't think I will have a sudden trust. I don't care if people trust me ever again, just the fact that paying people back is better imho. So your saying if you scammed, you wouldn't return people's money? You seem like the big loser here.

Asshole. I'm trying to do something good here, go trash somebody else's thread.
donator
Happy New Year!
I actually plan to leave after I pay back everybody. This forum is lame tbh.
Pages:
Jump to: