Pages:
Author

Topic: I want to migrate from Trust Wallet to another wallet. - page 2. (Read 423 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 855
You can merge all your replies into just one post and quote everyone

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Trust Wallet is good, but my problem is that I sent some Bitgert from CoinEx to my Trust Wallet and my current Trust Wallet version (5.9) doesn't support the new Bitgert network and I can't update my Trust Wallet. I use Android 7.1.1 and I don't know why the new version of Trust Wallet doesn't support my device.

Your trust wallet is seriously old versioned because the current version of trust wallet is the 7.19.2. It also absurd that your phone isn’t compatible or support it because according to google play, the app is compatible with android phones with versions 6.0+. So you might have to look into your phone again. But if you’re looking for DApps wallet why not use MetaMask or any of the suggested wallets above.

Hello,
Please answer to this question:
Which of the following wallets is better?

1- TokenPocket
2- Coinomi
3- Guarda
4- Nabox

Not familiar with most of these app probably because they aren’t one of the top ones. You can read here about wallets. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151
Activity: 354
Merit: 10
Hello,
The Exodus doesn't support Tron staking?
So, I must unstake my coins first, then use another wallet?

No, it doesn't look like the support tron staking: https://www.exodus.com/status/

Well, if you're not interested in keeping them staked, then yes you can go ahead and unstake. If you do switch to another wallet, and keep your funds staked, then nothing will happen to them, you just won't be able to unstake them from this new wallet and you have to do it from Trustwallet instead.

Atomic wallet is your best choice if you want same feature and experience since it supports almost all coins with open source that is much better to trust wallet. It has a built-in staking feature so there’s no need to rely on 3rd party defi apps.

Is it actually open source? I found their github account, but not the wallet's code repository.

Hello,
So, I must unstake my Tron coins first, then send them to another wallet?

I think only Metamask is capable to import the seed from Trustwallet but I do not think it's a safe way to import seed phrases from Trustwallet to Metamask.

If I were you why not create a new wallet on Metamask and send all your funds from trustwallet that's the safest than using the same seed from another wallet.

And if you staked some Tron coins on the trust wallet just leave it there or better use the ledger hardware wallet they do support staking on ledger live.

Hello,
I don't like to send my coins and tokens from Trust Wallet to another wallet because of the network fee.
I don't like having multiple wallet apps.

Hello,
I want to migrate from the Trust Wallet to another wallet and I have some questions:

1- Which wallet offers similar features and security?
You can move from trust wallet to other wallet. But of course you need to import the seed phrase. But you can use Atomic Wallet and TokenPocket Wallet. You can use this wallet as multi wallet. Very good in terms of security.
2- I staked some Tron coins in my Trust Wallet, if I import my seed phrase to other wallets, then What happens to them? They staked automatically to the new wallet or I must unstake them before using a new wallet?
Since you have Tron staking in your trust wallet, if you use another wallet to import the same seed phrase, you must unstake your Tron from the trust.  Then you can see your Tron balance in your other account.
3- Can I use two wallets simultaneously?
Of course you can use  more than two wallets at the same time. But be sure to keep your wallet seed phrase in a safe place after importing it. Since you will be copying it, don't paste it on Twitter, Telegram, Messenger, etc. That should be noticed first.
Please answer my questions briefly and share your experiences.

Thank you.
I don't use multiple wallets. I am using trust wallet only. But I intend to use Electrum wallet very soon. Since I only hold bitcoins at the moment I decided to use Electrum wallet for more security and for my convenience.

Hello,
Trust Wallet is good, but my problem is that I sent some Bitgert from CoinEx to my Trust Wallet and my current Trust Wallet version (5.9) doesn't support the new Bitgert network and I can't update my Trust Wallet. I use Android 7.1.1 and I don't know why the new version of Trust Wallet doesn't support my device.

Hello,
Please answer to this question:
Which of the following wallets is better?

1- TokenPocket
2- Coinomi
3- Guarda
4- Nabox

Mod note: consecutive posts merged
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
Hello,
I want to migrate from the Trust Wallet to another wallet and I have some questions:

You can move from trust wallet to other wallet. But of course you need to import the seed phrase. But you can use Atomic Wallet and TokenPocket Wallet. You can use this wallet as multi wallet. Very good in terms of security.
2- I staked some Tron coins in my Trust Wallet, if I import my seed phrase to other wallets, then What happens to them? They staked automatically to the new wallet or I must unstake them before using a new wallet?
Since you have Tron staking in your trust wallet, if you use another wallet to import the same seed phrase, you must unstake your Tron from the trust.  Then you can see your Tron balance in your other account.
Of course you can use  more than two wallets at the same time. But be sure to keep your wallet seed phrase in a safe place after importing it. Since you will be copying it, don't paste it on Twitter, Telegram, Messenger, etc. That should be noticed first.

Thank you.
I don't use multiple wallets. I am using trust wallet only. But I intend to use Electrum wallet very soon. Since I only hold bitcoins at the moment I decided to use Electrum wallet for more security and for my convenience.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
2. They will remain staked, but you won't be able to see them.
I staked a coin on Atomic. I import the seed phrase on Trsutwallet, I saw the coin staked but I was not able to unstake the coin. I unstaked it on Atomic wallet.

I staked on Trustwallet, I did not see it on Atomic wallet at all.

I staked on Trustwallet, it gave me problem and I was unable to unstake it which has not happened to me before but once. I import the seed phrase on Keplr, I successfully unstake the coin on Keplr wallet easily.

Atomic wallet is your best choice if you want same feature and experience since it supports almost all coins with open source that is much better to trust wallet. It has a built-in staking feature so there’s no need to rely on 3rd party defi apps.
I do not like Atomic wallet because they are using their own validator. I prefer wallet that have several validators. If anyone want to stake coins like Atom, Osmosis, the best wallet is Keplr.

For staking Tron, I have not gone into details about it before.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
I think only Metamask is capable to import the seed from Trustwallet but I do not think it's a safe way to import seed phrases from Trustwallet to Metamask.

If I were you why not create a new wallet on Metamask and send all your funds from trustwallet that's the safest than using the same seed from another wallet.

And if you staked some Tron coins on the trust wallet just leave it there or better use the ledger hardware wallet they do support staking on ledger live.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
Hello,

No, it doesn't look like the support tron staking: https://www.exodus.com/status/

Well, if you're not interested in keeping them staked, then yes you can go ahead and unstake. If you do switch to another wallet, and keep your funds staked, then nothing will happen to them, you just won't be able to unstake them from this new wallet and you have to do it from Trustwallet instead.

Is it actually open source? I found their github account, but not the wallet's code repository.
Activity: 994
Merit: 520
🇵🇭
Hello,

It depends on the new wallet that you use if it’s support web3 feature. Remember that your coins ownership is on your private key. So regardless of what wallet are using to stake the coins, You can still access your stake coins on other wallet as long as you use same private key or seed phrase.

Yes
1. Exodus, Unstoppable.money. Neither of them support staking for tron though.

3. Yes, you can do that.

If you choose to migrate to another wallet, all you would need to do is to import your recovery phrase to the new wallet.

Hello,
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
1. Exodus, Unstoppable.money. Neither of them support staking for tron though.

3. Yes, you can do that.

If you choose to migrate to another wallet, all you would need to do is to import your recovery phrase to the new wallet.
Hello,

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: