Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold everything at $158/159 this morning - page 7. (Read 20737 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 25, 2013, 01:31:23 PM
To all of you panic buying because you missed the "greatest thing ever", mark this post, within 6 months you will be able to buy in much lower, I have a large buy order at $35 (just above the 2011 high).

if this were an established commodity like gold, copper, soybeans, or a currency cross, which I have been trading for 15 years, that is the smart buy point - not at $159

Poor OP, he was never able to buy $35 coins.

Yep, $159 was not a smart buy point indeed, the price is now 5 times higher.

Maybe he bought back at $80?

No, just read his post history (I did it with a sense of dark entertainment), he is currently saying that he is out because Bitcoin is a bubble and it will collapse because its needed too much money constantly flowing into Bitcoin to sustain the current price given the actual inflationary phase (3.600 coins are "created" every day).

Its funny to see how the biggest bears and naysayers (Bitcoin is a ponzi, Bitcoin is a trojan horse planted by the financial elite, etc. etc.) are either those who a) sold and saw the choo choo train leaving the station (they took their dump and were caught with their pants down, they weren't able to jump back in) or b) those who just discovered Bitcoin and feel that its too expensive and only the "early adopters" can profit from it.

Both are stupid points, Bitcoin is still in its infancy, and while the chances of it going to 0 remain high, its true potential is yet to be discovered.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 25, 2013, 01:24:13 PM
To all of you panic buying because you missed the "greatest thing ever", mark this post, within 6 months you will be able to buy in much lower, I have a large buy order at $35 (just above the 2011 high).

if this were an established commodity like gold, copper, soybeans, or a currency cross, which I have been trading for 15 years, that is the smart buy point - not at $159

Maybe he bought back at $80?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
November 25, 2013, 01:22:50 PM

What a beautiful reminder of a thread.  Grin
And, in a couple of years (or less) it will be 5X higher than now. ($817 Stamp, so prediction of at least $4085)

And the OP is calling for a complete collapse of BTC - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3644674
Diversification isn't a bad insurance policy.

IAS
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 25, 2013, 01:02:41 PM

Activity: 431
Merit: 261
November 25, 2013, 01:00:57 PM
Appreciate the revival. I don't understand why anyone would sell everything.

I started buying Bitcoin in April, and it was simply the good fortune of a funding delay that kept me from buying above $200. I remember feeling bad for anyone who purchased near the peak price -- I assumed we'd see new highs eventually, but didn't know when. Little did I know that in a matter of months, even those peak buyers would see their Bitcoins triple in price.
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
November 25, 2013, 12:17:33 PM
I just wanted to share with you all one of the many bear heads mounted on my trophy wall...
Activity: 354
I am new to bitcoin and still learning, but if ASICS make the difficulty too high for the average miner, and mining becomes the domain of large enterprises, could people lose interest (since they cant mine and earn their own btc) and lower the demand?
OTOH, if the average miner moves to mining LTC (or another crypto), they still need to convert to BTC to get any use out of them, because BTC is much more widely accepted.

On Vicurex.com you can exchange LTC (and most other alt coins) for fiat.
Why do you sell all? You could have sold 1000, you would still be rich now, but you would also have some Bitcoins left in case the price skyrockets.
But thank you for redistributing Bitcoins for everyone.
Agreed, I'd never want to hold zero Bitcoins, especially when the current price is just half of the prices reached just over a month ago. But then again, I'm just a newb crumb collector compared to someone owning 1,000+ BTC!

I'm betting it will reach close to the previous high ($260+) in the next 12 months, possibly much sooner.
Activity: 364
Yeah, I also sold all bitcoins today (all 1318) and set buy order at $27
Why do you sell all? You could have sold 1000, you would still be rich now, but you would also have some Bitcoins left in case the price skyrockets.

But thank you for redistributing Bitcoins for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Will the value of BTC rise or fall if integrated by into PayPal?

I don't know but I would avoid Paypal. They have the most shady business practices I've ever seen.

One day some random person sent me a "refund" for $3k or so and I reported it to Paypal because I had never purchased anything. They ended up locking my account (and holding my legitimate funds) for 18 months while they "evaluated" what happened, and then they said they were removing the funds and keeping them. I could have just as easily kept the money for myself but because I reported the error I got screwed. They gave back my money after 18 months, but that was ridiculous.
Wow you're rich! Well, unless you mortgaged your house and bought 1318 BTC at $250...
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

Good luck with filling your buy order at $27
Activity: 280
[after-timing gloat]

Post your trades in advance or keep quiet about them. Anyone can bullsh1t after the event.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Bitcoin will be integrated in PayPal ? Sounds like some heavy fees are incoming ..
Activity: 251
Will the value of BTC rise or fall if integrated by into PayPal?
Activity: 6
You could be right or WRONG. We will see this later
Activity: 4
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
I think with ASIC the price will go up to $300 but not for at least 6 months.

I cannot conceptualize at all why there would be a relationship between market price of BTC and the efficacy of mining computers. Can you (or anyone) explain why you think ASICs will boost the price of Bitcoin (or lead me to post that explains it)?

I think the theory behind it is that if you can no longer mine them, you have to buy them. This increases the demand, driving up the price.

At least that's the theory behind it.

I am new to bitcoin and still learning, but if ASICS make the difficulty too high for the average miner, and mining becomes the domain of large enterprises, could people lose interest (since they cant mine and earn their own btc) and lower the demand?

You can't print dollars. Are you still interested in them?
Activity: 5
OTOH, if the average miner moves to mining LTC (or another crypto), they still need to convert to BTC to get any use out of them, because BTC is much more widely accepted.
Activity: 8
Merit: 500
I think with ASIC the price will go up to $300 but not for at least 6 months.

I cannot conceptualize at all why there would be a relationship between market price of BTC and the efficacy of mining computers. Can you (or anyone) explain why you think ASICs will boost the price of Bitcoin (or lead me to post that explains it)?

I think the theory behind it is that if you can no longer mine them, you have to buy them. This increases the demand, driving up the price.

At least that's the theory behind it.

Pages:
Jump to: