Pages:
Author

Topic: I am fucking panicking - page 3. (Read 15802 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 11, 2013, 09:50:02 PM
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
July 11, 2013, 02:37:08 PM
I gave legitimate reasons in my post that was responded to with swearing and racism.

You probably need to be educated to really understand what I was saying.

Some people just don't "get" Bitcoin and if they don't it's not my problem  Cheesy
For real? You certainly didn't respond to much of my post. I will rebut you now, but considering your incessant whining about "swearing" and repetition of the same "revolution" talk, I'd drop the attitude. If you want to educate us, please go ahead. But don't repeat the same baseless shit over and over when someone rebuts you. Yeah, that's right. I said "shit." When someone asks about utility, no one cares about an "art experiment." If you want to spread gospel, take it outside the speculation forum, because we're not all pigs here.
A few quick examples but really you guys should do more research!
That we disagree ≠ I haven't done research.
- There are invisible barriers to entry for people from many countries (especially in Africa and the Middle East) where it is virtually impossible for people to open a Paypal account. Artists, authors, entrepreneurs and more can easily accept payment in Bitcoin for their services from anyone anywhere in the world.

- Paypal and Visa transaction fees make micropayments (payments under $1 US) virtually impossible. These are easy, fast and convenient with BTC so for example someone can accept micro payment donations on their blog.
Again, that people can use bitcoin as currency doesn't mean that the unbanked and those who otherwise use mobile payments don't prefer services like payza, m-pesa, fortumo, text2pay, impulsepay, junglepay, onebip, boku, zong, venmo, dwolla, or dozens of other mobile services... or prepaid cards linked to digital wallets. There's only 11 million bitcoin addresses; zong has served triple that number of customers alone. Paypal has moved into mobile payments as well -- where is it "virtually impossible" to open an account? All you need is a phone and an email address.

Re fees, some of these services allow for free/cheap micropayments, or at least schedules that rival or best bitcoin. With e-commerce, these providers often charge the customer no transaction fees and instead pass them on to the merchant. Payza users can receive up to $400 a month free (sending money is free), which is significant in re to remittances. Certainly beats 7% or 15% you might pay on a single bitcoin micropayment, since you bring it up. Admittedly, once you start taking in enough money, you'll get hit with 25 cent transaction fees, which means you probably wouldn't want to receive less than ~$1.50 - $2 at a time to stay in that range. If you use Paypal as a digital wallet (not as a merchant), then transferring money to friends and family is free. Outside the US, 0.5% to 2%, tops. So let's say I want to pay someone $.50. If BTC=$100, and tx fee = .0005, you pay 10% / $.05 with bitcoin. With Paypal, 2% or less / $.01 or less.

Yeah, Paypal wins.
- Bitcoin is the first P2P currency in the history of the world and the first decentralized currency to have a value which is not tied to any one nation state. In terms of the evolution of humanity I see this as an amazing thing. It is the first truly global currency which ANYONE can participate in and accept payment in quickly and easily.
This "bitcoin revolution" stuff doesn't add anything. Like other web/mobile payment systems, you can send/receive money virtually instantly to an electronic address. Yes, it's not tied to a government -- but we're talking about utility here, not political philosophy and idealism.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 11, 2013, 01:54:04 PM
I gave legitimate reasons in my post that was responded to with swearing and racism.

Some people just don't "get" Bitcoin and if they don't it's not my problem  Cheesy

lol I know you won't read this but it sort if IS your problem when you and the collective Bitheads of the world try and fail horribly to challenge fiat currencies at their own game

Btc had its niche, and now greed has driven it away from that. People who aren't in it for profits have moved on, as well as some people who ARE in it for profits.

Either way, the Titanic stayed afloat for a while before going under, but everyone in steerage probably thought they still had a chance to survive, while the important people at the top all got into lifeboats first.

I'm sure you think you would be a lifeboat-worthy person, but if only you knew how far from the truth that is
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
legendary
July 11, 2013, 01:15:06 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
July 11, 2013, 12:53:09 PM
all people asked for was some kind of legitimate reason to use bitcoins instead of fiat currencies for anything besides spending on TOR, and you give us that.
This.
everyone is quickly realizing that there is little point in buying bitcoin right now unless you plan to speculate. and the speculators are drying up. so get the
hype machine rolling again guys. you need fresh meat.
This.
Actually the exchange rate has nothing to do with Bitcoin's intrinsic worth as a disruptive technology / art experiment
Cool story, but not really relevant.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
July 11, 2013, 12:44:55 PM
The few speculators who actually sold near the top just sit back and chuckle at these threads.
They know the biggest fools just hold until the value of their asset goes to nothing. Always afraid to get out with a loss and ride it to the bottom.

The top used to be US$ 1, then US$ 30, then US$ 260 ...

There will also be a final top, even in the case Bitcoin survives the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 1652
July 11, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
The few speculators who actually sold near the top just sit back and chuckle at these threads.
They know the biggest fools just hold until the value of their asset goes to nothing. Always afraid to get out with a loss and ride it to the bottom.

The top used to be US$ 1, then US$ 30, then US$ 260 ...
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2013, 12:23:39 PM
the speculation bubble is deflating.. just like last time. it will be in the 50s in a month or two. that is what happens when you have more sellers then buyers.
everyone is quickly realizing that there is little point in buying bitcoin right now unless you plan to speculate. and the speculators are drying up. so get the

Actually the exchange rate has nothing to do with Bitcoin's intrinsic worth as a disruptive technology / art experiment

True. But this is the speculation forum area talking about panicking and the price relative to USD.

And finicky internet users, in a very short amount of time, can switch to something else that is not bitcoin. Making it a footnote in internet history.

Can anyone really blame someone who panics that has 1000 BTC and what happens with the price over a few months time? One month it is worth 250,000 USD. Enough
to buy a nice house in many places. Two months later it can only buy the land the house sits on. Two months from now it might only buy a 30,000 dollar vehicle
which seems to be the most likely scenario that will play out this year. Whenever you have price swings like that rampant speculation is the cause. And often the case
ends up being most take a loss. We run out of greater fools to buy.

So the advice given earlier about only risking what you can afford to lose and not worry about is the only sane advice I can think of when talking about bitcoin. And
if you are only dabbling with those kind of values you will never win big. That is where greed comes in, the fools, and the few winners. Ah, good times.

Anyway... I have come to the conclusion that the only ones making real money around here are gambling, drug, pool, and exchange sites for the most part. They are
just sucking people dry in a steady fashion and laughing to the bank. The few speculators who actually sold near the top just sit back and chuckle at these threads.
July 11, 2013, 11:36:22 AM
that's the ticket, keep ignoring anyone who doesn't see your grand vision of a future dominated by Bitcoin

"oh you don't think I'm right? Ignored!"

that is a surefired way to appeal to the masses

Daaw someone needs a hug. And I'm sure you can inform us of all the "surefired" ways to appeal to the masses on bitcoin.

Actually I can't because there isn't any

I accept this, the majority of you do not

at least I'm not sitting here in a fantasy world
legendary
July 11, 2013, 11:32:51 AM
that's the ticket, keep ignoring anyone who doesn't see your grand vision of a future dominated by Bitcoin

Daaw someone needs a hug. And I'm sure you can inform us of all the "surefired" ways to appeal to the masses on bitcoin.

lol now I can see what you said ha ha.

Swearing, being rude, racist, slamming homeless people any sane person would ignore you.
legendary
July 11, 2013, 11:31:30 AM
the speculation bubble is deflating.. just like last time. it will be in the 50s in a month or two. that is what happens when you have more sellers then buyers.

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
July 11, 2013, 11:28:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2013, 11:22:21 AM
legendary
July 11, 2013, 11:17:32 AM
Sorry all I can see is "This user is currently ignored."

You need to chill out go get a massage or something - if you can afford it.
July 11, 2013, 11:15:30 AM

all people asked for was some kind of legitimate reason to use bitcoins instead of fiat currencies for anything besides spending on TOR, and you give us that.

legendary
July 11, 2013, 10:58:35 AM

- There are invisible barriers to entry for people from many countries (especially in Africa and the Middle East) where it is virtually impossible for people to open a Paypal account. Artists, authors, entrepreneurs and more can easily accept payment in Bitcoin for their services from anyone anywhere in the world

LOL, I forgot about all those untapped internet markets in Africa and the Middle East. I'm sure all 12 people who would be interested would agree with you, but until you can sell blood diamonds or car bombs via BTC, I think you are over-estimating the importance of these markets.  

- Paypal and Visa transaction fees make micropayments (payments under $1 US) virtually impossible. These are easy, fast and convenient with BTC so for example someone can accept micro payment donations on their blog.

Talk about digging for reasons to defend yourself, that is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Are we talking about giving homeless people spare change or making donations online? The words "fast, easy, and convenient" should also never be used in the same sentence as Btc, puhh-lease

- Bitcoin is the first P2P currency in the history of the world and the first decentralized currency to have a value which is not tied to any one nation state. In terms of the evolution of humanity I see this as an amazing thing. It is the first truly global currency which ANYONE can participate in and accept payment in quickly and easily.

Anyone can participate in other currencies as well, it's called getting a fucking job.

So delusional it's funny at times

Ok you have degenerated to swearing and in fact this whole conversation you have been rude many times unlike me.

I can't be bothered picking apart the twenty or so fallacies in your arguments (or your conflation of my points with counter arguments that do not even address what I actually said) - I have better things to do than write an essay right now.

You can't troll me goodbye and ignored.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
July 11, 2013, 10:29:49 AM
  Wait till China makes a run on US Treasury bonds, then you will see the utility of bitcoin.

If China dumps US Treasuries it would cripple the US economy.  Destroying the economy of your second largest trading partner (largest is the entire EU combined) is economic suicide.
July 11, 2013, 10:26:50 AM

- There are invisible barriers to entry for people from many countries (especially in Africa and the Middle East) where it is virtually impossible for people to open a Paypal account. Artists, authors, entrepreneurs and more can easily accept payment in Bitcoin for their services from anyone anywhere in the world

LOL, I forgot about all those untapped internet markets in Africa and the Middle East. I'm sure all 12 people who would be interested would agree with you, but until you can sell blood diamonds or car bombs via BTC, I think you are over-estimating the importance of these markets. 

Talk about digging for reasons to defend yourself, that is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. Are we talking about giving homeless people spare change or making donations online? The words "fast, easy, and convenient" should also never be used in the same sentence as Btc, puhh-lease

Anyone can participate in other currencies as well, it's called getting a fucking job.

So delusional it's funny at times
legendary
July 11, 2013, 09:43:19 AM
I'm curious -- in regards to products you can buy with bitcoin (and not fiat? more conveniently than fiat?) what are you talking about, some more examples, web sites? From the perspective of someone who isn't actively involved with bitcoin and thus wouldn't be holding it, is this still true? I just don't see it.

- There are invisible barriers to entry for people from many countries (especially in Africa and the Middle East) where it is virtually impossible for people to open a Paypal account. Artists, authors, entrepreneurs and more can easily accept payment in Bitcoin for their services from anyone anywhere in the world.

Pages:
Jump to: