Pages:
Author

Topic: I have 3 Million USD to invest into Crypto Currency - How should I do it? - page 3. (Read 19829 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
hah i can't believe this thread is still popping up

here's a a high level 2.0 presentation i did earlier this month in amsterdam

https://speakerdeck.com/zynis/crypto-2-dot-0-lay-of-the-land

hopefully will have more in depth write ups and presentations for you all in the near future after i file my taxes (better late then never i guess...)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018
I would buy mining equipment, just because I want to know that my worked has payed off, and not Buying some BTC, and then ending up waiting 2 years until its rise...

You must be very poor Lips sealed
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
My Advice is to Buy Latest Market Research Report Available at "Global Flooring industry is Expected to Reach USD 326.38 Billion by 2020", or you can consider to buy some ripple. Visit this report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flooring-market-analysis
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I would buy mining equipment, just because I want to know that my worked has payed off, and not Buying some BTC, and then ending up waiting 2 years until its rise...
legendary
Having invested in markets and traded currency casually since I was 18 (4 years now, not a lot but I know a few things) I firmly believe in not putting all your eggs in one basket. If I were in that position I would put $1m in 3 different options, it's still a risk, but from my view it's always best to be safe and     maybe not profit as much from diversifying than be risky and potentially losing from backing a sole option.

Diversify means diversify geographically, in sector, different type of management assets, political risks and security for your assets (safe, trust ect.)

3 options in the same market and the same country is an extremely small diversification
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Having invested in markets and traded currency casually since I was 18 (4 years now, not a lot but I know a few things) I firmly believe in not putting all your eggs in one basket. If I were in that position I would put $1m in 3 different options, it's still a risk, but from my view it's always best to be safe and     maybe not profit as much from diversifying than be risky and potentially losing from backing a sole option.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I suggest you do everything you can, except mining.

1st priority is for the ATMs.
And maybe issue cards/vouchers that can could like (fiat) credit/gift card that holds certain claimable BTC amount, so it could be used for transactions without making people to wait for confirmations and stuff, and without exposing the whole wallet.

But you should also consider:
-Buying a collection of bunch of different old/new cryptocurrencies and incase one of them was used beside BTC (Like silver to gold) You still get a foothold in that. Or maybe mining them since the difficulty is way low.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
None, of the options, finally. I would invest in start-ups with ideas for the bitcoin ecosystem. So investing in ideas. Or considering buying an already working asset. For both  it would be good to establish contacts first. Just a thought.
legendary

All of the above comments are interesting reading.  I will say that there have been alot of people PM'ing me with ideas and such.
The scammers are obvious. The peoeple who are just looking to pawn off played out ideas and/or uninteresting bad ideas have contacted
me in droves.

The reason one comes to this board is to gain insight and to gain knowledge.  Yes, there are a fair amount of amateurs here however there
are also a large amount of wise minded individuals, some who post and others who read/lurk.

We have purchased significant amounts of coin as part of the investment and also setup mining and invested into some technologies as well.
ALL based on advice found on this forum and by conversations with smart individuals.

Any serious investor must do his homework and that is why I am here in a nutshell.

Thank you all for the replies and private responses. The information was plentiful and aided my mission.

I have also formed a San Diego miners meetup group if you want to join...

Search for it on meetup.com

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Bitcoin-and-Cryptocurrency-Miners-Meetup/

Good luck in your business; thought it was a good idea to seek advices and start conversations with members of this forum as they are obviously very knowledgeable in Bitcoin
Activity: 70

All of the above comments are interesting reading.  I will say that there have been alot of people PM'ing me with ideas and such.
The scammers are obvious. The peoeple who are just looking to pawn off played out ideas and/or uninteresting bad ideas have contacted
me in droves.

The reason one comes to this board is to gain insight and to gain knowledge.  Yes, there are a fair amount of amateurs here however there
are also a large amount of wise minded individuals, some who post and others who read/lurk.

We have purchased significant amounts of coin as part of the investment and also setup mining and invested into some technologies as well.
ALL based on advice found on this forum and by conversations with smart individuals.

Any serious investor must do his homework and that is why I am here in a nutshell.

Thank you all for the replies and private responses. The information was plentiful and aided my mission.

I have also formed a San Diego miners meetup group if you want to join...

Search for it on meetup.com

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Bitcoin-and-Cryptocurrency-Miners-Meetup/

legendary
I don't believe a man who has gained 3M USD would ask an advice about investments on forum Grin

I second that motion

I disagree as it may be part of its due diligence on the matter since bitcointalk obviously has some very good Bitcoin experts
These forums may have "experts" however it is very difficult to determine who is an expert and who is full of BS. The advice found on these forums is also significantly biased to the buy side for bitcoin

Yes indeed but he could have get to know something from the discussion that followed his post : JD, innovators contacting him by PM and it made him think about it one more time; my point is it is not negative to create a discussion if you are careful with what you do with the answers
Activity: 70
somewant to enlarge his btc *enis Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
I don't believe a man who has gained 3M USD would ask an advice about investments on forum Grin

I second that motion

I disagree as it may be part of its due diligence on the matter since bitcointalk obviously has some very good Bitcoin experts
These forums may have "experts" however it is very difficult to determine who is an expert and who is full of BS. The advice found on these forums is also significantly biased to the buy side for bitcoin
legendary

I second that motion

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

I second that motion
legendary
It will be better to hold on to the BTC and sell after a no of difficulty increase.
If you are an expert you can ROI from mining hardware. You need a lot of thinking, you need to baby sit a lot.
or you can start a could mining company or can become an ASIC manufacturer.
For that you can outsource all the process take pre-orders. But when all process are out sourced it will be a pain if the third party company delays.
So you can do like what bitmaintech is doing, Sell already made hardware.
The risk is less since even if the hardware is not sold out your mining company can make profit from mining.
All these companies are actually miners and they sells just to limit their risk and make the income stable.

The difficulty increases should have no real bearing on the price.  The price of Bitcoin is controlled by it's future vs it's current uncertainties.

Difficulty determines the uncertainty, that lead me to think so.
I will agree if you say it will not but after gaining much more acceptance for btc in the co-operate world.
Currently the industry/bitcoin is virtually controlled by ASIC mining hardware manufacturing companies, in my opinion.
In the future, the current dust will settle and bitcoin world will build up a new base of much more stability and predictability like the counterpart.

Current acceptance (like Overstock, Dish, local businesses) is what drives demand for it's use as a currency.  The more demand, the more people buy it and price goes up.

The uncertainties are like the 51% attack (or possibility of), the malleability issue, the collapse of Gox and theft of coins, the US DOJ selling SR coins, etc.

In the positive you can add the expected fall of the USD, inflation, the qualities of Bitcoin which are more and more admitted

In the negative the risk of a technical issue, ban of governments and creation of a competing currency, for exemple a crypto backed by Gold by a bank in Hong Kong or Singapore
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
It will be better to hold on to the BTC and sell after a no of difficulty increase.
If you are an expert you can ROI from mining hardware. You need a lot of thinking, you need to baby sit a lot.
For that you can outsource all the process take pre-orders. But when all process are out sourced it will be a pain if the third party company delays.
The risk is less since even if the hardware is not sold out your mining company can make profit from mining.
All these companies are actually miners and they sells just to limit their risk and make the income stable.

The difficulty increases should have no real bearing on the price.  The price of Bitcoin is controlled by it's future vs it's current uncertainties.

I will agree if you say it will not but after gaining much more acceptance for btc in the co-operate world.
Currently the industry/bitcoin is virtually controlled by ASIC mining hardware manufacturing companies, in my opinion.
In the future, the current dust will settle and bitcoin world will build up a new base of much more stability and predictability like the counterpart.

Current acceptance (like Overstock, Dish, local businesses) is what drives demand for it's use as a currency.  The more demand, the more people buy it and price goes up.

The uncertainties are like the 51% attack (or possibility of), the malleability issue, the collapse of Gox and theft of coins, the US DOJ selling SR coins, etc.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Pages:
Jump to: