Pages:
Author

Topic: I have 5 posts now and 16hrs login time, why I am still a newbie - page 2. (Read 2106 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I agree its not convenient i should have signed up long ago and all that time lurkng it would be done by now... Smiley
Activity: 12
I think 4 hours is reasonable and 5 posts is not too bad.  It's only bad when you really want to get something done NOW! Also making random replies is not really my style, but here I am.
Activity: 8
replies like this one should surely count. Otherwise I would expect a large amount of threads being opened and few being replied to.

Yeah I think the rules for such a low required post count but somewhat high in comparison online time of 4 hours are only meant to keep people from registering new accounts rapidly for spam and trolling or to prevent automated software, like XRUMER, from making accounts to spam automatically.
Activity: 8
It's a CRON job that checks every 10 minute so if you just made your required number of posts, it may not have automatically updated yet.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Maybe I have 160 hours + online, but post? hmmm only 4 :p
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
None, both are +1 for your post pool
Activity: 27
What’s the difference between and post and a reply?
Activity: 19
Just another reply to push up my post count.

I already qualify for the 4 hours rule, but need my post count to move to 5.
copper member
Activity: 16
Merit: 8
Balls, I didn't realize it was 6 posts.
I was under the impression you needed 30 points + 4 hours?

Seeing as you are already a Jr. with only 21 posts I doubt it.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
I was under the impression you needed 30 points + 4 hours?
Only problem is that 4 hours feels like 4 weeks.
Activity: 37
This rule is really annoying... Why it has to be this way?

The rule is in place to cut down on spam.

However, I think the more relevant reason is to encourage newbies (like myself) to read through the forums before creating new threads to ask questions that have been asked 1000's of times before.  There are a lot of internet users out there that (oddly) are too damn lazy to use a search function.

I like the 4 hour rule.  It's obviously not a perfect solution, but I think it does more good than harm.  The 5 post rule though seems silly to me.  One could just create a new thread and reply to himself 4 times?  That part seems to encourage pointless posting.

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I have too several hours today but timer says 52 minutes. Where is the problem.
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
Hope you (and me) get to post in the forums soon!
Activity: 7
Of course replies count.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
I wish they would reduce this from 5 to 2 or 3 or something. Most people write anything just to get to 5 posts.
Activity: 25
I keep thinking there's something wrong with the timer.  I was logged in several hours yesterday, in and out of threads and other websites, but I only accumulated about 40 minutes of logged in time.  I'm still at only 2 hours and 17 minutes.
Activity: 6
Pages:
Jump to: