Pages:
Author

Topic: I think we are greedy - page 2. (Read 5733 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
May 27, 2017, 07:25:50 PM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
it's true we also get a lot of profit from rising bitcoin price so the transaction fee increase is fair to me. but which is very unfortunate if we transact with a small value I mean when the transaction $50 and fee $3  is very much.
I think you are mixing it up, the transaction fee didn't increase as a result of appreciation in the price of Bitcoin, rather increase in the adoption of Bitcoin across the globe placed more load on the network and more in the mouth of miners than they could chew.

We should not say were greedy because it's not true since everything is always a matter of choice. If you think you are greed of what's been happening with your profit from bitcoin withdrawal converted to fiat, you can give some btc amounts to friend who in need of money so that you will be satisfied with what you felt unwell. Just to be fair with everything that transaction fees  has to be more accurate and no one losses it since we benefited much without the control from goverment.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 27, 2017, 07:24:57 PM
Ended up paying high fee after four days of waiting, 24hr later still not confirmed. Heard that activating SW will solve this problem but what are they still waiting for. The whole thing is really surprising to me

Hmm, indeed it is today the main thing that happened in the bitcoin is a matter of confirmation delays occur. because right now there are a few things that allow the confirmation delay is increasingly common and the main thing is because of the growing number of transactions while his confirmation of his own (the miners). still very little. So, it may have to take a lot of funds to be quickly confirmed. But indeed the amount of the fee should be given 2 x fold of existing or if indeed you do great deals, it is better to use the fee above $5

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
May 27, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
You are right we are getting greedy but ***

Sure the whole crypto ecosystem seems a bit over-pumped at the moment but don't not cash out unless you really want to buy something that you can only buy with fiat. Crypto-bubbles will come and go - what we need is off-ramps that allow us to stay in crypto yet lighten-up on any over-pumped coins. How? Pegged-cryptos. Crypto pegged to gold. Crypto pegged to silver. Crypto pegged to Swiss Francs. Crypto pegged to other commodities (ZrCoin maybe) or other currencies. Even Crypto pegged to the old $. Some of these already exist. Some need to be created and scaled now! Crypto needs to become a true ecosystem (and toxic scams will unfortunately be part of it).
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
May 27, 2017, 06:56:51 PM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
it's true we also get a lot of profit from rising bitcoin price so the transaction fee increase is fair to me. but which is very unfortunate if we transact with a small value I mean when the transaction $50 and fee $3  is very much.
I think you are mixing it up, the transaction fee didn't increase as a result of appreciation in the price of Bitcoin, rather increase in the adoption of Bitcoin across the globe placed more load on the network and more in the mouth of miners than they could chew.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
May 23, 2017, 05:05:00 PM

You are right we are getting greedy but if we think and realize the reality then we will accept the current fees of transaction which miners get from us. A few day ago when I was going to transact bitcoins of worth $250 then I paid a fees of $2 for that I was worried about the fees then I thought that it is for a balance of $250 then I happily accept it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
May 23, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
We are not greedy but we want the best coin that we can get, the coin with high price and low fee, because for the one that seldom used maybe its okay, but for the one that implemented bitcoin in business, it is going to impact a lot of things and the customer will think twice before using bitcoin
This impact you are talking about, is most likely an impact on fiat wallet fatness Grin
I bet all those early business bitcoin adopters are more than happy with their decisions of accepting BTC.
I retain myself from looking through my transactions from the past, where purchases worth xx in fiat are 3times bigger now Smiley it's just how it is. And how that seller feels when he checks his wallet?
As to customers having doubts with BTC... well, screw them Roll Eyes One have to believe in something in life, some pick deity others choose crypto(why not both? that's a discussion for other thread)
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
May 23, 2017, 04:17:51 PM
We are not greedy but we want the best coin that we can get, the coin with high price and low fee, because for the one that seldom used maybe its okay, but for the one that implemented bitcoin in business, it is going to impact a lot of things and the customer will think twice before using bitcoin

You can have your bread buttered on both side, if the developers can just find a scaling solution that would satisfy the miners and the users. At

this moment, only the one side {the miners} are satisfied with the status quo. The miners are the greedy people in this scenario, because they

do not want Bitcoin to scale. The scaling will mean that they will no longer be able to get these high miner fees...  Angry

They know that they will make a lot of money so why come in a consensus to solved the rising transaction fees?  Oh the miners, and the one that is suffering in the casual bitcoin enthusiast because we are really paying them high fees so that our transaction can be included in the next block. So we are really in the hands of the miners now.

If we dont find the solution for this problem then i think very soon most of us will try to switch to other currency for trading and bitcoin will be used for investment purpose only like. Now i am changing my coins to eth and then i am selling them to fiat currency as the transaction fees is less and it is getting faster confirmation and the price is also i am getting high.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
May 23, 2017, 04:09:19 PM

You can have your bread buttered on both side, if the developers can just find a scaling solution that would satisfy the miners and the users. At

this moment, only the one side {the miners} are satisfied with the status quo. The miners are the greedy people in this scenario, because they

do not want Bitcoin to scale. The scaling will mean that they will no longer be able to get these high miner fees...  Angry

They know that they will make a lot of money so why come in a consensus to solved the rising transaction fees?  Oh the miners, and the one that is suffering in the casual bitcoin enthusiast because we are really paying them high fees so that our transaction can be included in the next block. So we are really in the hands of the miners now.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
May 23, 2017, 03:54:41 PM
It is a young market and abuse is committed. But the Competition will drive fee  prices down.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
May 23, 2017, 03:48:16 PM

Agreed, it`s a fair fee, no inflation, no banking white coats  who drink juices from working man. Now Bitcoin lacks only test of time for more trust and course stability.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
May 23, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
May 23, 2017, 11:22:11 AM
Ended up paying high fee after four days of waiting, 24hr later still not confirmed. Heard that activating SW will solve this problem but what are they still waiting for. The whole thing is really surprising to me

It is not actually surprising...the main reason is that the whole Bitcoin community especially the miners are still not able to make up their minds as to what the solution should be. Now, there is also a dark reason for this: the current problem raised the fees and so miners want to stretch the problem so they can rake in more profits. Greed has taken the whole Bitcoin and we ordinary users are not pleased as we are the victims here.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
May 23, 2017, 11:14:46 AM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
May 23, 2017, 11:06:38 AM
You have look of a 1st world person. If you live in 2 world or 3-rd world, you look at things diffirent, for example this $1-$5 could be your month salary. So now this isn't looking usable for half of world population.
I have to agree with op here its acceptable to have fees around $1-$5 with the current bitcoin prices.. besides lets not put the value of the coins before

executing our transactions because we shall feel the pinch.But paying fees as high as $200 is ridiculous! Lets just hope things will change for the better

after segwit activation
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
May 23, 2017, 10:55:27 AM

The fact that bitcoin price is rising everyday is a enough reason why the transaction fees should also increase but at the same time, we should not be unmindful that its is not only the fees that people are complaining about but the timing it takes for transaction to confirm aside that the issue of change in the transaction fees in a matter of seconds is another issue of concern.

It is okay if the fee is increasing only on it $ equivalent but the problem is sat/byte is the one bloating. And it will continue to bloat as long as no solution is voted by the miners. The solution is there, but it is not being elected maybe because of greed or other reasons and that is what is frustrating right now.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
May 23, 2017, 10:10:25 AM

The fact that bitcoin price is rising everyday is a enough reason why the transaction fees should also increase but at the same time, we should not be unmindful that its is not only the fees that people are complaining about but the timing it takes for transaction to confirm aside that the issue of change in the transaction fees in a matter of seconds is another issue of concern.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
May 23, 2017, 10:08:23 AM
At the end of the day everyone is a greedy person more or less. If you think about the price of Bitcoin then, when it will be higher then we must be glad but if it falls then we don't​ be happy. So our satisfaction depends on our desire not deserve. That's is the human nature and we are not out of this.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
May 23, 2017, 09:55:20 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
May 23, 2017, 09:38:28 AM
It is only your thoughts and speculation that everyone here in this industry was a greedy person.
Not all bitcoin community are like that, because being like to earn big in bitcoin it just a normal thing
where we believe that it has a brighter future that it can give to us.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
May 23, 2017, 04:06:04 AM
You have look of a 1st world person. If you live in 2 world or 3-rd world, you look at things diffirent, for example this $1-$5 could be your month salary. So now this isn't looking usable for half of world population.
Pages:
Jump to: