Pages:
Author

Topic: I think we are greedy - page 3. (Read 5733 times)

legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
May 23, 2017, 03:59:07 AM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
Yeah I agree it is not a big deal really to pay $5 for a transaction worth 2000 DOLLARS or may be more, but what makes me more curious about the future of the Bitcoin is the delay in the transaction. As we all know that the Bitcoin popularity is also based on the fast track transaction, if this feature really doesn’t work I am afraid the Bitcoin may face some harsh consequences.

I believe Bitcoin can find an effective solution with the probelems they are facing so that they can cope up with the increasing demands and now that Bitcoin has gained its momentum especially this year where a lot of countries have officially announce their acceptance then I'm very optimistic that the developers would not like to miss the opportunity that open up in front of them together with its users all around the world.

IMO, if they do or do not find any solution for this problem, we will still can see new higher level price by end Q3 this year. Because people keep on buying for saving.  Wink

price has never had anything to do with this situation. that is affected mostly by the exchanges and the demand "traders" have in there. so it will continue to rise as long as that demand is still there and increasing, which it does.

but since bitcoin is not JUST an investment but also a currency, this situation comes in but the importance of it regarding price is smaller at this point but in long term that will be what pushes the price up with real demand.
Activity: 159
Merit: 11
World Mobile Coin
May 23, 2017, 03:45:27 AM
I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
Yeah I agree it is not a big deal really to pay $5 for a transaction worth 2000 DOLLARS or may be more, but what makes me more curious about the future of the Bitcoin is the delay in the transaction. As we all know that the Bitcoin popularity is also based on the fast track transaction, if this feature really doesn’t work I am afraid the Bitcoin may face some harsh consequences.

I believe Bitcoin can find an effective solution with the probelems they are facing so that they can cope up with the increasing demands and now that Bitcoin has gained its momentum especially this year where a lot of countries have officially announce their acceptance then I'm very optimistic that the developers would not like to miss the opportunity that open up in front of them together with its users all around the world.

IMO, if they do or do not find any solution for this problem, we will still can see new higher level price by end Q3 this year. Because people keep on buying for saving.  Wink
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
May 23, 2017, 03:35:42 AM

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
May 23, 2017, 03:28:22 AM

Activity: 145
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
May 23, 2017, 02:19:22 AM
Greed that makes no more confidence. Costs are rising and this is the same as the burning problems that we have faced.
Bitcoin prices unstoppable again so just imagine.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
May 23, 2017, 12:24:41 AM
Yes my some transaction are pending because of low fees and also i tried to send my another bitcoin wallet address using low transaction fees its after week showing pending . So it has to be change otherwise there will be a tough days
The solution for this problem (fees transaction is cheap)be offered by comunity is segwit,
there is rumor will be activated but it will not be easy  because there are some people who agree and disagree
the other solution lighting network, bitcoin unlimited, let wait and see what will happen.
Activity: 140
May 22, 2017, 11:30:47 PM
The price of Bitcoin is getting crazy high and therefore, transaction costs, we must spend every transaction.I have noticed that some exchanges are charged higher transaction fees for most currencies alt too even if the price of the coins shot ten times they do not make any changes to the amount of coins they lost transaction fees, this has been changed, the case with Bitcoin's transaction costs are recognized are higher and so we have to spend more, that is not the case with alt trend, but still some exchanges were higher toll
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
May 22, 2017, 10:25:07 PM
For large transaction its ok to pay a fee around $1-$5 but for those who are micropayments i think paying large amount is not acceptable mostly for newbie users of bitcoin that complaining about their transaction turn into unconfirm or it takes to long to confirm..
Well we have a wallet here and i think even we are not paying a fee you can be still sent your transaction about an hour unlike other wallet that you need to pay a fee before you can send bitcoin..
Coinbase also need to pay for a fee in order to sent. coins.ph if you are in our country you can use the wallet and choose non-fee instead if you don't want to pay for a fee.. i think the transaction will arrive in 1 hour base in my experience..
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
May 22, 2017, 10:14:38 PM
The transaction fees are a killer for micro transactions, as if it is the miner's way of discouraging us from sending small amounts. Greed is at a very high level for a lot of the parties involved, the local exchangers, the miners and the investors who want to make the most without costing them too much. At some point, something has got to give and a compromise must be reached for things to be balanced among us.
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
May 22, 2017, 10:02:44 PM
Being greedy is not a bad thing, if our good intentions are understandable, if we are greedy to raise money and can make our family happy, that is a great and wonderful thing
I agree with you . It depends on which side we think. Because with a positive purpose of course what we do is a very good thing. Different when we are greedy just for, to make ourselves happy and luxurious life.

Exactly, greed is human nature, it is like the motivation for human hard work. However, we value greed by our work. Greed should be judged by the actions and virtues of each person.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
May 22, 2017, 09:59:28 PM
Being greedy is not a bad thing, if our good intentions are understandable, if we are greedy to raise money and can make our family happy, that is a great and wonderful thing
I agree with you . It depends on which side we think. Because with a positive purpose of course what we do is a very good thing. Different when we are greedy just for, to make ourselves happy and luxurious life.
Activity: 182
★PlayAmo.com★
May 22, 2017, 09:52:54 PM
Yes my some transaction are pending because of low fees and also i tried to send my another bitcoin wallet address using low transaction fees its after week showing pending . So it has to be change otherwise there will be a tough days
I can make a good advice to you if you already dont know about this service:never send bitcoin with low miner's fee,it will get stuck on next "available" block.That's why always use recommended fees when you make transaction. If transaction get stucked on blockchain just try free transaction accelerator services like viabtc to solve this problem.Always check count of unconfirmed transaction on blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
May 22, 2017, 12:15:25 PM
I agree. I've been paying between $0.5 and $1 fee every time since I got interested in Bitcoin, but things started to suck lately. Last week I've sent a $1 fee transaction and it went relatively fine and got processed in about 12 hours. This week my transaction is stuck for over 50 hours!

Just pay $8 and it will be processed in "only" 30 minutes! Cheesy

If you pay such a large commission, bitcoin will lose its attractiveness for many people. Therefore, I very much hope that the problem of unconfirmed transactions will be resolved in the near future.
That's a cost of a large pizza! Now the question is: can I wait for 2 days for a transaction to confirm and buy a pizza or lose the opportunity of a good meal and get an instant transaction instead. I never had such dilemmas with fiat Grin
I love Bitcoin and I've earned a lot just by holding it, so I can afford paying a high fee, but what about all the newcomers, can they?

Soon without an agreement on the the whole segwit drama pizza will be out of the question.
Don't forget one thing.
You pay a fee when you pay the pizza , but the merchant or the payment processor is also paying a fee collecting all the bitcoins from the payment addresses.

So you pay 2$ for a 10$ pizza but the merchant will also pay ~2$/tx (less because of multiple inputs one output) when he collects 100$ from 10 orders.

In less than one month I don't think we're going to use it for anything lower than 100$.
I already don't really use it for anything under $100, but that's beside the point and I think that you're definitely going to see issues for anything under $20, considering you start paying >5% fees even when you cross just that small threshold. It doesn't seem like there's a point to move anything smaller than, at the very least, $20.
That's probably going to end up being a larger issue the longer time goes on.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
May 22, 2017, 11:57:32 AM
I agree. I've been paying between $0.5 and $1 fee every time since I got interested in Bitcoin, but things started to suck lately. Last week I've sent a $1 fee transaction and it went relatively fine and got processed in about 12 hours. This week my transaction is stuck for over 50 hours!

Just pay $8 and it will be processed in "only" 30 minutes! Cheesy

If you pay such a large commission, bitcoin will lose its attractiveness for many people. Therefore, I very much hope that the problem of unconfirmed transactions will be resolved in the near future.
That's a cost of a large pizza! Now the question is: can I wait for 2 days for a transaction to confirm and buy a pizza or lose the opportunity of a good meal and get an instant transaction instead. I never had such dilemmas with fiat Grin
I love Bitcoin and I've earned a lot just by holding it, so I can afford paying a high fee, but what about all the newcomers, can they?

Soon without an agreement on the the whole segwit drama pizza will be out of the question.
Don't forget one thing.
You pay a fee when you pay the pizza , but the merchant or the payment processor is also paying a fee collecting all the bitcoins from the payment addresses.

So you pay 2$ for a 10$ pizza but the merchant will also pay ~2$/tx (less because of multiple inputs one output) when he collects 100$ from 10 orders.

In less than one month I don't think we're going to use it for anything lower than 100$.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 22, 2017, 08:22:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2017, 08:16:42 AM

Yes i agree with you paying $1-$5 in fees is acceptable, if we use bitcoin for investments but it will be different if bitcoin be used for payment method (new currency) if we want pay something in bitcoin worth $1-$5
we must pay more than it for the fees transaction and the comunity of bitcoin want bitcoin become currency can be used for daily transaction, that is the problem must be fixed by all of comunity bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 22, 2017, 01:51:13 AM
To pay 1$ to 5$ for big bitcoin transactions is very acceptable, but I don't want to pay the same 1$ for little transactions like two digits transactions. I don't think it's a good idea to try making persons accept it as it is now.
It will make persons lose interest about bitcoins as they want to pay lower fees and have more profit by using crypto currency, otherwise they would be happy with fiat.

as i said there should be a lyer for different kind of transaction, micro transaction should be viewed with a different fee for miner, too bad they only see the size of the transaction, which is stupid at present

if the fee was based on the amount and not only on the size, we not have all this problem right now, i mean you still would have the block issue, but the priority for small amount TX would be different

there should be two way of priority with micro transaction working on a priority that is 10%(just an indication) of the big transaction, the definition of big or small transaction should be established carefully

let's say up to $25 or $100 maximum is considered small all the other are big
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
May 22, 2017, 01:22:32 AM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 22, 2017, 01:18:33 AM
Yup the fees in some exchangers are just ridiculous the community should implement and should decide to how much fees does this exchangers should collect, just to be fair.
After all bitcoin is a decentralized currency there is really no need to increase in deposit or withdrawal fees even higher, i think 1$-5$ is enough.

If it's decentralized you can't enter other's business and say them how much % they must charge from their users. Decentralization works when there are competition and only the good services will survive (in this case, the services charging low fees), as people have their free choice to choose the best one, most advantageous service they have to use. I think makes no sense to set fees like $1-$5, OP should set it in %...
Activity: 252
May 22, 2017, 12:54:25 AM
Greed that drives from behind because not confident, the cost is very high although the price of bitcoin unstoppable
Then many have imagined the potential that we have when scaling solutions are implemented.
Pages:
Jump to: