Pages:
Author

Topic: I just have the best idea to help people and make BTC even bigger - page 2. (Read 5734 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
mmitech -
you should consider the approach i suggested last month.
make a POT of bitcoin donations and an organization that MEETS a certain criteria (doesn't have to be specifically UNISEF) who wants it will have access to it. that way when the pot grows BIG ENOUGH people will be all to eager to take it. (with stipulations like not being able to convert to fiat for 6 months or something)

making a charity will take a hell of a time to build a reputation, than you really need to have the knowledge where and how to help people, when I suggested UNICEF it wasn't a coincidence, UNICEF has been doing this for long time and they earned respect and legitimacy. this is why we need them and exactly them, or maybe an organisation as big as them.

think for the long term, this would be a great thing for people there in Africa, your 1 BTC could feed a family for 3 months at this price,r 0.01 BTC could feed a family for a day or two.

only the attempt to do that is something, and even if we wont succeed will  this bring us widely to media in a positive way, if they will accept it is even better.  

you didn't understand what i was saying.
i meant that getting a large pot of coins (not starting a charity)
and then donating the whole pot to whichever organization (unicef or other) that meets certain criteria set up
so it could be set on certain parameters and whichever charity that meets the criteria requests the bitcoins would get a nice giant pot of coins
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
We contacted most of the majors. They either said no or didn't respond. Good idea though; so good in fact its already been done!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
Op why don't you contact Bruno (Phinnaeus Gage) at Bitcoin100 and donate your 2 btc?

you are really missing the point here , I can donate my 2 BTC right now, but we want to do it massive for a good cause to bring the media attention. it is a win-win case, my 2 BTC wont change the silk road picture and money laundry and.... that people have about BTC

I just realized that you don't know what Bitcoin100 is: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-100-developed-specifically-for-non-profits-52543

12-Mar-21 Group B Strep Inter.. - ฿127.35400000
12-Jul-20 Kenija2012.net        - ฿100.00000000
12-Dec-14 BUND Berlin e.V.      - ฿100.54164468
13-Jan-02 My Refuge House       - ฿100.00000000

TOTAL  - ฿427.89564468
i do not know a single charity of those listed!! you get my point now ?

edit: but thank you, I did not know of that thread, I will consider donating there as well.
legendary
Op why don't you contact Bruno (Phinnaeus Gage) at Bitcoin100 and donate your 2 btc?

you are really missing the point here , I can donate my 2 BTC right now, but we want to do it massive for a good cause to bring the media attention. it is a win-win case, my 2 BTC wont change the silk road picture and money laundry and.... that people have about BTC

I just realized that you don't know what Bitcoin100 is: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-100-developed-specifically-for-non-profits-52543
legendary
mmitech -
make a POT of bitcoin donations and an organization that MEETS a certain criteria (doesn't have to be specifically UNISEF) who wants it will have access to it. that way when the pot grows BIG ENOUGH people will be all to eager to take it. (with stipulations like not being able to convert to fiat for 6 months or something)

making a charity will take a hell of a time to build a reputation, than you really need to have the knowledge where and how to help people, when I suggested UNICEF it wasn't a coincidence, UNICEF has been doing this for long time and they earned respect and legitimacy. this is why we need them and exactly them, or maybe an organisation as big as them.

think for the long term, this would be a great thing for people there in Africa, your 1 BTC could feed a family for 3 months at this price,r 0.01 BTC could feed a family for a day or two.

only the attempt to do that is something, and even if we wont succeed will  this bring us widely to media in a positive way, if they will accept it is even better.  
Activity: 546
How about setting up a KickStarter. Collect pledges. Offer the final amount to Unicef, providing they continue to accept donations with bitcoins.
How could they refuse?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I couldnt focus on anything other than all the "allot" in OP...

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm not a native english speaker. Next time I'll get it right.

Hopefully you can resolve your focusing problem someday too Tongue
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I couldnt focus on anything other than all the "allot" in OP...
legendary

mmitech -
legendary
people everywhere are more than willing to accept a currency if it will help their pocketbook or their cause. the real problem is not spending or accepting, it's getting it in the first place. people will only use bitcoin if its less than 3 clicks away. that's where things like bitcoin atm 's come into play.

Got me thinking: What if 1% of every Bitcoin purchased through an ATM would be automatically donated to UNICEF, and if this would be clearly stated on every Bitcoin ATM?

That would NOT increase the cost of Bitcoins by much
That would associate good cause with Bitcoin (which is needed to compensate for / decommission the association with drugs and illegal causes)
That would give the media more positive stories to write about
That would strengthen the public support for Bitcoins ATMs and therefore make them more difficult for regulators to ban
That would help a good cause ALLOT eventually

Opinions?

there you go, we need people to think this way, this is another option as well
Activity: 22
1BTC if you get Unicef to accept BTC on their website
legendary
I already contacted UNICEF on behalf of Bitcoin100 and they didn't want to accept btc even with no exchange fee or processing difficulties.

you maybe did as individual, but we will do it as a group of people, they will have to accept it, just think about it , if we go massively they wont be able to refuse, such a big organisation will lose trust if it gets a decent amount of donation and refuses.

I know that there is some individuals who did try before, but if we go all at once they will have to accept it, otherwise we will bring the media attention to that either ways.

I really have a good felling about this, and I know that allot of people out there would like to help, I am just asking you to give your word here and we will manage somehow to get to them.
legendary
people everywhere are more than willing to accept a currency if it will help their pocketbook or their cause. the real problem is not spending or accepting, it's getting it in the first place. people will only use bitcoin if its less than 3 clicks away. that's where things like bitcoin atm 's come into play.

Got me thinking: What if 1% of every Bitcoin purchased through an ATM would be automatically donated to UNICEF, and if this would be clearly stated on every Bitcoin ATM?

That would NOT increase the cost of Bitcoins by much
That would associate good cause with Bitcoin (which is needed to compensate for / decommission the association with drugs and illegal causes)
That would give the media more positive stories to write about
That would strengthen the public support for Bitcoins ATMs and therefore make them more difficult for regulators to ban
That would help a good cause ALLOT eventually

Opinions?

NO! it's not a donation if it's mandated - it's called a fee. then how would we get a consensus on where that fee would be going to?
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
So what specifically do you want to do?

I would suggest contacting Unicef to see if they have an interest in this, offering to help them gather BTC donations and implement the required changes on their web-site.

Good idea, hope you can push forward with it.

legendary
A long time ago I contacted UNICEF on behalf of Bitcoin100 and they didn't want to accept btc even with no exchange fee or processing difficulties.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
It's projects like these that can help combat some of the negative press out there.  Not saying this is the exact way or not, but I agree something charitable, in a BIG way, needs to come out of the Bitcoin community.  

It's benefits are just limitless for Bitcoin and for humanity.  Its a win-win, thus it's a no brainer.
i suggested something similar (except going to higher education)
the responses are good for all these idea.. but, we need people to actually put their BTC on the line..
Activity: 35
Why would they bother do that?
If people wanna donate, they can give usd, euros or whatsoever.

Btc will never help to buy any supply / workers to be there / and so on. That will just be a pain in the ass for them.

as long as it is free it wont be any problem for them, and yes people will massively donate coins even if it is 0.001 it is something for them , this will bring us widly to media=> more attention => more people will know about BTC => bring attentions to investors => new adopters => more value to BTC.

you just missed the point 

great thinking Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: