Pages:
Author

Topic: I need a moderator please I have received fake feedback from TradeFortress - page 3. (Read 3778 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Surely if you have "evidence" that netzwerg account has been sold to a phishing ring, you would be free to post this evidence here? This would be more damning to the phishing ring (and netzwerg) than your basisless, unsubstantiated claims that you have put out so far...

They can't be publicly disclosed at this stage. This is much more complex than it looks like.

Here's something I can disclose that should give you more background - this is a PM from a 2012 member:

A while back these guys contacted me and offered me BTC to create a script that would 'browse' the forum for 4 hours and make automated posts, eventually I posted on an account briefly, that was all of my involvement they stopped contacting me after payment. I had nothing to do with the phishing or hacking or whatever else these people did.

Internal chat logs of this ring:

who's [redacted]?
we hired him a while ago to make the mass bitcointalk account creating script and he posted on a sock for a while
thats the nick I was trying to find! I grilled [redacted2] earlier, all he knows is that [redacted] is connected, he could be a risk, I dont think it warrants eyes on [redacted] through
confirmed, [redacted] knows nothing, other than the fact we create and operate lots of alts
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Surely if you have "evidence" that netzwerg account has been sold to a phishing ring, you would be free to post this evidence here? This would be more damning to the phishing ring (and netzwerg) than your basisless, unsubstantiated claims that you have put out so far... Even if it were slightly redacted (names for example), and then the unredacted evidence could be sent to the mods/admins as appropriate.

At the moment, I hate to say it, but it sounds like something could happen to anyone; have their account tagged as "sold to a phishing ring" by another member, then Tradefortress and his cronys will all give you a negative trust rating with no explanation.

I am just playing advocate here, obviously I am not privy to any of the "evidence" collected, nor to netzwerg and his actions... Just when you feel like it is something that could happen to you, then you will speak up.

Or else, I am just being played by netzwerg, who is doing a poor job of sneakily buying a trusted account and trying to phish for info, in which case, TF et. al. I thank you for looking out for me and others on here, even if you appear to be playing judge and jury (but not quite executioner) Smiley
This.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Surely if you have "evidence" that netzwerg account has been sold to a phishing ring, you would be free to post this evidence here? This would be more damning to the phishing ring (and netzwerg) than your basisless, unsubstantiated claims that you have put out so far... Even if it were slightly redacted (names for example), and then the unredacted evidence could be sent to the mods/admins as appropriate.

At the moment, I hate to say it, but it sounds like something could happen to anyone; have their account tagged as "sold to a phishing ring" by another member, then Tradefortress and his cronys will all give you a negative trust rating with no explanation.

I am just playing advocate here, obviously I am not privy to any of the "evidence" collected, nor to netzwerg and his actions... Just when you feel like it is something that could happen to you, then you will speak up.

Or else, I am just being played by netzwerg, who is doing a poor job of sneakily buying a trusted account and trying to phish for info, in which case, TF et. al. I thank you for looking out for me and others on here, even if you appear to be playing judge and jury (but not quite executioner) Smiley
* whiskers75 take it to PM....

something dark is happening here  Shocked

spot the secret message
vip
👻
You didn't share your sources, though. Turns out, we figured out why. Don't do it again.

I'd like to hear it privately because my sources do not involve phishing as you suggest.
vip
👻
I'd prefer if you are less cryptic, and most of my information were shared with certain global moderators and theymos specially. It's hard to find who to trust.

(For one, I have actual evidence in the form of BitMessages which should be verifiable with cryptography but it's still uncharted territory)

I wouldn't listen much to scotaloo, they are responsible basicasics at one point.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I apologize for not being able to publicly disclose the evidence or the sources. However, the people with an appropriate need to know (ie not the peanut gallery) has already been notified.
No, we haven't.
All information in this message are from my sources who I trust.
We have no evidence. We have little information. On the contrary, my sources say something different about you...

Edit:
TradeFortress, while we respect what you did, if you ever go about it the way you did again, you're gone. No exceptions. No, I won't elaborate further since you already know what I'm talking about.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
False. I am not under Tomatocage's trust, I was put under theymos' trust when TF was removed from DefaultTrust. All of the people he trusted were placed under theymos, probably to prevent a collapse where a lot of scammers had their negative ratings removed.

Yeah I did mistake as I have removed DefaultTrust from my settings, you are correct you are under theymos Trust list.

I was able to see your ratings because theymos was in tomatocage's trust list.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
False. I am not under Tomatocage's trust, I was put under theymos' trust when TF was removed from DefaultTrust. All of the people he trusted were placed under theymos, probably to prevent a collapse where a lot of scammers had their negative ratings removed.

I take offense to the fact you say "this 15 year old", as if my age makes me immature in some way. Not really, as you can probably tell if you bothered to look through my posting history.

I could also give more of a shit that I am on your ignore list, Goat. We done here?

This ring of phishers and hackers/scammers have been trying to extort me for info for the whole of yesterday, give me a fucking break. Of course I want them to be taken down.

In case you haven't realized, the OP is part of this ring. The account was sold to the ring.
legendary
Activity: 1274
He isn't, he's just a mite annoying sometimes.

On topic: Close this thread, it's done.

Who trusted him, or was it theymos directly?

I'd like to know why he was trusted.

Theymos doesn't trust him.

He's in Tomatocage's Trust list and Tomatocage is in theymos's trust list and "DefaultTrust" List.

Who trusted him, or was it theymos directly?

I'd like to know why he was trusted.
He's done some work in helping identify scammers, that's why.

Diamond Catz? DiamondCardz!

If anyone, I should replace his position on DefaultTrust... then again, I don't do deals etc
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
What I find odd about all this is that "Diamond Catz" or whatever is a default trusted guy on Theymos's list, yet this 15 year old is on my ignore list for some reason.

Very odd. Best to just ignore the whole trust system I guess.
Mods can't IP check or remove false trust ratings, only theymos can do that.

That is not true. Any admin can do it.

mod != admin
Also, the whole point of the trust system is so that you cannot remove others' ratings.
If someone rates poorly, they will not be trusted.
(On a side note, I wonder if anyone trusts me)
legendary
Activity: 966
Keep it real
Mods can't IP check or remove false trust ratings, only theymos can do that.
vip
👻
I apologize for not being able to publicly disclose the evidence or the sources. However, the people with an appropriate need to know (ie not the peanut gallery) has already been notified.

It appears that other investigative efforts have also uncovered the same thing. Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have been contacted by a friend, he has proof that the netzwerg account that has been used for shady things. I told him to contact a mod.

Good, please do that or if you ask him if he can post any information here in the thread it would be better.

Also mods please check this persons IP with the one of TradeFortress or DiamondCardz
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I have been contacted by a friend, he has proof that the netzwerg account that has been used for shady things. I told him to contact a mod.
Pages:
Jump to: