Pages:
Author

Topic: I Highly Suggest You Do NOT Use Cryptopia - page 4. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 11:55:56 AM
I totally agree with you, this is why I stopped using cryptopia and holding my coins there, once this exchange also get hacked, it will be done. There are lots of good alternatives.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 11:16:56 AM
What's with the exchange problems lately - first Bitgrail, then people report problems with HitBTC, now Cryptopia - who's next?
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
February 13, 2018, 11:07:17 AM
Strange.  I’ve had no issues with Topia and made a btc withdrawal just yesterday that took under an hour. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 10:33:09 AM
my withdrawal took me two days to proccess
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
February 13, 2018, 10:14:17 AM
I've been using Cryptopia recently and there were no problems. Huh I remember their support was quite fast too. I did have the same problem with HitBTC, I've been waiting for around 2 weeks for my deposit to arrive, also they've charged me a $50 deposit fee. Now I am checking twitter comments and topics here on the forum before making deposits to any exchange. All of them rob people all the time, support is useless, the future is behind decentralized exchanges anyway.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
February 13, 2018, 10:14:07 AM
Thanks man for the heads up. I have an account with them and used them few weeks ago without any problem but I guess I'm also quite lucky like you. I'd stay away from them for the time being until they resolve these issues. An article regarding their different wallets not being updated has been published in some website (let me check the link for it) and it appears that they are also unable to provide support in their wallets (regarding important updates). This is quite alarming and they should address this appropriately and accordingly.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
February 13, 2018, 10:04:56 AM
Is there any problem with cryptopia right now? Ive made a trade last month and it went fine. I dont know if they are having issues this week
Activity: 140
Merit: 13
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
February 13, 2018, 09:57:52 AM
You're right that there have been some serious issues with cryptopia lately, but at the end of the day they are a NZ registered organization so the liklihood of an exit scam is low.. unless the owner wants to fly off and retire in Thailand.
Activity: 161
Merit: 38
(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!
February 13, 2018, 09:56:57 AM
Cryptopia is not in a good place right now. I'd imagine they're having an overwhelming amount of new issues because, as you may know, their fiat funding just got cut.

Their main bank took them off suddenly. And Cryptopia had to scramble to make the announcement and give off some discounts in trading.

But yeah so they're suddenly getting used to crypto only, and their funding isn't there... so they're dealing with mass amounts of panic and withdrawals because people can't withdraw in fiat anymore.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have enough crypto to cover all the sudden crypto withdrawals en masse.

So it's basically a critical time. I'm glad I left cryptopia before the banking emergency came about. But I still have a little PBL there unfortunately.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 13, 2018, 09:44:53 AM
Cryptopia has been having a ton of issues lately, particularly with withdrawals. I tried withdrawing about 0.15 btc a few days ago, only for the dreaded "withdrawal processing" to come up on my account for about a day. I wondered why this was, since all of the other exchanges I use (bittrex, binance, kucoin) process withdrawals fairly quickly. Apparently I was not the only having issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/

I went on the reddit page and read multiple horror stories of how people haven't been able to withdraw their funds for weeks. I guess I was lucky to be able to withdraw after about a day. I've heard that they've also been having issues with their banking relationships.

It really scared me when I realized that my funds, might be stuck on the exchange for a long time, like it happened to many other people. I will never be using the exchange again. I highly advise others to not use Cryptopia either.
Pages:
Jump to: