Pages:
Author

Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it? - page 14. (Read 26238 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Late 2015, early 2016 you'll get even.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Maybe in 2015 summer it will hit : 500$ or more but for the moment I don't think 690$ is easy
Maybe after the summer BTC price will drop again ...
why do you think bitcoin will up again in summer 2015?
any upcoming special event happen at that time? bitcoin ETF?
Activity: 309
Maybe in 2015 summer it will hit : 500$ or more but for the moment I don't think 690$ is easy
Maybe after the summer BTC price will drop again ...
Activity: 542
Merit: 251
Not anytime soon.  I dont see it going over $500 unless something really big happens worth bitcoins.
Activity: 379
you need waiting 2 year for bitcoin back to $600

There are too many bagholders for it to ever go that high again. You bought the bubble. You weren't the only one
I agree, I think it is going to eventually hit the 300-350 state and rest there. The $1000 state is long gone and is probably not coming back any time within the next 10 Years.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

There are too many bagholders for it to ever go that high again. You bought the bubble. You weren't the only one
Activity: 266
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
Don't give yourself excuse to break even. Since you have waited for quite some time why not just hang on there a little. I don't expect price to gain a lot during the halving which is supposed to be around next year but there is a high probably we'll see bitcoin crawling up to the previous high after the following halving.

You expect it to approach $1000 around 2020? I think it'll be long abandoned by all but the ultimate die hards if it isn't much, much bigger by then.

1000$ by 2020, is a bit optimistic imo. I just hope it comes back to 600 and stays stable there.

Is this your break-even too, and are you going to sell your bitcoins as soon as they reach 600$? In other words, did you lose your faith by now?

He's delusional to think "1000$ by 2020" is optimistic. We'll reach that within two years again no doubt.

I have no doubt that BTC will reach $1000 within next two years. I just wonder when the price will always be higher than $1000.

Once we break the last ATH again the floor will be 1000 no doubt. We'll go to like 1800, or even 2000 or god knows, then if there is a second crash, when we approach 1000 people will panic buy.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
As predicted we are seeing a small correction again after hitting 300, before we consolidate above 300 again, probably a good idea to buy in this 270 ish dip.

I wouldn't call this fall a small correction (more than 10% decline, by the way). The price is now around 267$ per coin. I'm afraid that the recent surge was only a minor pump-and-dump effort of sorts (it ended suspiciously too quickly), and now we can go even further down to 250 and below (to the earlier established levels)...
Activity: 379
I would just hold for a few more years and see where it goes, you can invest in some other Alts if you wanna try your luck, but best bet is to just hold and hope for the best.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
As predicted we are seeing a small correction again after hitting 300, before we consolidate above 300 again, probably a good idea to buy in this 270 ish dip.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
690 is easy, but you will need to be patient. Once the next bubble catches it will easily go over 1000.

I would love to hear your explanation to why you believe 690 and 1000 will be easy!? We only ever went that high before because of a dodgy exchange pumping it, what will make it raise around 3-4 times the current price?

It will be easy IF there is another bubble. Even if BTC does not work in the long term I feel there is at least one bubble remaining.

The next block reward halving in 2016 could be a trigger.
The supply of bitcoins dumped in the market would reduce and could trigger an increase in price.

I do not think so. Any reward halving would already be priced in.

Besides, the forces behind bubbles are considerably more than the amount of coins being generated.
Halving will lose it's effect over time, but I think, the next one will still have a lot of influence.
Activity: 676
If only price changes would be related to the incoming halvings... gonna be too easy Smiley
Activity: 521
690 is easy, but you will need to be patient. Once the next bubble catches it will easily go over 1000.

I would love to hear your explanation to why you believe 690 and 1000 will be easy!? We only ever went that high before because of a dodgy exchange pumping it, what will make it raise around 3-4 times the current price?

It will be easy IF there is another bubble. Even if BTC does not work in the long term I feel there is at least one bubble remaining.

The supply of bitcoins dumped in the market would reduce and could trigger an increase in price.

I do not think so. Any reward halving would already be priced in.

Besides, the forces behind bubbles are considerably more than the amount of coins being generated.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Activity: 406
Don't give yourself excuse to break even. Since you have waited for quite some time why not just hang on there a little. I don't expect price to gain a lot during the halving which is supposed to be around next year but there is a high probably we'll see bitcoin crawling up to the previous high after the following halving.

You expect it to approach $1000 around 2020? I think it'll be long abandoned by all but the ultimate die hards if it isn't much, much bigger by then.

1000$ by 2020, is a bit optimistic imo. I just hope it comes back to 600 and stays stable there.

Is this your break-even too, and are you going to sell your bitcoins as soon as they reach 600$? In other words, did you lose your faith by now?

He's delusional to think "1000$ by 2020" is optimistic. We'll reach that within two years again no doubt.

I have no doubt that BTC will reach $1000 within next two years. I just wonder when the price will always be higher than $1000.
Activity: 521

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

5 years would be ideal... after that I might give up

If you're still valuing your bitcoins based on an exchange rate, you're doing it wrong.

How else would I measure its purchasing power? If I don't value it by its purchasing power how else should it be valued??

Exchange rate != purchasing power.

Purchasing power parity is tough to determine, the Big Mac index that the Economist publishes is your best bet. What you should do is look at how many BTC are required to buy 1 Big Mac over the next 5 years (on average). You'll know deep in your bones what inflationary vs. deflationary means then Wink

Thats not a good way to measure PP, you need a basket of goods not just 1 item to measure the real PP.

Try the CPI index or CPE, that will be better.

So basically check every item listed in the CPI, and see for how much you can buy it in Bitcoin directly, not the converted price from dollar.

That should see that bitcoin is deflationary. Don't even look at fiat because it can be misleading...
Activity: 742
Merit: 526

Pages:
Jump to: