Pages:
Author

Topic: I believe this account is handled by someone else - page 3. (Read 1028 times)

copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
I am trying to bump the thread as I have received a private message regarding the ownership of the account. From the message, the user (alani123) is trying to say that s/he is the actual account holder of the account. I have  told to proof the ownership of the account on this thread.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650
Sugars.zone
Based on what you wrote, it definitely looks suspicious. If @alani123 have staked Bitcoin address, I think we should ask him to post a signed message from this address. It probably will answer all questions. OP, have you tried to contact him on Bitcointalk when he didn't answered you on other platforms?
I supported what you said because people go through some emergency or disaster which may lead to the lost of phone, home and valuable properties. Besides, if the user mentioned by the OP is indeed an old buddy there should an old slang which they both use each time they communicate he can that to also figure out if the account holder is now someone else.

He was my business development manager. I knew him very well, disappearing was very shocking to me, I thought something might have happened to him.

- Tried PMing him before, I tried him few days ago too but no response
Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
I had a good connection with user alani123 back in 2018-2019 when he disappeared from all the online channels. I tried him everywhere even his WhatsApp but could get any response till now. He was offline from bitcointalk too, Now few days ago I see activity from this account and again tried all the channels but not getting a response. That's why I'm believing the account owner has been changed.  

He was online in December 2018 and then came back in November 2019. So maybe you recently saw his posts and thought he is active now but that about 2 months he have been active on this forum. Secondly if he is not responding you doesn't mean that the owner has been changed. You need to provide some more proofs here.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
There's a lot of 'ifs' there. It is possible that he lost access to his previous contacts, his number could be blocked by his local operator and he's too lazy to create a new one, he disables his pm because he got too many spams etc. Are there any red flags such as he suddenly starts asking non-collateral loans, change in posting behavior or post quality, etc?

At the least, the OP should send the topic date link to that account and ask him to prove it. If in a period of time he cannot prove the account, we can make the allegation.

I think irfan should prove that he is indeed not the current owner first, not the other way around. Just because he doesn't respond to your message doesn't mean it is a different person imo.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
If you believe ownership changed then first change your trust. and send this link to the current user so that the person can know about this thread. Then the person will prove ownership if the person is the real owner.
Edit:
Just noticed, positive trust removed.

I think that removing positive trust is not necessary when we have not identified the users, despite the high probability that this account is being used by someone else. The best way is to make a neutral trust to alert people, avoiding unnecessary transactions until this account is proven.

Based on what you wrote, it definitely looks suspicious. If @alani123 have staked Bitcoin address, I think we should ask him to post a signed message from this address. It probably will answer all questions. OP, have you tried to contact him on Bitcointalk when he didn't answered you on other platforms?
Just is if  Roll Eyes but what if he doesn't stake his address? What should we do next? At the least, the OP should send the topic date link to that account and ask him to prove it. If in a period of time he cannot prove the account, we can make the allegation.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 566
I supported what you said because people go through some emergency or disaster which may lead to the lost of phone, home and valuable properties. Besides, if the user mentioned by the OP is indeed an old buddy there should an old slang which they both use each time they communicate he can that to also figure out if the account holder is now someone else.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1241
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
I had a good connection with user alani123 back in 2018-2019 when he disappeared from all the online channels. I tried him everywhere even his WhatsApp but could get any response till now. He was offline from bitcointalk too, Now few days ago I see activity from this account and again tried all the channels but not getting a response. That's why I'm believing the account owner has been changed.  

If you believe ownership changed then first change your trust. and send this link to the current user so that the person can know about this thread. Then the person will prove ownership if the person is the real owner.

Edit:
Just noticed, positive trust removed.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650
Sugars.zone

Pages:
Jump to: