Pages:
Author

Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet - page 6. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 10:38:54 AM
It just like I received etherdelta warning in my email that someone login my etherdelta account, I smell scam in this email, etherdelta is not requiring email when you open your myetherwallet account. Scammer knows our email by joining shitty airdrop so be careful what you join in airdrop guys.
Activity: 392
March 03, 2018, 07:15:32 AM
It is better not to click on the links that come to your mail. Try to be careful, the mistake can be quite expensive. Now there are a lot of scammers.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
March 02, 2018, 09:15:31 PM
Mew will never send emails to customers and I believe this is just another scam.
A lot of newbies will fall for it tho, but it always helps to install metamask on your browser I masks off phsing sites.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 08:56:29 PM
Basically, Myetherwallet has nothing to do with email so it will not send you any mail. That means the emails you receive are not from MEW so be careful of those emails. I believe you should use additional antivirus software so that it will not affect your account.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
March 02, 2018, 08:38:51 PM
Myetherwallet or etherdelta will never emailed you about airdrops or aany other thing, thats just a phising attemps so you give them your private key or something like it and you end up losing money.
yes, I also never received email from MEW or etherdelta. maybe it is phishing, you have to be careful because they want to steal your token / coin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
March 02, 2018, 08:23:46 PM
I received the same email from EtherDelta but i know that just phising email because no email needed for Etherdelta aacount. Since my email publish it in spreadsheet of many bounty campaign i received many email from unknow people, so just becarefull.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
March 02, 2018, 07:58:16 PM
No, can not accept the email from myehterwallet because it does not provide email ever. You are one of the victims of the scams once you accept that kind of email and if you provide a link. Do not accept immediately what we see in our wallet that causes a scam like that. Sometimes there is also a download sign on the side of the wallet but I found out that etherwallet did not update while you using it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
March 02, 2018, 07:57:43 PM
I'm really tired of all these scams when is this going to stop. I get similar e mails from all over. Be careful mates. thank you for sharing your experience.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
March 02, 2018, 07:31:48 PM
I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.
Myehterwallet is never going to send you an email, first of all how do they got your email to begin with? The most likely reason is that you are the subject of a scam, do not open that email again, do not click in any link and if possible block the email sender and never open again an email like that or you will lose your coins and never see them again.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
March 02, 2018, 07:14:40 PM
Thanks for the warning. I rarely click on links sent over the email regarding accounts or anything (I normally go to the site myself and check the info beforehand. This may take a few extra minutes, but better safe than sorry), but it is still good to know what's happening.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
March 02, 2018, 06:41:06 PM
As far as i know ther are no airdrops should required any email addresses or private keys,do not participate with these airdrops but if you really want to risk go use dummy emails isntead of using your main email addresses so if they have sent some phishing email you will be more aware with that,i dont usually join these airdrops because i know there area posibility of hacks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange
March 02, 2018, 06:22:12 PM
All of us have to be careful.
There are many guys who want to catch our money. And first they waits for our mistakes with our safety.
Click some strange links... fill pass on a phishings site etc
Activity: 166
March 02, 2018, 06:09:44 PM
That was a scam.,these airdrops shouldnt be asking any email addresses or private keys they are just collecting emails from the participants so if these people arent aware of phishing sites they will be stealing all of your coins.Stay away from the airdrops that will require you to send some coins before you get the tokens.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
March 02, 2018, 04:39:08 PM
True. These airdrops are just collecting personal data to use for their malicious intents. Checking my mail again I discovered I have been bombarded with these emails again. It's annoying but we just have to be careful.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
March 02, 2018, 04:33:28 PM
Well thanks to this forum it gave me the intelligence about this kind of attacks.
It had been known before and I stopped opening such links like that which are obviously scams.
It will be directed to the trash once I saw the title of the mail.
Yes, be very careful with this types of syndicates, they must be really hungry to do such things like this.

Better not open it from the start if you think it is not for you, dont believe too good to be true mails.
Activity: 196
March 02, 2018, 04:29:22 PM
Surely these airdrops are just collecting informations about us,emails and private keys shouldnt be provided to any of these airdrops because surely they will try to steal your coins,be vigillant search if you dont know something ask if you arent sure about you have researched so that the risk will be lessen,no airdrops should require emails,if they still require use dummies.
Activity: 896
Merit: 9
March 02, 2018, 04:20:16 PM
I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

i also get the same e-mail. it was asking my private key to get my airdrop token. and the script really look like myetherwallet script. when you get an e-mail do not only read the subtitle check the sender and we really should be careful guys.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
March 02, 2018, 04:12:59 PM
i have deleted my pasword from myetherwallet from my PC so now i have to make another one. Thanks God i have no any coin there..
Activity: 602
March 02, 2018, 03:43:35 PM
Don't believe this bullshit, MEW just never send you e-mail, because you didn't enter it at the moment of registration and wallet creation. So, such a cheap method to influence on a human greed
Activity: 294
March 02, 2018, 03:35:02 PM
These mail id can be made by anyone on any name like ,[email protected]. These are the scams, MEW don't ask for the email id to do anything. Just be careful before taking any step because this can lead to hacking of your coins.
Pages:
Jump to: