Pages:
Author

Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto - page 14. (Read 5055 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

You are pretty lucky your boss give you another chance, i have friends that getting fire because his boss finding another good candidate to replace him. Good for me then who still a college student have much time to learn crypto.
Activity: 540
Merit: 100
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

It is better idea if you will just focus on your full time job. You almost lost your full time job because you can't focus well due to cryptocurrency trading. You can become more productive if you will focus on your full time job. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 103

The reason why you can handle both your job and being cryptocurrency trader is because you have lack of time management. You do not have a good plan where you can easily do your job and being a trader properly.
Activity: 148
Merit: 0
I think we should balance two jobs. We should not focus too much on a job because you can lose it and you do not have a backup plan. This is very risky because you do not have the financial resources to sustain life.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
You have to be grateful for surviving the disaster, this year's crypto price is negative so when you are still focused on working you can save you and your family, too risky if you focus on crypto because everything is hard to guess.
Activity: 1050

.You are right regarding prioritizing but in the same time i have a friend who left his job for crypto. No boss, no terms and no personal interest. You are your own boss.

It seems promising if the focus is on crypto, but I have not dared to make big decisions to leave my formal job, I'm worried that if the market keeps dropping like now it will make me regret and lose income, with a formal job so I can meet my family and my needs so that I will making crypto as an additional income.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

.You are right regarding prioritizing but in the same time i have a friend who left his job for crypto. No boss, no terms and no personal interest. You are your own boss.
Activity: 448
I think the reason for this is quite trite, you just could not properly allocate your time and I was about the same but I found a solution that just allocated the priorities
Activity: 126
Merit: 0

It is very regrettable if for example you really lost your old job, you must be able to divide your time to work in the real world and bitcoin.
are you a trader? You can monitor the market via your smartphone.
I think it's an easy job
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
This is not worth doing. The main work should be to ensure that it can bring a constant income. As we see, this year the crypto-currency market fell after bitcoin and throughout the year almost all of the currency is without movement. There is practically no income. Therefore, the crypto currency should be as a hobby, bringing in additional income and no more.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

Almost? You don't need to go head in into this. You could have started just reading during your free time first before you started investing some time into it.

It was a close call so maybe next time only do it during your free time. Maybe during your break or on commute. For trading for example, you don't have to stay glued to it all day.
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
I really agree with you, make cryptocurrency a side.

There is a sad story that happened to my work relatives, he was a reliable trader in crypto and forex.

He left the world of forex, the world of real work, and focused on working on the crypto world.

What do you get now? The results of all his hard work "all that remains is wishful thinking".
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

for me cryptocurrency is to find extra money, not for my permanent job. because crypto has a high level of risk.

It was true that cryptocurrency has a high level of risk but it was very profitable and that is also the reason why you should invest just a good amount and always have a back up in order to get something when crypto market fails.
high risk high gain,so do with cryptocurrency it contains very high risk we do not understand.but if we know how to be good trader, maybe it is not.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
normal jobs are for losers, if oyu want to be wealthy you need to be an entrepeneur or an investor, thats the way the game goes, look at the richest people of the world.

What do you mean by normal jobs? Bro, you are wrong. If a person has a desire and a goal, he can continue to work and he can also trade and earn additional money on this activity.
Activity: 350

for me cryptocurrency is to find extra money, not for my permanent job. because crypto has a high level of risk.

It was true that cryptocurrency has a high level of risk but it was very profitable and that is also the reason why you should invest just a good amount and always have a back up in order to get something when crypto market fails.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106

Never ever quit your job just because you want to focus on crypto alone. Try to look forward and see what it might bring to you in the future. You cannot always say that you will earn large profits here in crypto that's why having a job is considered important by many so that they have something to rely on if ever they fail here in crypto.
we need to learn all about bitcoin and crypto.dont just looking at unstable price for bitcoin and altcoin.more of that there are more important thing that we should to know.especially bitcoin developtment and its supply.and also learn about bitcoin price history year by year.
Activity: 315
Merit: 15

Never ever quit your job just because you want to focus on crypto alone. Try to look forward and see what it might bring to you in the future. You cannot always say that you will earn large profits here in crypto that's why having a job is considered important by many so that they have something to rely on if ever they fail here in crypto.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Activity: 384

Entering crypto does not guarantee you that you'll have a wealthy life all of a sudden. The risks here are intense knowing that you are going to be staking large amount of money for your investments so the impact will be really hard if ever you fail here. It is a wrong move to leave your job and rely on crypto alone, it will still be better if you have a regular job while doing crypto.

Cryptocurrency need more time to grow and give us big profits. I am always believe holding cryptocurrency is like holding stocks and need patient to be profitable investment. We should keep our main job and invest on crypto for long term

It was probably a year ago, everyone was optimistic about the future of Crypto, but unfortunately the haters continued to campaign negatively about bitcoin so it made bitcoin dumped more than 60% compared to January prices, but I was always convinced that there was always an opportunity to profit with bitcoin so buying was good thing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
Well you should not let crypto hinder or affect your job performance as your job is definitely more important. Crypto is good as additional source of income and you can use your free time do trade or doing other crypto stuff but you should focus on your job then it's work hour. There's also a guy that got fired here because apparently he checks his stock price a lot that he missed the deadline.
Pages:
Jump to: