Pages:
Author

Topic: I think we are greedy - page 7. (Read 5733 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
May 20, 2017, 10:24:54 PM
Even if $1 per TX is acceptable I don't care if you pay $100 per TX you can still only process so many TXs no matter the fee paid..

Paying a higher fee is NOT any sort of solution no matter if that cost is acceptable to you or not..
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 20, 2017, 10:21:32 PM
I completely agree. The fees need to drop, plain and simple. For people holding as a personal investment - fees don't matter, but for the people using BTC on a day-to-day basis it's a real pain in the ass. One of the main reasons people began raving about Bitcoin and all of it's wonders in the first place was because it had low fees...
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
May 20, 2017, 10:13:25 PM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.

ok.. now imagine your not american

imagine your part of the 4 billion unbanked people that want to convert their local currency to bitcoin
now imagine you being told BEFORE even thinking about how much your actually wanting to hold as bitcoin, that 20-40 minimum wage labour and you still may end up waiting 36 hours is "acceptable" just to get handed bitcoin as the transaction fee..

yep in many countries a minimum wage hour is 5-10cents

so before thinking $1-$4 is acceptable.. think about those that really need bitcoin..
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
May 20, 2017, 09:50:31 PM
Depends where you are and what exchanges are you using and what means of deposit are your trying.

Some exchanges have no deposit fees at all, but maybe you are not lucky enough to have one of them in your country
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
May 20, 2017, 09:44:33 PM
since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
Yes, but don't count on that.  That statement sounds like every biotech and internet stock investor from 1999, right before the NASDAQ tanked in April 2000.  The Dow is always rising!  It's always gonna rise!  We're going to 36,000!!

And look at what happened.  There's no way to be in this market but to know that we could crash back to $420 at any time.  Doesn't seem like we're actually going to do it, but it certainly could happen.  And yeah, the fees are ridiculous.  There's no way around it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%
May 20, 2017, 09:21:44 PM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
Pages:
Jump to: