Pages:
Author

Topic: I might start selling bitcoin for Paypal, call me crazy - page 3. (Read 2777 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I bought BTC via Paypal twice... Paid a pretty high premium too. Too bad this community is full with scammers.

How much prermium did you pay for it
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
The only way I know of preventing a chargeback is to force the person to chargeback and cancel it.

PayPal doesn't allow you to chargeback a second time on the same transaction.
PayPal has no control over chargebacks. They never allow or disallow them. They just happen and PayPal responds to them. Perhaps you're confusing a chargeback with a dispute?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-faq
"A chargeback, also known as a reversal, is when a buyer asks their credit card issuer to reverse a transaction after it has been completed. It is available only to users who make a payment funded by their credit or debit card."
Activity: 4
Lol I dont know if paypal has changed their view of bitcoin yet.  Seems like yesterday people having any association with bitcoin and paypal were gettn hammared....read about it anyway...not only that youd send someone the btc, and they open a dispute saying they never got it and try to make you give their money back... I think the ebay sellers had a rough time with it origionally.
Activity: 15
sell bitcoin through paypal is quick and dirty lol
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
PayPal and Bitcoin do not mix.

One has irreversible transactions, the other says the merchant may never get paid in the Terms of Service.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

EDIT: people called Van Gogh crazy, too!

Dude, I think technically Van Gogh *was* crazy! :-)

As for your scheme, it might work with small amounts, but once the amounts get bigger it might fail.  Very common for business schemes to not be "scalable".

TonyT
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
The only way I know of preventing a chargeback is to force the person to chargeback and cancel it.

PayPal doesn't allow you to chargeback a second time on the same transaction.

This bears repeating...

Can anyone more experienced with Paypal verify this?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
i bought with pay pay twice TODAY, scammed BOTH TIMES TODAY. fucking scum around here.

How you got scammed? I mean since you are the buyer...

i sent payment to both of them, i already made disputes but its just such a pain in the ass.
Activity: 476
i bought with pay pay twice TODAY, scammed BOTH TIMES TODAY. fucking scum around here.

How you got scammed? I mean since you are the buyer...
Hell?
I bought BTC via Paypal twice... Paid a pretty high premium too. Too bad this community is full with scammers.

Activity: 89
Merit: 14
Hi,

I have invented a pretty good method to prevent chargebacks and unauthorized accounts. It involves tracking for seller protection and advanced "scam the scammer"-method. This account is created solely to promote the idea and try the system with small amounts.

This program is going to advance slowly, though.

Crazy or not, it sounds rather risky... good luck. Don't sell more (at once) than you're willing to lose / or that you can't make back easily in a few weeks.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I've seen people on ebay selling a something like a penny with the bitcoin used as a bonus then ships them the penny with tracking.  Anyone know if that has been working?
Hell?
hey ill buy some from you right now...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Let me know when you do. I'd definitely buy some from you on day 1...and not scam you.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Hi,

I have invented a pretty good method to prevent chargebacks and unauthorized accounts. It involves tracking for seller protection and advanced "scam the scammer"-method. This account is created solely to promote the idea and try the system with small amounts.

This program is going to advance slowly, though.

You ARE crazy.
Paypal hates bitcoin, but oh, yeah, they'll definitely protect you.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It wil eventually fail because Paypal will ban you.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Dadice Fixed Rate.
If your right, you might make fortune.
But when PayPal notice you trading BTC, they close your account  Smiley
Activity: 596
Merit: 10
i guy on uk ebay sells bitcoin you get sent a bit of paper with a code (tracked post) then you have to email him the number on the card send him your wallet details then he put funds into your account.

i also have been buying 0.1 at a time with paypal off there i just pay, send the guy my wallet number and he puts funds into it, simple as that.
Activity: 294
You're crazy :S
Pages:
Jump to: