Author

Topic: I have 12 Bitcoin. What should I do??? - page 120. (Read 18634 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105
November 27, 2017, 10:46:21 AM
I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

My question is, what do I do now?

As far as I can see, I have 4 options;

1) Hold the Bitcoin

2) Invest in altcoins and leave a little in Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

4) Convert it to fiat (probably the dumbest idea)

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams (after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price). Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

To me you have a big money !! You can invest Altcoin for higher profit or keep BTC, If I have, I will keep 10 BTC and invest 2 BTC in altcoin.
Activity: 528
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 10:28:07 AM
You can buy a few altcoins from the top 10 and the rest would be left in bitcoin and ETH. But if you could earn 12 bitcoin so quickly why stop there - you can continue to trade also further, I think you are good at it
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 27, 2017, 10:23:52 AM
I feel that it is about time to exit bitcoin and start buying altcoins. Amor looks like a good candidate to me https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annico-airdropbounty-amor-meet-credible-people-ico-is-now-open-2376207 They are decentralising the dating industry
Activity: 392
Multiversum
November 26, 2017, 05:59:50 PM
Dudeeeeee you made 12 btc from 0.01, what??! xD

Am I the only one not believing it?

He made 12 BTC from 0.01... and he is asking for advices? Come on... Just trolling us very much.

Look at his really funny\Warren Buffet inspired story:
after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price

Yeah... sure mate... bad news: you are registered from 2nd of November so it's not possible (those scam coins were much before). Retry next time.
Activity: 8
November 26, 2017, 05:57:41 PM
Create a good crypto portfolio
5 BTC => BTC
5 BTC => ETH
1 BTC => other alts (NEO, OMG, DASH etc)
1 BTC => ICOs and small market cap coins ( basically high risk)
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
November 26, 2017, 05:53:17 PM
Dudeeeeee you made 12 btc from 0.01, what??! xD

My suggestion is, hold that BTC because as you can see the price of bitcoin keep rising like there is no tomorrow. Or my other suggestion would be, convert 1 btc to multiple coins such as ETH, Stratis, NEO, Monero, etc or new ICOs. You can make even moreeeee money with just 1 btc. But the easiest way is just to hold it because I'm sure bitcoin will rise even further!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
November 26, 2017, 05:50:28 PM
12 btc is a really good amount and right now I think its better not to invest it anywhere as the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher and you can make huge profits only by holding it in your wallet as investment involves risk of loosing money and with current price you cannot afford to loose it.
Activity: 24
November 26, 2017, 05:47:41 PM
Consider investing Lisk and Waves with a big portion of your money, put some of them to ETH, and leave smaller portion for BTC. Actually, you made good decisions, then you had 12 BTC. Maybe you can suggest us what to do Smiley

I hold both of these projects and I believe they are up to some good things in the future. But never go all in. So perhaps hold 50% in btc and the rest in altcoins like Lisk, Waves or another good one. If BTC goes up you may be end up with some better bargain prices.
Activity: 195
November 26, 2017, 05:47:07 PM
I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

1) Hold the Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams (after bribing a few of the devs, I got massive discounts in comparison to market prices and drove the volume up on their respective markets to get them listed on coinmarketcap which catapulted their price). Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.
It is a bad idea to invest your btc in altcoins especially in this period now it is 9000$ and it has the possibility to rise until 10000$ so i propose to you to keep them in your portfolio.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
November 26, 2017, 05:40:17 PM
Consider investing Lisk and Waves with a big portion of your money, put some of them to ETH, and leave smaller portion for BTC. Actually, you made good decisions, then you had 12 BTC. Maybe you can suggest us what to do Smiley
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
November 26, 2017, 05:37:06 PM
Make a Bitcoin fork. It must be named BITCOIN ......It seems to be the no1 way to create money out of thin air.
Dont forget to premine some You seem to like scams. You will beat all long lasting alts that seem to struggle to get their recognition.  BTC+ BCH+ BTG = how much market share?
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
November 26, 2017, 05:33:33 PM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

Do what you've been doing man! you've nearly 100x your money in a few months time! If you can do that again then you'd have nearly 10m usd which would allow you to do all of your 4 options and live a great life!
Activity: 549
Merit: 259
Blockchain with solar energy
November 26, 2017, 05:30:02 PM
If I had 12 bitcoin in my wallet I would only convert 1 bitcoin to fiat just to spend. I would cut others in half, hold half in btc, divide other half in ethereum, monero and many other altcoins.
Activity: 278
Merit: 11
November 26, 2017, 05:24:33 PM
Hold it, bitcoin is going through the roof!
Activity: 847
Merit: 500
November 26, 2017, 02:56:54 PM
Dropped out of school and earning enough to support yourself through crypocurrencies?? Impressive and risky I love it. I wouldn’t use any of that to start your own coin. There’s already too many of them out there and it would be risk with very little rewards. Keep holding and keep investing in other coins and watch your money grow. You’re in a really good spot
Activity: 664
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
November 26, 2017, 01:18:42 PM
1/2 you keep bitcoin 1/2 you should invest in potential coin like xrp, eth, dash ... you can also make a profit. Bitcoin is growing quite strongly so I think you should keep bitcoin next year and sell you will be profitable.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
November 26, 2017, 01:18:32 PM
Some of the money can stay in the bitcoin
But you can try your luck in altcoins, altcoins really good investment tools
But you've to make a good decision about which to invest
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
November 26, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

Good suggestions. I think I would agree to the idea od you using it to invest or trade in whichever means you like. I think you should find a way to use your asset to work and earn for you. It may have risks, but it is a passive way of earning with good potential return. You can also actually trade some to cash and treat yourself with something nice, afterall it's not that easy to earn that much bitcoin. Good job as well for earning that much. Very enviable!
Activity: 187
Merit: 18
November 26, 2017, 01:13:12 PM
You can sell few of them and save it up for later as it's value is always increasing and just chill in the pool having drinks and also buy me a Xbox one x or something that would be great hehe. Have fun and party hard.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
November 26, 2017, 01:08:51 PM
Best choice for you now to hold them near three weeks, because before Christmas Bitcoin can go on correction
Jump to: