Pages:
Author

Topic: I am fucking panicking - page 11. (Read 15803 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 03, 2013, 05:13:22 PM
I am seriously considering getting out of this game. Give some strength bros!

EDIT: I sold some of my Bitcoins but I will still hold fairly good amount of BTC for the longest time.

If you are asking this, it is my opinion that you are in bitcoin for the wrong reasons.

Do you have capital that you can't afford to lose? If so, get out while you can.

I have never invested more than I could afford to lose.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
July 03, 2013, 05:10:58 PM
Says man with blue d-bag as an avatar (literally).

Speaking of avatars: Michael Douglas? Seriously? Are you gay?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 03, 2013, 05:09:03 PM
Here's what I did:

Oct 2012: Bought 100 BTC @ ~$12 ($1200)

April 2013: Kicked self for not selling any at $200 - decided I'm in for the long run

Two days ago: Sold 30 @ $93 ($2700)

I doubled my money and now I'm holding my remaining 70 BTC until the end of time, because I don't have any risk at this point.  You may want to sell enough to get your initial money back -- it really made me feel a lot better Smiley

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
July 03, 2013, 05:06:36 PM

EDIT: I sold some of my Bitcoins but I will still hold fairly good amount of BTC for the longest time.

Name:                Gordonium
Date Registered:  March 30, 2013, 04:51:14 PM
Motto:               Greed is Good

Wow, you must be some cool Wall Street dude ... or some 14 year old that found out to late about the newest Ponzi scheme ...  Grin

Says man with blue d-bag as an avatar (literally).
Activity: 392
July 03, 2013, 05:05:52 PM
[...]

Buy low, sell high, why is that so complicated?  Emotion is a mutha fucker and will destroy your profits, don't be driven by it.  Focus on the tangible not your feelings.

Yeah because it is always wise to grap the falling knife... (I don't believe that Bitcoin is falling knife, just speaking in general.)

That's not what "buy low, sell high" means. In fact, the two are incompatible. If done right, buy low is precisely not catching a falling knife, but picking it up from the floor.

Well, it's all just metaphors anyway.

What I really don't get is the "I'll hold, no matter what" stance a lot of people seem to take. Ultimately, it probably runs down to the difference between investors and speculators. The former believe in the product itself, and would somehow consider it treason to sell their entire position, the latter are agnostic about the product itself, and just try to make a profit.

I strongly suggest to break down this distinction in your mind.

Even if you believe in a bright future for bitcoin, i.e. you have reasons to be an "investor", there is absolutely nothing wrong with going short now, to buy back cheaper later. It's not without risk, but if you keep in mind not to be too greedy and wait too long to buy back, you'll be fine. Because, be honest with yourself: does it really look like the price is going to skyrocket tomorrow? Probably not.

Sell now. Buy back later. You'll sleep better, and your total amount of btc will be higher in addition.

When you cut citations like that you make me sound like a retarded. You mothafuckaa!
Activity: 1162
July 03, 2013, 05:04:36 PM

Name:                Gordonium
Date Registered:  March 30, 2013, 04:51:14 PM
Motto:               Greed is Good

Wow, you must be some cool Wall Street dude ... or some 14 year old that found out to late about the newest Ponzi scheme ...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
July 03, 2013, 05:00:48 PM
Considering the downtrend, I also think about selling.
good idea, i did it too around 3rd may when the price reversed and i lost 20 bitcoins when i had to re buy for higher price.

classic panic reneging. If you really believed it was going to go down, you should've held your dollars :0

don't worry, i did the same thing right after the Pirate@40 collapse. Went from 15 -> 9, bounced to $11, panic sold, panic bought back in at $13,  and then to the stars :p

It was then I learned conviction.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
July 03, 2013, 04:59:26 PM
good idea, i did it too around 3rd may when the price reversed and i lost 20 bitcoins when i had to re buy for higher price.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
July 03, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
Why panic, hedge your BTC wit LTC

Worst hedge ever. If bitcoins dies, litecoin will die too.

I liken it to keeping gasoline soaked cash in your house as a hedge against the financial loss if your house catches fire.

+1
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 03, 2013, 04:17:48 PM

I liken it to keeping gasoline soaked cash in your house as a hedge against the financial loss if your house catches fire.
Activity: 350
July 03, 2013, 04:16:27 PM
Selling might be a good idea until this downtrend stabilizes. It seems like every week the price is dropping so until this trend is reversed i would cash out and buy back at a lower price.
Activity: 546
July 03, 2013, 04:04:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
July 03, 2013, 03:54:39 PM
Activity: 486
July 03, 2013, 03:42:50 PM
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
July 03, 2013, 03:41:27 PM
Just wait a bit.

I'm buying more, just waiting to see how many bears get in on the pile.

fapfapfap
Activity: 434
July 03, 2013, 03:40:29 PM
Sell now. Buy back later. You'll sleep better, and your total amount of btc will be higher in addition.

Yup.
The odd thing is that if really you are a Bitcoin believer, you should want to increase your stash.
Well, downtrends like this are golden opportunities.
Activity: 84
supernode
July 03, 2013, 03:37:18 PM
dont panic just sell your coins and buy-back at lower position
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
July 03, 2013, 03:35:55 PM
[...]

Buy low, sell high, why is that so complicated?  Emotion is a mutha fucker and will destroy your profits, don't be driven by it.  Focus on the tangible not your feelings.

Yeah because it is always wise to grap the falling knife... (I don't believe that Bitcoin is falling knife, just speaking in general.)

That's not what "buy low, sell high" means. In fact, the two are incompatible. If done right, buy low is precisely not catching a falling knife, but picking it up from the floor.

Well, it's all just metaphors anyway.

What I really don't get is the "I'll hold, no matter what" stance a lot of people seem to take. Ultimately, it probably runs down to the difference between investors and speculators. The former believe in the product itself, and would somehow consider it treason to sell their entire position, the latter are agnostic about the product itself, and just try to make a profit.

I strongly suggest to break down this distinction in your mind.

Even if you believe in a bright future for bitcoin, i.e. you have reasons to be an "investor", there is absolutely nothing wrong with going short now, to buy back cheaper later. It's not without risk, but if you keep in mind not to be too greedy and wait too long to buy back, you'll be fine. Because, be honest with yourself: does it really look like the price is going to skyrocket tomorrow? Probably not.

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
July 03, 2013, 03:32:44 PM
I have rich and I have been poor.

When I was rich I think I felt it didn't suit me. My ego said no.

It's like being with a very beautiful woman... and messing it up because you just don't feel worthy. That can happen.

If panic is coming on you might have to admit to partial sell to get to that level of trading that feels natural again. It takes a loss to find where that point is.

Before I lost a lot of money I had a gut feeling. I ignored it. It gave me about a months notice, that's quite a lot. Likewise I would guess you've had this feeling for a while.

Introspection to inner knowledge is not easy. You got to delete anything that gets in the way - logic, guilt, fear...
Activity: 98
July 03, 2013, 03:20:13 PM
This is why is it not wise to panic. Look at the price slowly crawling back up to the price of the last drop today.

Only short if you are 100% sure it will drop and willing to bet money on it. Otherwise, keep your finite currency instead of printable currency.
Pages:
Jump to: