Pages:
Author

Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it? - page 10. (Read 26238 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
Same thinking.

@OP
I Personally kept buying and selling daily locally without touching live trading platforms, I got loss by selling coins in cheap sometimes when prices went down, but the profit I got was solid.

If you don't wanna wait for prices to go up, count your losses right now and buy and sell coins till you break even.

Let's say you bought 10 coins at 690
690*10= 6900
230*10= 2300 (current price)
Loss=4600
Now If you have bought and sold 10 coins daily at 2$ profit per coin margin it would have taken 230 days to recover your loss and that means approx 7 months maximum. Anything above 2$ would have been your profit.

Nah, I'm not a good trader... how the fuck am I gonna guarantee constant $2 profits?

I'm gonna hold, even if it takes 3-5 years for me to get in the green. If bitcoin is still in the 200s after 5 years.... then fuck everyone and everything

I actually disagree that it was unnatural, my experience in the auction industry is something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it on that day.

In late 2013, Bitcoin WAS worth $1000. You can argue willy bot pushed it up there, but everyone was eager to buy it at that price and ALSO eager to sell it at that price. It's not like the rest of the crypto markets had to follow the madness on Gox, the free market decided that was what the price was. I can stand on the auction block and offer to sell you a can of coke for $1,000 but if no one is willing to buy it, it's not worth $1,000.

What I fear more is if Bitcoin doesn't catch up the value soon it will fade out of existence. People will argue Bitcoin is still in its infancy but 7 years is a LONG time in the technological world when you consider companies like Apple and Microsoft became billion dollar corporations and were changing the world before everyones eyes in just the first few years of their existence and the evolution from the first dial-up internet BBS to the WWW as we know it was a rather rapid transition as well. Don't forget the fast rise of Google, Facebook, & Twitter as well. It needs to do something to convince the average person "This is what I need to have in my life" soon or else people will move on to something else.

You know Apple was around since the 70s right? They did not get popular until the 90s when they came out with the iPod and iTunes.... and this is besides the point. All these tech companies you are mentioning are COMPANIES. Bitcoin is MONEY.... it's a lot more complicated than some social media myspace ripoff like Facebook. These companies have marketing and advertisement, anyone can use facebook/google/twitter for free; bitcoin requires money, it's risky, it's complicated, there's a barrier for entry, it's not a product with immediate benefits in the western world..... there are so many other reasons why your logic is flawed. I hate it when people make this comparison, sorry mate I don't buy it
legendary
dafar consulting
It will make it, the only question is how long will it take.
Some people are calling for it to take years, while others are calling for it much sooner.
If you have some patience I'm sure you can wait it out and it wont take that long.
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

We have already waited so long, I hope it doesn't take another year or two

That sudden increase to 1k wasn't natural, I doubt we'll seen it in a few years. I'm calling no more than $400 by the end of this year.
I still have a unfortunate feeling that we'll stay around $225-$255 for a lengthy period of time.

Me too, I don't feel like we'll go over $400 this year and will probably stay in the 200's for a while. But the $1200 peak was not because of Willy, lets get that shit out of the way, it was a drop in the bucket. Maybe the ATH was not natural, but the market cap at that point was only about $12B... should bitcoin have a much higher market cap?
legendary
Activity: 1246
That sudden increase to 1k wasn't natural, I doubt we'll seen it in a few years. I'm calling no more than $400 by the end of this year.
I still have a unfortunate feeling that we'll stay around $225-$255 for a lengthy period of time.

I actually disagree that it was unnatural, my experience in the auction industry is something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it on that day.

In late 2013, Bitcoin WAS worth $1000. You can argue willy bot pushed it up there, but everyone was eager to buy it at that price and ALSO eager to sell it at that price. It's not like the rest of the crypto markets had to follow the madness on Gox, the free market decided that was what the price was. I can stand on the auction block and offer to sell you a can of coke for $1,000 but if no one is willing to buy it, it's not worth $1,000.

What I fear more is if Bitcoin doesn't catch up the value soon it will fade out of existence. People will argue Bitcoin is still in its infancy but 7 years is a LONG time in the technological world when you consider companies like Apple and Microsoft became billion dollar corporations and were changing the world before everyones eyes in just the first few years of their existence and the evolution from the first dial-up internet BBS to the WWW as we know it was a rather rapid transition as well. Don't forget the fast rise of Google, Facebook, & Twitter as well. It needs to do something to convince the average person "This is what I need to have in my life" soon or else people will move on to something else.

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Some people are calling for it to take years, while others are calling for it much sooner.
If you have some patience I'm sure you can wait it out and it wont take that long.
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

I reckon it was a mixture of bot action and out of control hype. It will happen again, and I don't think 225-255 is bad. It means we can buy Bitcoin cheaper for a longer time and get ready for the next level in pumps. Next time it will be huge.
Activity: 826
If anyone thought that 1k mark was natural, then they are lost with awareness.

But, by now I`m pretty sure the op, has come to a closure on the price point way before when it started decline to the price as of today.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

Same thinking.

@OP
I Personally kept buying and selling daily locally without touching live trading platforms, I got loss by selling coins in cheap sometimes when prices went down, but the profit I got was solid.

If you don't wanna wait for prices to go up, count your losses right now and buy and sell coins till you break even.

Let's say you bought 10 coins at 690
690*10= 6900
230*10= 2300 (current price)
Loss=4600
Now If you have bought and sold 10 coins daily at 2$ profit per coin margin it would have taken 230 days to recover your loss and that means approx 7 months maximum. Anything above 2$ would have been your profit.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

legendary
dafar consulting
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
You are what you eat. PIZZA!
Good luck to you.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
If it will not get overtaken by some next gen thing that gets really popular and will be build on top of the existing blockchain or so.. I am beginning to doubt BTC will reach such highs on its own..
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Will I make it?

To answer your question, in my opinion, most likely not. Bitcoin has been hovering around the $220-$260 area for quite a while now, and it's going to take a huge amount of luck to even get into $300's+ again.

Wow, bitcoin surpassing a mere $5billion market cap is going to take a huge amount of luck? It must be a total failure then
Yeah lol. Anyone that isn't thinking 100+ billion marketcap is just not taking Bitcoin as serious as they should. An app like Uber has 40 billion market cap ffs. If Bitcoin becomes mainstream, that would be a good estimate for starters, and later on, it could reach the trillions.

which is the infamous 5k-10k target that all are waiting for, but i still hope, that bitcoin won't stop there, and get even bigger, i'll not be satisfied until it can be used like any other fiat money, with everyone and everywhere, maybe  also taking the place of one of those fiat
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Will I make it?

To answer your question, in my opinion, most likely not. Bitcoin has been hovering around the $220-$260 area for quite a while now, and it's going to take a huge amount of luck to even get into $300's+ again.

Wow, bitcoin surpassing a mere $5billion market cap is going to take a huge amount of luck? It must be a total failure then
Yeah lol. Anyone that isn't thinking 100+ billion marketcap is just not taking Bitcoin as serious as they should. An app like Uber has 40 billion market cap ffs. If Bitcoin becomes mainstream, that would be a good estimate for starters, and later on, it could reach the trillions.
legendary
dafar consulting
Will I make it?

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Too many doubts and crucial moments happening as we speak. Don't expect a big uptrend on the price for at least 1 and a half year. Later on, it will reach ATH again for sure, and double it minimum.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Will I make it?

yes sure you will make it.. Smiley
in late november it gussed to happen..till then hold your back..
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Coming back, will likely not happen in 2015 but in 2016, as I had predicted wrongly earlier. By end of 2015, its going to be under 1000.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Will I make it?

thy
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
Will I make it?
Yes i believe so. Hard to say exactly when btcprice will start to rise against the fiat currencys again, it could be a month or it could be a year until we see 1000+usd/btc, i doubt that it will take much longer that that.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Will I make it?

Well as mentioned it does depend significantly on the China because of the volumes involved. Bitcoin was $1200 once, and the best predictions indicate a value around $1000 in the next 3 years or so.
In any case, you could wait it out for a few years, probably the best bet.

The volume in China does not matter as the trading fee is 0% for big exchanges there.

What does the trading fee has to do when it comes to controlling 25% btc in circulation. They do have a huge effect.

They have more than 25% control of the bitcoin in circulation as fas as I knew, but yeh the volume coming from there is not only because of the apparent 0% fee. How do the exchanges make money? Withdrawals and deposits? Would be good to trade there for 0% as we did at stamp for awhile that had a slight increase in volume. OP if you haven't already you need to have been averaging down and that would be easy to get that back on the next small bubble to 300s.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
Nobody can grantee that, but I'm sure of that... Bitcoin will break $1000 barrier, it's just a matter of time (1-3 years). In this timeline we'll see a lot of price variations.

It will break $1000 in less then a year. It will not stay there. But for sure will get there at some point.

That's not a fact though, it's an opinion. Will it for sure break $1,000 in less than a year? No. If Bitcoin became obsolete a month from now due to a much better alternative, it might never reach $1,000, or it could just take longer than expected. Not to mention that if it does break $1,000 it may well stay there.

If $1,000 was guaranteed a year from now, Bitcoin would be at least $900 or so since its present value would be $1,000 - (time value of money for 1 year).

Bitcoin will not get any close to obsolete in next 3 years from any better alternative.  Only option is that there come to some terrible flaw in protocol. That is only way Bitcoin gets obsolete in one year time.

There are experts looking for bugs daily, tons of them. If any major flaw was there it would have occurred before. The protocol is rock solid, at this point is just not something worth worrying, so is a potential coin deprecating BTC anytime soon.
Pages:
Jump to: