Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning - page 5. (Read 20712 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 11, 2013, 06:53:08 PM
Now this guy look back @ this and think  SadHuh

Hah hah, he might look back and think on it, but he probably won't come back on here and admit he was wrong... BtC is not an "Established commodity"... lots of good that 15 year experience did him... The future bitcoin millionaires did not need his "Good luck", they had something better... and it sure wasn't selling at $159.00...

Maybe OP rebought at $80, so he hoding 2x as much Bitcoins. But I doubt it and I remember the April crash, it was tough to buy at $80 right after the crash
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
December 11, 2013, 06:48:36 PM

Hah hah, he might look back and think on it, but he probably won't come back on here and admit he was wrong... BtC is not an "Established commodity"... lots of good that 15 year experience did him... The future bitcoin millionaires did not need his "Good luck", they had something better... and it sure wasn't selling at $159.00...
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
December 11, 2013, 04:01:15 PM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
December 05, 2013, 01:42:38 PM
i love how people go gravedigging when someone makes a strong stance on something that doesn't pan out. maybe that'll prevent people from trying to look like know-it-alls.
Everybody can be wrong and usually is in one way or another. The problem is when a guy comes out and plays know-it-all as you say. Calls people suckers etc. Nobody knows what will happen to btc, so what does it hut to say "I think" or "I believe that"..... There is something necro about those guys, sorry
Activity: 55
December 05, 2013, 01:24:20 PM
I'm wondering how his orders for $30 are going:) It is one thing to sell everything at some price and think it's ok, and the other go out on the forum and start teasing and laughing off people:) It's a bully beatdown
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 25, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
i love how people go gravedigging when someone makes a strong stance on something that doesn't pan out. maybe that'll prevent people from trying to look like know-it-alls.
Activity: 14
November 25, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
I did much the same thing, sadly.  The first full Bitcoin that I mined, I sold at about $120.  By the time the price had spiked to $330 or so, I sold the .70 bitcoin I had accumulated by then, figuring that a crash HAD to be imminent. Whoops.

I was still paying off my mining hardware, so it doesn't make me feel like too much of an idiot. I used a "no interest if paid off in 6 months" promotion from a credit card when making the hardware purchase, so I'm only out of pocket for what I haven't earned back in that time period, and after that its pure profit. 
Activity: 6
November 25, 2013, 10:24:24 PM
I bet you are disappointed in yourself.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
November 25, 2013, 10:15:50 PM
im sure u wish u didnt sell Wink
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
November 25, 2013, 08:25:16 PM
I thought we all agreed on something: one does not simply short bitcoins.

Doesn't matter what you might agree about.  It only matters what's possible.  Someone's going to ingore your agreement.

I just meant that shorting bitcoins seems extremely reckless given how BTC has behaved in his short history, I though you would have agreed since you've been into BTC since the days in which it was worth nothing.

Yeah, that's true.  It seems to me that everytime bitcoin surges to new highs, about a week or so later it crashes back down to half or so of the high, but it never gets down to the prior lows.  So the march to infinity has been two steps forward, one step back all the way.  But the one time I bet against a still higher high, bitcoin breaks it's pattern and does a double peak within a week without the crash to half value in the middle.  Sucks to be me, but that's what happened.  The moral of the story, don't assume that there is a pattern to bitcoin market movements.
Activity: 8
November 25, 2013, 08:17:41 PM

Well, check this out (http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r88vl/need_advice_on_inheritance_arbitrage_family_etc/) and then we speak about pain and slaughter.

I'm new around here but thanks for posting this link ... it really struck a chord as I managed to lose a bunch of BTC recently (though nothing like this guy!) trying to play the market game of selling high and buying low intra-day... thinking I knew better. Tough lesson to learn but in future I'll sit on my remaining stash and encourage anyone else to think long and hard before trying this.
November 25, 2013, 07:50:14 PM
LOL, poor OP! I guess 15 years of experience doesn't translate to bitcoin trading!

next step, he's could make his own youtube channel and then talk about how much more experience he is, and how everybody is so dumb (in certain terms)  Cheesy
Activity: 26
November 25, 2013, 07:48:34 PM
LOL, poor OP! I guess 15 years of experience doesn't translate to bitcoin trading!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 25, 2013, 07:45:56 PM
That's nothing.  Back around Feburary I shorted a small fortune in bitcoins because I thought, "There's no way that Bitcoins could surge beyond $80 apiece in the next two weeks!"

I was wrong, and as a result lost a life-changing number of bitcoins.  Had I not done that one wager, I would be able to retire and move to a warmer climate by now.  And I'm not exaggerating.

Well, check this out (http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r88vl/need_advice_on_inheritance_arbitrage_family_etc/) and then we speak about pain and slaughter.

Well, that guy obviously has a block with learning that there are some risks that some people can't manage.  He needs to put that money into a CD or trust, and leave it for his sister.  I lost a fortune, but I learned that I shouldn't be gambling with bitcoins like it was monopoly money.

Doesn't matter what you might agree about.  It only matters what's possible.  Someone's going to ingore your agreement.

I just meant that shorting bitcoins seems extremely reckless given how BTC has behaved in his short history, I though you would have agreed since you've been into BTC since the days in which it was worth nothing.
legendary
November 25, 2013, 07:29:37 PM
That's nothing.  Back around Feburary I shorted a small fortune in bitcoins because I thought, "There's no way that Bitcoins could surge beyond $80 apiece in the next two weeks!"

I was wrong, and as a result lost a life-changing number of bitcoins.  Had I not done that one wager, I would be able to retire and move to a warmer climate by now.  And I'm not exaggerating.

You played the game safe. But you helped others to make some profit as well, so you cannot feel too bad

Well, I don't feel too bad really.  I didn't bet them all, just a lot.
legendary
November 25, 2013, 07:29:07 PM

Well, that guy obviously has a block with learning that there are some risks that some people can't manage.  He needs to put that money into a CD or trust, and leave it for his sister.  I lost a fortune, but I learned that I shouldn't be gambling with bitcoins like it was monopoly money.

Doesn't matter what you might agree about.  It only matters what's possible.  Someone's going to ingore your agreement.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
November 25, 2013, 07:13:34 PM

You played the game safe. But you helped others to make some profit as well, so you cannot feel too bad
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 25, 2013, 07:13:23 PM

November 25, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

too late now. the ironic thing is that he has a degree in psychology, yet he falls for the bear traps and shows signs of a classic gambling addict.
legendary
November 25, 2013, 07:10:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: