Pages:
Author

Topic: I have been subjected to harassment - page 4. (Read 1094 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
December 04, 2022, 09:58:19 PM
Thank you both for reply.

About the reputation board, can I move it? I didn't find the option to do that.

Regards.

A moderator already moved it there, there is nothing you need to do now.

I have tagged the user in question with neutral with a link back to this topic, but your best course of action is to ignore him from here onwards. Suing someone for libel doesn't really work anywhere except in the USA, and even there, the case does not have much of a chance if the messages aren't public eg. on social media.

If it helps, you can post the addresses in question (only) in public so that the community can also verify that the address(es) are some random scammers' address via a website like https://www.bitcoinwhoswho.com/
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
December 04, 2022, 07:16:19 PM
Thank you both for reply.

About the reputation board, can I move it? I didn't find the option to do that.

Regards.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
December 04, 2022, 06:36:27 PM
Send me the member's username through PM.

Edit: Also I noticed this thread is not on the Reputation board, it should be moved there.
Activity: 12
Merit: 5
December 04, 2022, 03:41:18 PM
This sounds like Craig Wright claiming he owns Satoshi wallets and that he is satoshi.  If there is no proof of ownership there is a 99.9% chance that the claimant is not the owner.   If all the information about the wallet and even the .dat file has been made public (fake or real) it means as obviously stated many persons would be working on the solution.  Take puzzle 64 for example, hundreds of thousands of combined man hours, electricity and processing power went into finding a solution in the past 2 to 3 years, and to my knowledge we still dont know who solved it.  Many attention seekers make the claim, but where is the proof. This means we do not know who moved p64 and we would resonably not know who moved a publicly exposed .dat file balance.  Imagine, it could be the actual owner or some bot.

Alberto, keep your guard up, hopefully members of the community who are capable of assisting in any legal framework will come forward to assist.  I say dont sweat it, the burden of proof is on the person making what seems to be conjecture stemming from their failure to successfully break into that wallet
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
December 04, 2022, 12:37:13 PM
I am writing to report that I have been subjected to harassment from a member of this community through email.

The person first contacted me via email, asking for my assistance in cracking a wallet. He did not disclose which wallet it was until he began saying that I move that balance.

The person sent me two signatures values (RSZ values), but he were unable to explain the relationship between the signatures or how they were generated.

As you may know, if the relationship between two signatures for the same public key is known, it is possible to recover the nonce and, subsequently, the private key.

However, this person did not provide any information about how the signatures were generated or how they were related to each other.

Initially, I believed that the individual was challenging me to solve a puzzle, as I enjoy solving such challenges.

As the conversation progressed, it became clear that the person was not knowledgeable about the subject he was discussing. I therefore decided to stop responding to their emails and set up a rule to automatically archive any future messages from him.

A few days later, the person began sending me personal messages through this forum, demanding that I give them their share of the wallet. At this point, I was unsure of what they were referring to, as he had previously not provided any information about the wallet in question. They also told me  urging me to check my email inbox, which it have multiple consecutive emails from him. Claiming the same.

I told him that i did not move any wallet, also that i don't know what he is talking about.

He start claming that i stolen "his" wallet. Before of this point he never mentions that it was his wallet.

The person has claimed to be the owner of a well-known wallet and he thinks that I transfer the balance of that wallet

There are several key facts to consider in this situation:

• The wallet in question was previously involved in a crypto-scandal.
  • The person has been unable to generate a signed message to prove his ownership of the wallet. This raises the question of why he claim that it is "his" wallet?
  • The wallet still has a significant balance on other blockchains (approximately 1.5 million USD). If I was motivated by greed, why would I not have taken the funds from those other chains? Becuase i didn't crack that wallet in first place.
  • It is impossible to determine whether the wallet file is genuine or fake. (This wallet also has a wallet.dat file available aroun the internet)
  • The wallet file is publicly available and is being sold on various websites. Many people was attempting to crack the wallet file using thousands of GPUs.
  • It seems impossible to change this person's mind. No matter what I say, he continue to believe that I transferred the wallet.

I have been a member of this community for over a year and a half, and I primarily engage with posts related to puzzles and challenges. I am also the developer of a CPU tool called keyhunt (For puzzles), which is widely used by many members of this community.

Due to my financial difficulties, I am barely able to make ends meet. The recent harassment I have been subjected to has made it difficult for me to sleep well, I have been depressed. I have been considering seeking legal assistance but also i heve been considering end with my life, why i should end my life if supposedly I'm already a millionaire?

I am writing this post in this community because it is home to many talented and intelligent individuals.

What should I do? Please help
Pages:
Jump to: