Pages:
Author

Topic: I am judging interest in a group buy of the Avalon mini - page 3. (Read 7503 times)

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
So there were two parts to impersonating Phillip here:

1) Choose an Id that LOOKS very similar as in philipRna1957, rather than the version with "m".

2) Select an Avatar that is text "Legendary", rather than an actual picture.

Just trying to understand what happened here.........
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Done! Just let me know which one is your vacation account. I will also do a trust on it.  Wink
   this is me

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philipma1957onvacation-537107

I trusted it 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Done! Just let me know which one is your vacation account. I will also do a trust on it.  Wink
legendary
back from vacation

here is the fake  copy's profile

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philiprna1957-538286

lite his shit up.

back to this thread  i have yet to check all my emails as i just got home.

i will post info on any that i got.  [hope i got one or two]

i think i will do a trust to my vacation account to validate it.

in case this happens again.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Every time I run a group buy some a-hole try's to copy my philipma1957 account.

I get back on Tuesday I will mark him with my good account.

So do not pay anyone for Avalon mini gear.  Wait for my review with my legend account.

Thanks to all reading this thread.

Philipma1957

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Okay I am on my vacation account .  Do not give anyone a fucking dime not one piece of coin. My good account is more then ten thousand post and dates back for years. I turn my pcs off on.  Vacation and do not have access to my  account for security. I am going to mark this fake copy negative. With this account.

thats pretty smart man, hah who woulda thought
Activity: 14
Okay I am on my vacation account .  Do not give anyone a fucking dime not one piece of coin. My good account is more then ten thousand post and dates back for years. I turn my pcs off on.  Vacation and do not have access to my  account for security. I am going to mark this fake copy negative. With this account.
Activity: 30
PAY ATTENTION IN THE PM BOX GUYS!

philiprna1957<----------------------- Huh Huh Huh

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!
Quote from: hacko86 on Today at 02:50:32 PM
Quote from: wlefever on July 25, 2015, 10:01:22 PM
Will be interested in a few when they get back with prices, etc.

+1 here in UK

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1114143.20

Great news fellow group buyers, I have had price confirmation through for the Avalon mini.

Total price per unit inc. international shipping -

0.75BTC

We has a batch 1 shippment winging its way to me as we speak and numbers are limited.

Total currently available : 30 units.

Should you wish to place an order the payment address is :

1HkdmqxM1ZwUKW5VPwA4VWE6UpXb8cR6Sp

After payment please pm me the transaction I.D and full shipping info.

Thanks.

Report To Admin
Activity: 30

+1 here in UK
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The site isn't loading for me, what's the expected hash/power draw?

Depending on price I may be down for a few myself.

Edit, got the site to load.  It all depends on the price.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
alh
legendary
Actually, I think the engineer's response is:

"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be!"
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Any word?

No nothing yet.  Hopefully next week as I was told late July for the review model and Mid august for sales.

At least  there has not been word  of delays so that is one good thing.
The glass is half full dammit!
legendary
Any word?

No nothing yet.  Hopefully next week as I was told late July for the review model and Mid august for sales.

At least  there has not been word  of delays so that is one good thing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
legendary
No news from avalon as of tonight.

This is expected as He told me late July for the review model.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I am very interested. I will probably buy several, exact amount is price dependent of course. If these are at all on par with the 4.1 I'll probably get several.
legendary
While not strictly on topic, the fraction of a thread  exposes something about Bitcoin that I had never thought of before. We all get so wrapped up in "securing the network", and a "51% attack", and "too much centralization", we may have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Maybe the biggest threat is actually making peoples Bitcoin unavailable by impairing the ability to process transactions and use their "money". Even if my wallet is "safe", if I can't freely send and receive Bitcoin, that would really make Bitcoin a much less useful currency wouldn't it?

Sounds kinda like when the villain in the James Bond movie 'Goldfinger' was going render the gold at Fort Knox unusable by exploding a nuclear device. The USA was almost certainly still on the "Gold Standard" at the time, so it might have made sense.

Yeah DDOS would force private closed pool's  which surely lead to fucked up shit happening.

Back to the thread no news today.  This is to be expected as I was told late July for the demo/review piece.
alh
legendary
While not strictly on topic, the fraction of a thread  exposes something about Bitcoin that I had never thought of before. We all get so wrapped up in "securing the network", and a "51% attack", and "too much centralization", we may have lost sight of the bigger picture.

Maybe the biggest threat is actually making peoples Bitcoin unavailable by impairing the ability to process transactions and use their "money". Even if my wallet is "safe", if I can't freely send and receive Bitcoin, that would really make Bitcoin a much less useful currency wouldn't it?

Sounds kinda like when the villain in the James Bond movie 'Goldfinger' was going render the gold at Fort Knox unusable by exploding a nuclear device. The USA was almost certainly still on the "Gold Standard" at the time, so it might have made sense.
legendary
Yeah I will pop back 1 time a day to update with no new info.

When I get new info   I will do a few posts on that day.

If you are bored with nothing to do read this thread link

pages 55 to 60   yeah I know 5 pages is a lot to read but it gets pretty interesting.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11784697

Does anyone remember   Mike Myers  Doctor Evil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAjj_O-74eU

Well  Pay me  1BTC comes to mind.
Pages:
Jump to: