Pages:
Author

Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin? - page 12. (Read 1927 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 0
I had got the same feeling as you.I was so excited when I received my first bitcoin.whenever I tried to sell that,my heart refrained me to do so.Don't know but a kind of emotion worked at that time. Later I make myself realized  that its a kind of business and business don't run with emotions.So I had sold my btc and have made a pretty good amount of btc now by trading.
Main thing is, having those emotions are obvious,but don't go with emotions
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
2 years ago you bought your first bitcoin, and at that time the bitcoin price was still cheap.

in 2017 bitcoin prices reached 20K. when you do not sell it, do you feel regret or not?

how you can feel comfortable with just storing your bitcoin assets, and never sell it.

I hope when bitcoin reaches 20K again, you should use that opportunity to gain profit.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
The World’s First Blockchain Core
The emotions are the worst enemies of a trader it is said. So from this phrase I would suggest that never become emotioanlly attached to your asset and when you have the ability to profit from it, just do it.
Activity: 1305
Merit: 511
Some people use to buy memorable gift from his first month salary.You had such emotion with the bitcoin ,which you had brought first.I had sold my first brought bitcoin for dollars and holding 1$ from that trade with emotionally bound till now.It will be common among the people.Nothing wrong with this holding bitcoin,but you have to trade continuously for the profit.
Activity: 155
Merit: 10
I've always been quite emotional of letting go of my bitcoin when doing trading. I believe people have some emotional attachment to every first thing. When I am trying to sell, I definitely don't sell everything because I feel bad when I sell it. I always want to see at least a small amount on my wallet. I know that too much emotion is not good to handle well the business. But when it will be urgent for me to sell, I will sell it. I am not emotionally attached but it's just that I want to gain more profits.
Activity: 81
This is correct, I think its price has increased very much in this time, but it will be even more! Also, I really think it's important to keep bitcoin, I think it changed your life greatly!
Activity: 490
I think business is not bound to emotionally,buy,sell,hold and profit is the main thing of treading system so emotion is not main fact ,profit is the main thing  in business.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
I think it's pretty much normal to feel emotionally attached to things that are very sentimental to you, bitcoin or not.

It's totally okay. Who knows, when in extreme emergencies it can also be your life saver.
Activity: 360
I think that an investor, you should not put much of your own feelings into the virtual currency you invest, it is important that investors make a profit from it. I think you keep bitcoin for 2 years is a good thing and now it has helped you make a lot of profit with it.
Activity: 479
Enter the future of gaming
I, personally, don't get so much attached to bitcoin as I realize that it's  just some sequence of code, but I still prefer holding it for ideological reasons. I believe that bitcoin should eventually replace fiat money and my holding of the coin is and act of support. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 24
Some people keep their first banknotes they have earned doing their first jobs so maybe it makes sense to keep your first Bitcoin if you are getting a salary in crypto instead of fiat that is. Otherwise I wouldn't be too emotional about some virtual token whose main purpose is speculative trading. Physical Bitcoin coins are nice though. I would keep one of those  Grin
How can I store bitcoin? This is in fact not owned THE very FIRST BITCOIN. It's just digital data on the world wide web and nothing more. So I think the emotional attachment here is excessive.
Activity: 728
Merit: 24
It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?
I understand what you're talking about, but if bitcoin suddenly becomes a Scam then all the feelings evaporate as well as the artificially created HYIP around cryptocurrency in 2017. It's obvious, buddy.)
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
It has nothing to do with emotions on weather to sell your bitcoins or not, it all depends on your trading goals. Do you intend to hold for long or sell at short interval. If your strategy is a long term profit, then is ok to leave it for long before selling.
This is right, so depends on your goals if selling or holding long term. Even we invest for the for the very first time in bitcoin it is our own decisions if we are going to hold for long term to have our own profit. The important is never be greedy because it will affects our profit.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Some people keep their first banknotes they have earned doing their first jobs so maybe it makes sense to keep your first Bitcoin if you are getting a salary in crypto instead of fiat that is. Otherwise I wouldn't be too emotional about some virtual token whose main purpose is speculative trading. Physical Bitcoin coins are nice though. I would keep one of those  Grin
Activity: 518
Bitcoin is a risky currency and being too much attached with it wont be good in the long run as it will go through ups and downs and it could take a toll on your health. Also Bitcoin isn't regulated yet so there is going to be some struggle and fight until then. I hope you at least sell Bitcoin worth your initial investment.
Activity: 194
Bitcoin is money. I don't usually get attached to money. I don't even understand being emotionally attached to a Bitcoin: it's digital, you can't put behind a piece of glass like you can do with your first penny or else. You can keep it, hoping that, I don't know, maybe one day the whole wallet will be valuable due its date
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
It has nothing to do with emotions on weather to sell your bitcoins or not, it all depends on your trading goals. Do you intend to hold for long or sell at short interval. If your strategy is a long term profit, then is ok to leave it for long before selling.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 258
It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Idea is good. You can save 1 bitcoin for memory and after 10-20 years give your private key to your children.
This will be prize!
Activity: 322
I think that this depends on the individual investment strategy. Someone is always buying bitcoin all the time. And someone can buy cheaper, then sell expensive, and then buy again cheaper.
Activity: 211

There are investors like you who have that kind of attachment to their first investment. We don't have the same way of attachment because I did HODL before but decided to use it to fulfill a dream. But I am happy with my decision. We all have a different way of using or hodling our crypto assets. And I am glad that there are HODLERS.
Pages:
Jump to: