Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost over 80k because i sold too early (newbie mistake) - page 59. (Read 4418 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
A while ago i went all in ZClassic and bought about 365 Coins when the price was about 2$ per coin, but i decided to sell a couple of days after.
Two weeks later zclassic mooned and i could make about 80k now.

i learned my lesson in the hard way..

If you held any altcoin and you just stuck with it, pretty much you'd have made a profit by now.

The entire crypto market cap has been going up drastically over the past year. And honestly, this is what speculation should be like. If you believe in a single crypto going up, then you should hold it until it does go up.

Don't sell early just because nothing is happening, because that's usually when everyone else is doing nothing and the coin isn't hyped yet. That's the best time to buy and hold, instead of sell.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
I'm sorry for you but but such things always happen. You still have to look ahead and you can learn something from this. You know what to do when things like this happen again. This market has a one rule : Never sell cheaper than the price level that you bought. I hope everything goes well.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
A while ago i went all in ZClassic and bought about 365 Coins when the price was about 2$ per coin, but i decided to sell a couple of days after.

It happens all the time. I'm sure everyone has sold to early at some point. Next time HODL and forgetaboutit!
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

I’m pretty sure that you sold at a higher price after two days from your purchase. You actually gained something here. So the word "lost" is not applicable in this case since you never sold anything at a lower price. What you meant though is that you missed on the chance of gaining bigger profit due to you selling too early (which you stated). So don’t think you lost anything, coz you didn’t. You are correct, this is one major mistake you must learn from.
Activity: 32
Don't regret it. If you sell than don't look back. Make a final decision and just forget it.
We all could make big money if you see that way.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
I have also had similar experience with some coins i bought. I sold too early and right in my presence, these coins were mooning. I could not buy back,because i knew i would not have enough coins i had initially. I also learnt a big lesson here.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 250
Now think that your bad experience is a good lesson for you. Study projects and buy new coins and everything will be fine.
Activity: 103
I feel you man. That's why you gotta HODL. currently HODLing ITC. Could've sold it when it hit $9, but planning on selling in a few years and making a ton. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
I don't get it why people saying he didn't lose it. Of course he did lose the opportunity to make $80k. if he had hold few more days, he could have make fortune. Well that's hard way to learn, i have been experience same thing with ADA. Sold at 0.05 cents everything, and after 5 days boom. pumped to 0.30 cents. it hurts but there is always next opportunity.
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
Have been in your shoe in many occasions, learned my lessons and still learning more. It pays to be patient with any coin that seems to have a great potential to increase in value. I don't panic sell anymore.
Activity: 85
Things like this are normal in crypto. If you are not a trader, it is really hard to let go of your coins and the "good thing" about selling is prices pumps up more after you sold it all! That's probably I keep holding my coins and never sell them at all  Grin Just like what others are saying mistakes are good thing for us to have experience. They serve as a lesson so that we won't be doing the same mistakes over and over again.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
It's normal situation and you didn't lose anything. All you did — sold your tokens too early, but it was your choice. You know, you can say that "I lost winning lottery ticker, but it hasn't included 3 winning numbers". You buy, you sell, you earn or lose . It is the market, where somebody is earning, while others are losing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

As mentioned. You have not lost anything. You just learned something. Something similar happened to me with NEO. I do not feel like I have lost however. Just keep on researching and learning Smiley
Activity: 1064
Merit: 522
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Experience is the most expensive information that can be bought. I am sorry for you. I hope you will not do the same again.
Activity: 294
Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

My advice is that, just think about the future. If you always complain about the past, you can never reach good successes in the future by trading with cryptocurrencies. So, just try to make better choices. Good luck!
Activity: 75
How can you say you lost $80,000 when you didn't have any Zclassic when the price spiked? You didn't lose anything.

That's like saying you lost $50,000,000 because you didn't buy a lottery ticket that might have won.

In any case, there are plenty of other moonshot opportunities, just invest $500 each into the top 10 promising candidates, you only need one to succeed to recoup your investment and more.
if not everyone might have gone through this, is no news on this space. Be patient next time
Activity: 210
You did not lose $80k but you did lose a good opportunity to make thousands of dollars if you really did yoir research,ZCL has some big news to come that is why it is being pumped,surely you arent checking each fundamentals of the coins you are holding that is why you missed this trade and her you are posting here .
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
I feel bad for you, although you didn't lose any money, you lost out on a big opportunity. To make yourself feel better you need to do the same for a super coin with huge potential. One suggestion is TLX which is a telegram AI bot token that just listed on yobit last week. Currently <10 cents with 20m supply, you know this will go 10x easily!
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Sucks man.. I think a lot people here have some kind of story like that. If you don't really need all the money you've putten into a coin, I would suggest never selling everything at once. (With exceptions like if it turns out to be a scam lol)

If you've made some profit, you could sell some so you have your investment (and maybe a bit more) back and keep the rest, or just keep a very small bag in case it suddenly moons. Selling everything can be painful if it does start mooning.. however if that happens just try not to think about it too much and move on.. there's many more projects like it that you could be concerning yourself about.
Activity: 210
How did you lose money ? if you didnt risk anything? you didnt lose it,but you really lost a good opportunity to earn big but do not be worried because we almost have the same experience,its the newbie's common mistake of not checking the upcoming news that is why we need borth technical and fundamentals analysis.
Pages:
Jump to: