Pages:
Author

Topic: I might start selling bitcoin for Paypal, call me crazy - page 2. (Read 2777 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
This is massively popular on the darknet and if you want to abide by the TOS, ship a postcard as the physical product
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Great to see some replies, I've been a bit busy recently. Currently I have not enough time to start this project, but I'll get back to this in month or less. I am going to start with transfers of less than 0.1 BTC and hopefully build my trust level on the way.

Seen it advertised and was curious to see if it worked. Are you up and running now?
Activity: 12
Yes, so it is forbidden by Paypal ToS right?

I do not believe it is. Paypal even responded to me something like "you are allowed to trade Bitcoins however we can not provide buyers or sellers protection to digital products".

"are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item,"
This is probably the reason why Paypal "hates" the miner preorder sellers and most of their "hate" is due chargebacks and not understanding the concept of BTC.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
What makes you say that Bitcoin is a commodity and not a currency?
I am not sure that Paypal thinks the same way.

It is both; sort of like how light can behave as both a series a particles and a wave: depending how you set up your experiment.

Yes, so it is forbidden by Paypal ToS right?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.

It is both; sort of like how light can behave as both a series of particles and a wave: depending how you set up your experiment.
Activity: 252
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.

Damn right he was! Small amounts at first, but paypal might accept blockchain as a reliable verification at some point in the future. I actually sent Paypal an email inquiring their policies, but they seemed rather neutral. If someone finds a ToC saying virtual currency trading is not allowed, I'd be happy to see it.

Bitcoin is not a virtual currency: those are issued and backed by a specific issuer. Linden Dollars and Facebook credit, and Q-coins (or whatever QQ calls it) are virtual currencies. China bans using virtual currencies to buy real-world goods, but not Bitcoin.

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that: ... 3(f) are associated with the following Money Service Business activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency exchanges...

But it is not a currency, it is a commodity!

PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as set out in 6 above and detailed in the chart below. ... dealing in jewels, precious metals and stones; acting as a money transmitter or selling stored value cards...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I think that it is a good idea because there is a demand for that ...
But you should be very careful and do not deal with everyone.
Activity: 12
Great to see some replies, I've been a bit busy recently. Currently I have not enough time to start this project, but I'll get back to this in month or less. I am going to start with transfers of less than 0.1 BTC and hopefully build my trust level on the way.

i guy on uk ebay sells bitcoin you get sent a bit of paper with a code (tracked post) then you have to email him the number on the card send him your wallet details then he put funds into your account.
I've seen people on ebay selling a something like a penny with the bitcoin used as a bonus then ships them the penny with tracking.  Anyone know if that has been working?
My initial idea was something like this: send a username and password to and account containing the bitcoins with tracking information. At the same time I could send the info to buyer and paypal would give me sellers protection. This method is a bit too time consuming and not reliable enough, though.

hey ill buy some from you right now...
Yeah! I'll get back to this later when I have more time for this. I'll post a thread in some more relevant subforum and inform this thread, too.

I bought BTC via Paypal twice... Paid a pretty high premium too. Too bad this community is full with scammers.
My premium would be 10-20%. Does that seem too much to make a deal? This community is kinda flooded with opportunists and paranoid people.

Dude, I think technically Van Gogh *was* crazy! :-)
As for your scheme, it might work with small amounts, but once the amounts get bigger it might fail.  Very common for business schemes to not be "scalable".
Damn right he was! Small amounts at first, but paypal might accept blockchain as a reliable verification at some point in the future. I actually sent Paypal an email inquiring their policies, but they seemed rather neutral. If someone finds a ToC saying virtual currency trading is not allowed, I'd be happy to see it.

This has allready be donne www.bitonic.nl with ideal.
Not understand language. German?
Activity: 17
This has allready be donne www.bitonic.nl with ideal.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
The only way I know of preventing a chargeback is to force the person to chargeback and cancel it.

PayPal doesn't allow you to chargeback a second time on the same transaction.

This bears repeating...

Can anyone more experienced with Paypal verify this?
It only mean internally Paypal will not assist a buyer who did a dispute and then canceled it or in other words said seller corrected what ever he was initially disputing.  In no way does it somehow magically protect the seller if the payment source turns out to be fraudulent.  The issue is that the modern financial system is a full recourse system when it come to fraud.  Nothing is irreversible.  Bitcoin is the exact opposite and therefore very incompatible.  On the practical side OP is in a situation where fraud prevention takes effort and resources and thus raises the cost of bitcoins sold which in turn of course only attracts the scammers since a regular customer is price sensitive and a scammer is not.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
I sell BTC for PayPal on another forum, to highly trusted members. It always works out fine for me.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Never use Paypal when it comes to virtual product. Paypal won't help you if you get scammed.
Activity: 378
Never use Paypal when it comes to virtual product. Paypal won't help you if you get scammed.

yes its one of most dangrous pay system in term to sell by paypal you must burned out after this Sad
Activity: 280
Selling Bitcoin for Pay-Pal is a big no no. Good luck.

What about buying? I get desperate sometimes... Huh
Activity: 169
Selling Bitcoin for Pay-Pal is a big no no. Good luck.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
goodluck not getting scammed. you're crazy
i bought with pay pay twice TODAY, scammed BOTH TIMES TODAY. fucking scum around here.

How you got scammed? I mean since you are the buyer...

i sent payment to both of them, i already made disputes but its just such a pain in the ass.

Son of a gun! I didn't realize you could get scammed for buying with Paypal! I always assumed it was the other way around... So if the risk is both ways, then I've been getting scammed by paying twice as much, thinking that the seller is assuming all the risk? Well I'll be damned!
I bought BTC via Paypal twice... Paid a pretty high premium too. Too bad this community is full with scammers.

How much prermium did you pay for it

Damn near twice as what they're worth! Usually I use BTC quick, but when they're out, I have to resort to localbitcoins. I've used Virwox many times and paid with Paypal, but the limits are really low and they cap you everyday. I'm a platinum member at BTC Quick, so just waiting to get my hands on some more mula. I'm able to purchase up to 2k per day with them.. and I've done it many of times. Hell, I'm broke now - which is why I'm selling my miners  Cry
Activity: 4
Things would be a lot less complicated if people would just use bitcoins already....for everything....stupid fiat money. lol if i were to carry cash, it feels no different really than what the spartans carrying around those heavy bars for currency would have felt.....and i feel used....
Pages:
Jump to: