Pages:
Author

Topic: I "Think" that I found Satoshi Nakamoto - page 9. (Read 10827 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721
January 29, 2016, 02:57:51 PM
You are making assumptions where they are not ready to be made. A pokemon fan does not have to be a kid, especially in a country like Japan. Adults watch anime all the time there, including pokemon.

Also, satoshi never specifically asked not to be traced. He just disappeared and never replied any more. This can be due to many reasons, one being that he doens't want to be found, but he could also have died for instance (even though that is highly unlikely).
Still I have to disagree: few adults would watch Pokemon even in Japan, as it's definitely aimed for kids and young teenagers. I have a bunch of Japanese friends in their twenties (being myself in my twenties) and they indeed occasionally read mangas and probably watch anime (still I have to insist on the "occasionally" because Japan is a country where you'd easily get marginalized if you spend too much time on these), but I'd be surprised that they'd watch Pokemon. I can ask around if you want. I admit that I never did. But I'm pretty sure of the answer I'll get: Pokemon is for kids (and ok, nostalgic adults too, every now and then).

But I'm not pretending to hold the truth regarding the origin of the name Satoshi. I'm just going with my own assumption that if Satoshi is indeed a pseudonym, there's a possibility that it was chosen by a western pokemon fan born between 1985 and 1995. These are just my thoughts though. Don't sweat it: I have no evidence that what I'm saying is true. You could say I'm just talking out of my ass  Cheesy . Especially if the guy is really Japanese but Satoshi is still a pseudonym, then chances would become really super slim that it would be because of Pokemon's creator, since he'd have a much more developed background regarding Japanese names.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
January 29, 2016, 02:56:41 PM
I just don't get all this fuzz about finding the guy who created it. What do you want with him? Worship him? Beat him up for being so smart? Leave the guy (or girl) alone, for once!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 29, 2016, 02:54:12 PM
OMG! Here we go again! When are we leaving the crew (because it's certainly not a single individual) who created the paper alone? Bitcoin is the product of community developement, not just from a single individual!

I am sure that it is a single person. I always said that to me, and if it was proved that it was a group of person, I'd have an heart attack Grin !

Calm down and think a bit. It makes much more sense that it's a group instead of a single individual. I'm with the russian, it's clear that the development of blockchain technology required multi-area expertise, and a team of individuals is the perfect image I get in my head when I think about that.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
January 29, 2016, 02:52:58 PM
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
January 29, 2016, 02:52:46 PM
May 19, 2014:

"Paweł is a theoretical computer scientist, supervised by Mike Goodrich...very recently published another paper with me and others on cuckoo hashing on storage devices with limited rewrite capacity. After he finishes he will be joining navigation-system company TomTom in Berlin."

http://11011110.livejournal.com/289432.html

His Research papers

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pawel_Pszona/

His University Profile

https://web.archive.org/web/20110623201333/http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ppszona/

Wayback Machine June, 2011 reveals Pawel's page at UCI.

Paweł Pszona

Ph.D. student
Department of Computer Science
University of California, Irvine
Donald Bren Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-3435

office: 4084 Donald Bren Hall
e-mail: ppszona AT ics.uci.edu

About me

I'm a second year graduate student at UC Irvine. My adviser is Michael Goodrich. I graduated with a M.Sc. in Computer Science from University of Wrocław in 2007. I joined UCI in Fall 2009. Prior to that I worked for ADB Polska.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I don't bite.
January 29, 2016, 02:50:43 PM
So Pawel Pszona is the man behind Satoshi Nakamoto?
What about Grzegorz Stachowiak? His sidekick or something? Tongue

He was just a guide and nothing much. Pawel worked on bitcoin after leaving University. He loves C++

Pawel seems to be very good with Algorithms.
I see.

Keep up the good work and I hope one day you can rename this thread title back to "I found Satoshi Nakamoto". Roll Eyes
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Activity: 686
January 29, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
May 19, 2014:

"Paweł is a theoretical computer scientist, supervised by Mike Goodrich...very recently published another paper with me and others on cuckoo hashing on storage devices with limited rewrite capacity. After he finishes he will be joining navigation-system company TomTom in Berlin."

http://11011110.livejournal.com/289432.html
January 29, 2016, 02:43:13 PM
After finding Pawel's paper. I seriously doubt Gavin knew the guy from the start or atleast when Satoshi left.

Check this

I quote Gavin from WSJ

“I think he’s an academic, maybe a post-doc, maybe a professor who just doesn’t want the attention,” said Gavin Andresen in an interview at his one-man office in Amherst, Mass., last month. “And that’s why he’s proven anonymous.”

wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/06/bitcoin-foundations-andresen-on-working-with-satoshi-nakamoto/
Activity: 686
January 29, 2016, 02:42:36 PM
http://arxiv.org/abs/1308.6711

Streamed Graph Drawing and the File Maintenance Problem
Michael T. Goodrich, Paweł Pszona
(Submitted on 30 Aug 2013)
Activity: 861
Merit: 1001
January 29, 2016, 02:36:42 PM
When I saw it was your first post I told myself "damn, one more non sense noob trying to find out who's Satoshi".

But I have to say it was an interesting reading. Your articles are well constructed. I'll keep an eye to what you do.

I'm still not sure who Satoshi is and I'm not sure anyone would find out but anyway. Keep searching. In my opinion it's a single individual. I would be surprised if Satoshi was a group of person.

(The pokemon thing made me laugh Cheesy)
January 29, 2016, 02:36:20 PM

He was just a guide and nothing much. Pawel worked on bitcoin after leaving University. He loves C++

Pawel seems to be very good with Algorithms.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
January 29, 2016, 02:26:35 PM
Does it really matter who he is? The most important thing is that he left us a valuable things and to be honest he has all the reasons to remain in private. so let's respect that wish.

The more plausible theories there are, the more uncertainty there is due to saturation.  Get it?  Cool

There is a Satoshi in every Bitcoin enthusiast so what else do we need.. enjoy the ride folks!
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
January 29, 2016, 02:25:56 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
January 29, 2016, 02:25:10 PM
OMG! Here we go again! When are we leaving the crew (because it's certainly not a single individual) who created the paper alone? Bitcoin is the product of community developement, not just from a single individual!

I am sure that it is a single person. I always said that to me, and if it was proved that it was a group of person, I'd have an heart attack Grin !
Gotta disagree with you here, there's no way a complex stuff like Bitcoin can be developed by a single person
I think it's gotta be developed by a group member or some sort
Or maybe it was a part of something larger than we don't know about
*Conspiracy intensifies
Tongue
Activity: 493
Merit: 518
January 29, 2016, 02:25:07 PM
Does it really matter who he is? The most important thing is that he left us a valuable things and to be honest he has all the reasons to remain in private. so let's respect that wish.

The more plausible theories there are, the more uncertainty there is due to saturation.  Get it?  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
January 29, 2016, 02:24:02 PM
Does it really matter who he is? The most important thing is that he left us a valuable thing and to be honest he has all the reasons to remain in private. so let's respect that wish.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
January 29, 2016, 02:20:07 PM
Dude,you put me in a dilemma now! Had Satoshi Nakaomoto being a single person,how would he set up the entire genesis block himself?There are couple of facts mentioned which are too certain to be true while other's are just useless assumptions created to fill in the purpose.Anyhow the article doesn't totally convince me but certainly does make me wannna research more on the facts you have mentioned.
Activity: 493
Merit: 518
January 29, 2016, 02:18:41 PM
@Mr.Felt - The wallet belongs to Dustin Trummel.

He wrote a detailed blog about the incident

http://blog.dustintrammell.com/2013/11/26/i-am-not-satoshi/

Had Ron and Shamir done even rudimentary research into the identities of said addresses, such as a search on the Bitcoin-OTC site, Bitcoin Talk forums, or even via a simple Google search, they could have easily found that the original very early source address in question (12higD) is, very publicly, one of mine and not one of Satoshi’s as they insinuate in their paper.  This has left many people on the Bitcoin Talk forums, Reddit, and elsewhere to speculate regarding the identity of the subsequent addresses that Bitcoins were sent to from my addresses, and the owners of such addresses, as Ron and Shamir’s paper insinuates that they are related to Silk Road.

Nice, thanks for the link.  Will read later.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 29, 2016, 02:16:04 PM
i doubt that someone will actually ever find satoshi nakamoto as the team or the person was highly anonymous and they were prepared for everything in my opinion
Pages:
Jump to: