Pages:
Author

Topic: I have been subjected to harassment - page 3. (Read 1094 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
December 09, 2022, 03:50:57 AM
OP is actually a very experienced dev and Linux/FreeBSD sysadmin. He may be older than many of us because I personally don't know a single young developer who knows FreeBSD, but that doesn't mean he's any less of an experienced internet user. He probably knows the technical side of the internet better than most users here.  Smiley

I mean wouldn't that be obvious anyway? Most of the RFCs are written by Generation X'ers, as well as the W3C standards, a great deal of Linux services and daemons, the kernel (duh), and pretty much all of Java.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
December 08, 2022, 07:47:13 AM
<...>
OP is not an experienced internet user. My guess is, he is a very old person who is excited to use a computer or smartphone but completely unaware that the world gone far away from his age LOL

LOL, no! I think you are wrong about that. Look at his post history.

OP is actually a very experienced dev and Linux/FreeBSD sysadmin. He may be older than many of us because I personally don't know a single young developer who knows FreeBSD, but that doesn't mean he's any less of an experienced internet user. He probably knows the technical side of the internet better than most users here.  Smiley
He seems technically sound, I missed that, I just had a look on his post history. But technically sound does not mean he know the online guru and fake marketing system very well. It's a totally separate area. My assumption is from the reaction and fear OP is showing in the thread. Someone who is regularly receiving extortion emails, offer emails like making you rich, emails from hot girls in craigslist, attention emails that your exchange is hacked, emails to receive free gifts and many more spams, will never react such way.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.
December 07, 2022, 07:02:03 PM
We're different people we'll handle aggressors using different ways. He's in a bad place it's affected him bad he didn't deserve threats or extortion. Taking a break from internet isn't getting him money. We don't know about his life. He needs money he's stressed barely making ends meet so can't pay for treatments. He's Full Member so joining campaigns isn't perfect but it'll help ease some problems he's got

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

Some people are bothered by shit like this, whether it's rational or not.  I would also recommend to OP to see if he can get some mental health treatment, because if suicide is seemingly an option because a random nobody on the internet is bothering you, you're obviously in a fragile state.

But OP, keep in mind that this is probably some crackpot who has no way to harm you, no matter what he's saying.  Legal counsel isn't likely to be of help and will only be an expense you probably can't afford.  Just take a deep breath, take a break from the internet for a while if that's an option, and try your best not to let this jackoff get under your skin like he has.  And I've seen some good advice from other members already, so starting up this thread was a good idea on your part.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
December 07, 2022, 04:37:12 PM
<...>
OP is not an experienced internet user. My guess is, he is a very old person who is excited to use a computer or smartphone but completely unaware that the world gone far away from his age LOL

LOL, no! I think you are wrong about that. Look at his post history.

legendary
December 07, 2022, 08:57:50 AM
He knows your email address, forum profile. Does he know your real name, home address, bank account details or any sort of personal details or any of the person your know who is common between you and him?

Maybe just my name, i was careless i didn't notice that my email send my name in every mail, i already fix it. but that is some other point to me, If I am supposedly a scammer or a thief, why do I publish my name in my emails, why i should use my personal email insteat of some other fake email?
Here is how a basic internet works for not much experienced users online. You see some bold promotion, it might be to make you huge money, to sell you a course, to show you a way to be an expert of a field X or anything that you are interested. They ask you to enter your email address, name etc and to click the button below to receive the offer in your email. All of these gurus are collecting emails and contact details. Later they use the list. They either sell advertisement to others or sell the whole list to other who advertise online.

There are another way for scammers or unwanted people to get your name, email even home address or even to have your card details. When you purchase something online you fill up your details. If the website hacks then the hacker have your information. They sell it in dark market or even in regular market to the advertisers.

So when you are in 20th century, your name and email address to be found by others is just some regular things. There are no need to be worried about anything. If the guy have balls then you are expecting him or any of his representative to your door which is very unlikely. Chance are 1 in a billion times.

Now forget it and live your regular life.

It's a random person on the internet sending random emails with random files. Why are you caring so much? Learn from the Bot how to grow a thickskin and let others do whatever they want.
Some people are bothered by shit like this, whether it's rational or not.  I would also recommend to OP to see if he can get some mental health treatment, because if suicide is seemingly an option because a random nobody on the internet is bothering you, you're obviously in a fragile state.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
December 07, 2022, 04:14:35 AM
Well at the beggining I really don't care about it, but He start talking about some sue and he start to be more rude in his emails.
He knows your email address, forum profile. Does he know your real name, home address, bank account details or any sort of personal details or any of the person your know who is common between you and him?

He's no stalker or anything, just another forum user.

I recommend negative tag over extortion.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Cashback 15%
December 06, 2022, 09:45:45 PM
It's a random person on the internet sending random emails with random files. Why are you caring so much? Learn from the Bot how to grow a thickskin and let others do whatever they want.
Some people are bothered by shit like this, whether it's rational or not.  I would also recommend to OP to see if he can get some mental health treatment, because if suicide is seemingly an option because a random nobody on the internet is bothering you, you're obviously in a fragile state.

But OP, keep in mind that this is probably some crackpot who has no way to harm you, no matter what he's saying.  Legal counsel isn't likely to be of help and will only be an expense you probably can't afford.  Just take a deep breath, take a break from the internet for a while if that's an option, and try your best not to let this jackoff get under your skin like he has.  And I've seen some good advice from other members already, so starting up this thread was a good idea on your part.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.
December 06, 2022, 06:31:39 PM
It's the internet you can't stop people trying extortion. Don't get stressed, you've got to forget incidents. If you're barely making ends meet due to financial difficulties join a signature campaign. You're a Full Member you'll be selected by campaign managers, join one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

I am writing to report that I have been subjected to harassment from a member of this community through email.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
December 06, 2022, 03:23:49 PM
Maybe just my name, i was careless i didn't notice that my email send my name in every mail, i already fix it. but that is some other point to me, If I am supposedly a scammer or a thief, why do I publish my name in my emails, why i should use my personal email insteat of some other fake email?

In any case i'm cleaning any PI from me and reviewing all my networks all this becasue i don't want this kind of harassment in the future.
It's a good thing you're taking your privacy more serious now. The internet is like a cesspool and you'll find all kind of characters here; the bad, the very bad and the ugly, it's best to have your personal information off it so it doesn't get into any hands at all.

As others have said, I'll probably not think too much of a random stranger on the internet. Anyone can threaten you, that's easy to do.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 06, 2022, 12:46:17 PM
^ since you're okay now, don't think too much about such things again and in future if the same kind of incidents repeats from same or others try to ignore and don't take it to heart.

Forum PM allows inappropriate messages can be reported to admins and they even get banned apart from tags so don't forget to use the feature in case if you feel the message you received is inappropriate.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
December 06, 2022, 11:11:52 AM
The lawsuit he has threatened is frivolous, and you have no cause for concern since his arguments are ridiculous.

Yes right now I am thinking the same

You also have every right to file a lawsuit against him for harassment. You should consult a lawyer before you take that step, but I think it would be perfectly legal and appropriate.

Well since I don't know where is he from, i think that will somekind of useles because that what mention in some other reply look:

Legal assistance probably will just waste your time and money, especially when you don't know nationality of the harasser.

Please take a break and don't think about it because you know you never did anything you've been accused of by the user.

Thanks you, that is what i will do, I ask for this week as vacations one month ago. I am more in calm now.

Do you think there is a possibility you are being threatened by someone not for the 'stolen' Coins but for developing keyhunt?  Anyone who could feel threatened by your tool and act like this to try and bring you down mentally?  Just a thought.

Interesting thought, it never imagine that, but i really don't know and there is now way to know that.

Mind sharing the date of your first ever communication?

November 11th

In any case i'm cleaning any PI from me and reviewing all my networks all this becasue i don't want this kind of harassment in the future.

Thank you all guys for reply, seriously the replies means a lot for me, it they give me more clearity on this stuff

I will be offline almost this week, im trying to get relax from this stuff, i get one week vacations from my job.

Regards!

legendary
December 06, 2022, 09:03:31 AM
Well at the beggining I really don't care about it, but He start talking about some sue and he start to be more rude in his emails.

I did not see such information was discussed on the email. He can not do any shit to you.
Activity: 756
Merit: 1723
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 05, 2022, 11:15:32 PM
Do you think there is a possibility you are being threatened by someone not for the 'stolen' Coins but for developing keyhunt?  Anyone who could feel threatened by your tool and act like this to try and bring you down mentally?  Just a thought.

-----

This is straight up harassment.  If I was in your boots, I would ignore the dude but keep the E-mails and Private Messages.  Do not delete anything this person says.  Particularly if they incrementally add pressure every message you receive.

I am afraid there is no way they can prove you moved anything.  It looks much more like an orchestrated attack to make you mentally vulnerable enough to send them at least part of 'their share' and then continue to harass you.  Otherwise there is no way I can explain what they are doing.  Makes no sense.

It is not the first time I hear about this magic 'crackable' Wallet being shared and sold around with random value strings.  Since you can confirm it is publicly available and I suppose it was way before this person started messaging you, even if they can prove ownership of the Wallet now, there is no way they can prove you were the one stealing the funds out of it, can they.

Therefore I suggest you start collecting yourself, relaxing and ignoring the harassment.  Stop stressing out and take all these dark thoughts straight to the trash bin.

Mind sharing the date of your first ever communication?

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
Activity: 303
Merit: 136
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
December 05, 2022, 10:35:56 PM
Due to my financial difficulties, I am barely able to make ends meet. The recent harassment I have been subjected to has made it difficult for me to sleep well, I have been depressed. I have been considering seeking legal assistance but also i heve been considering end with my life, why i should end my life if supposedly I'm already a millionaire?

Your story is truly heartbreaking to read. Because of the technicalities involved, I have no idea how all this cracking up is done. What surprises me the most is that you planned to take your own life because you're depressed about everything. Nothing is worth considering suicide; everyone goes through hard times and difficulties in life. I understand how you feel, but you must be able to control your mental health in order to prevent it from taking control of you. Life is valuable, and nothing justifies taking your own life. Please take a break and don't think about it because you know you never did anything you've been accused of by the user.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
December 05, 2022, 06:19:55 PM
~

The lawsuit he has threatened is frivolous, and you have no cause for concern since his arguments are ridiculous.
If he starts making more serious threats, I suggest you report him to the authorities. You also have every right to file a lawsuit against him for harassment. You should consult a lawyer before you take that step, but I think it would be perfectly legal and appropriate.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
December 05, 2022, 04:53:27 PM
First, thank you all for reply.

If it helps, you can post the addresses in question (only) in public so that the community can also verify that the address(es) are some random scammers' address via a website like https://www.bitcoinwhoswho.com/

The address is 1LfV1tSt3KNyHpFJnAzrqsLFdeD2EvU1MK

Yes that person claim to be the owner, that is very funny.

It's a random person on the internet sending random emails with random files. Why are you caring so much?

Check:

that email keep going like a bible...

And here is the last one, this last email pushme to  open this topic.

That "thank you and Kind regards" make me laugh a bit, but i was shaking while i read it

Honestly, I would take this very seriously and you should react as soon as possible and seek adequate help. No matter how difficult your current situation seems to you, it is certain that there is a way out of the problem. take it seriously, because obviously, this is your call for help.

Yes I've talking with one of my closest friends I'm more calm now. Thanks

if everything is as you say, it seems that you took the whole thing too personally. To me it looks like another way for fraudsters to get money. they don't care. ignoring is perfectly fine.

Yes, like I said before, at te beggining i don't care but I start to worry about it becasue his emails.

how would that translate into considering to take my life?

those are thoughts that sometimes appear, but I discard them and try not to think about it, that way out is for cowards and I am not one of them.

Do you know the alleged personality in person? Doesn't he reside in your neighborhood?

No, i really don't know where is he from.

Well, if they believe you moved the money in the wallet, they should be one ones to first make a thread against you here in the forum. If your life is not threatened, consider to ignore them.

I will ignore him from now.

Again thank you to all for reply.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
December 05, 2022, 04:15:05 PM
The recent harassment I have been subjected to has made it difficult for me to sleep well, I have been depressed. I have been considering seeking legal assistance but also i heve been considering end with my life, why i should end my life if supposedly I'm already a millionaire?

I took time to read through your thread, but this section of your statement I quoted above, I am having difficulty to comprehend it. Were you threatened by him?
I mean if I am too sure that I didn't scam lovesmayfamilis and she kept sending series of messages that I cheated or scammed her, how would that translate into considering to take my life?
Do you know the alleged personality in person? Does he reside in your neighborhood?

Well, if they believe you moved the money in the wallet, they should be one ones to first make a thread against you here in the forum. If your life is not threatened, consider to ignore them.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
December 05, 2022, 02:59:37 PM
Due to my financial difficulties, I am barely able to make ends meet. The recent harassment I have been subjected to has made it difficult for me to sleep well, I have been depressed. I have been considering seeking legal assistance but also i heve been considering end with my life, why i should end my life if supposedly I'm already a millionaire?

Honestly, I would take this very seriously and you should react as soon as possible and seek adequate help. No matter how difficult your current situation seems to you, it is certain that there is a way out of the problem. take it seriously, because obviously, this is your call for help.

if everything is as you say, it seems that you took the whole thing too personally. To me it looks like another way for fraudsters to get money. they don't care. ignoring is perfectly fine.
legendary
December 05, 2022, 02:45:48 PM

About forum PM, feel free to post these in public. If it looks like life threatening harassment then many users will tag that account. The account will be banned eventually for breaking forum rules of sending unsolicited PMs.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 05, 2022, 05:25:59 AM

I really really recommend you to take a break from Bitcoin puzzle/recovery and look for free/cheap mental health support offered by government or non-profit organization. Legal assistance probably will just waste your time and money, especially when you don't know nationality of the harasser.

What should I do? Please help

I don't know how much about legal/law, but personally i would recommend you to do these
1. Report the PM with reason "unsolicited pm" or "harassment"
2. Block/ignore this user from all communication medium you use (this forum, email, etc.).
Pages:
Jump to: