Pages:
Author

Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto - page 11. (Read 5055 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

So many other people have made this similar mistake. They often ignore their employer's job during working hours and focus on cryptocurrency activities especially airdrops and bounty tasks. This is bad because apart from the risk of your possibly loosing your job, you are also cheating your employer.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
It is not bad idea to love cryptocurrency because it is not an uncertainty. If you have a job and wish to combine cryptocurrency with your job, you should be able to plan your time in such a way that cryptocurrency will not affect your performance at work. We have so many people doing both and are still doing very well.
Activity: 138
Merit: 0
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

do not sacrifice your main job with bitcoin, the work here cannot be expected at all, and income is very uncertain. we must be able to divide time well. and I suggest to prioritize your work in the real world, bitcoin work is only a side.
Activity: 167
of course you must make your job for the priority, because working on crypto can be done along free time
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Having a regular job except crypto is better but we need to manage time so you have both that will help you to earn more. For those who have regular job and work in crypto , it may be a lesson for them to take care both  jobs as long as they  can manage their time.
copper member
Activity: 205
Merit: 2
Thanks for sharing this. Crypto is very attractive and there are moments where you can easily loose yourself in it. But this is a good reminder of the real life. And I'm very happy that you still have your job! Well done!
Activity: 107

I have never experienced anything like you, but I can imagine the feeling of worry you feel. especially if the job is a job that gives you life, because I know the income generated from crypto is not routine we get every month.
You have to be grateful for being given a second chance, and you have to be more careful, don't let your work be ignored.
Activity: 378

Im so impressed that you have a really good job and for sure you are earning a good amount of money with your job so your decision to focus on your regular job is a good decision and i like your advice that people should not focus on crypto because in crypto we can not earn a stable income.
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
No worries if you lost your rock solid regular job because of crypto because working here in crypto can give you more profits and benefits so that's why you need to work harder so you will get this things. Don't be sad if it is will truly happens because everythings happens for a reason.
Activity: 644
so far I can make the best use of my time, so that my work in the real world and in the crypto world can go hand in hand without disturbing each other, here I always try hard so that both jobs can run smoothly because I have to admit that I am very comfortable doing both jobs this simultaneously
Activity: 86
I can understand what you feel. Actually, this is really near to my situation.
I really hate my job and I want to quit it, but crypto can't bring me the income I need monthly.
Maybe after a huge bullrun... maybe...
Activity: 140
I have a reverse view where if I have to focus on something, then I have to concentrate fully, I have learned many things before actually resigning from my main job

indeed, fluctuations and trends that do not meet expectations can occur at any time, but we must be sensitive and take other methods to stay profitable, to be a professional takes a lot of time with the various experiences that must be passed.
Activity: 205
I think that crypto market should be an additional source of income, if you spend all the time there you will lose your main job and face problems if the crypto falls down. Don't do this and take the reasonable decision
Activity: 208

OP it's a good thing that it was only an "almost" and not totally. Having a job that you can positively have the benefit of freedom from all the financial worries or hardship, life has to bring is most certainly a blessing. Not all can be given that right set of circumstances. You were undoubtedly "lucky" to wake up to reality soon enough. Although, from time to time we can earn huge in cryptocurrency, that does not change the fact that cryptocurrencies were extremely volatile and completely unpredictable. Let us all be intelligent enough to know the difference of steady from occassionally.

Activity: 215

I've been working as a Hypermarket Produce section manager for 13 years and today is my last working day as that.  Yes, I left my rock solid job but not just because of cryptocurrencies.  Business is doing good back home in my country and my wife needs me to help her manage it.  We also got some pretty good amount of cash being rolled out in a lending cooperative.  Then this cryptocurrency thing that I am in since last year.  I am earning good with my job as a manager but I just do not know why I really left it.  Probably because of that 13 years away from my family and in my country, not literally 13 years away for I am having my vacation annually.  Still I thought 13 years is enough working abroad and might be the right time to do it in the expense of being in my home land now.  I know there is possibility of not getting the same income as better from the job I have left but failure is not an option right now for me for achieving the same or even higher from venturing to other fields.  Just wish me good luck!
Activity: 630
When market conditions are skyrocketing like last year many people think that cryptocurrencies are the best opportunity to get rich, even they are many who leave work for crypto so that when the market drop they are regrett.

And when they realized that the market could continue its fall, they made up the minds to return to the stable work. Some people had to find other kinds of jobs but the market lost investors. It is better to combine work and trading.
Activity: 9
In my opinion, we need to know the right time to avoid being influenced by each other, cryptography is only a side that we can do after the end of our lives and do not worry too much.
Activity: 493

I have never experienced anything like that. I also work and crypto is my side job. if we do two things crypto and professional work then we must be smart in managing time. we can work on the crypto project after returning from the office. we can use the time to watch movies to work on crypto. and when in the office we don't need to think about crypto we have to focus on our work.
Activity: 235
Merit: 1
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
So far I haven't experience this bit I am. planning to give up my work and focus on the bitcoin forum.I also hear from other people that they just stay at home yet they are earning in bitcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com

I also experienced difficulties with combining my regular job and crypto when I first got into this market.
Thanks god I am self-employed and do not depend on a "boss", so I can easily adjust the amount of time that needs to be spend on a certain working activity.
Pages:
Jump to: