Pages:
Author

Topic: I was offered $550 to say that "Ripple is a Scam." - page 2. (Read 9137 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
I saw TradeFortress posting before trying to contact people who had posts on the first page of the ripple thread.

Is he actually denying this?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I'm confused..why does this thread exist and why should we care?

1) I'm not seeing any evidence that backs up the claims presented thus far..and
2) Matthew, are you seriously (I mean, seriously) surprised people do and say things for money?

This just seems like some sort of "TradeFortress witch-hunt" ..to which I say "build a bridge and get over it"

That said, I'm more than happy to denounce Ripple for less than $550 Cheesy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
GoWest made the accusation. My post tells you what that accusation would mean. I'm open to suggestions on better ways to word it, but it is what it is.
Huh
Then, someone with some integrity changed their post midstream the apparent astroturfing to let everyone know what was going on.
... I guess we just have to wait to hear TradeFortress's rebuttals. He said something about not messaging GoWest directly, but he didn't deny paying others.

You're kidding?  You just wanted to explain to us what GoWest's bullshit claim would mean if it turns out to be true? Cheesy  You assumed that most people reading your post already know of the accusation, just anxiously waiting for someone like you to explain the implications?   Cheesy Cheesy
From the intentionally misleading title ("I was offered $550 to say that 'Ripple is a Scam'" -- No, Matthew, nobody offered you shit, unless you're now a mouthpiece for GoWest) on, this whole thread is one bag of dicks.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
GoWest made the accusation. My post tells you what that accusation would mean. I'm open to suggestions on better ways to word it, but it is what it is.
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

Remember your first post in this thread?

What does this mean?

Well, first and foremost it means that anyone who posts a "Ripple is a scam" comment should now have their integrity called into question (thanks a lot TradeFortress). It proves they are shills and will say anything for a dollar. It also proves people like TradeFortress (he's not an evil genius, this has been happening in Bitcoin from day one) will resort to paying other people to state something as fact, trying to astroturf a topic as being a "community consensus" in attempts to sabotage, influence, deceive, etc.

That sounds like a direct accusation, made by you, against TradeFortress.
When you GoWest come up with such accusation
FTFY. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1544079

I really from the bottom of my heart hope Ripple is not BS

Even if it is, it will be replaced by the free market (Open Transactions + BitMessage for example). The point here isn't Ripple, it's paid subversion. I see several responses screaming "this is impossible!" but no one has bothered to ask why GoWest would lie about such a thing.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

2- You sir deserve a "Slanderer" tag on your account. When you come up with such accusation you should provide a reference to a txID including an input with a known address of TradeFortress and a signed message from an output address (5BTC) in the same tx, At least to give your slander some creditability.

Yup.  Although the current tag is adequate.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
TradeFortress has an own site ripplescam.org/‎ where he explains his point of view.

Imho Ripple sux and lot of people will lose their their coins in a future.
I don't recall him ever publicly stating that was his site. TradeFortress, is that your site?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ripplescamorg-exposing-the-ripple-scam-180287

Thank you Bruno. That should wrap up that one pretty well. So TradeFortress has been accused of paying people money to change their post content to his own anti-Ripple website by GoWest basically. I guess we just have to wait to hear TradeFortress's rebuttals. He said something about not messaging GoWest directly, but he didn't deny paying others.

Matthew, i don't know why TF would pay someone half a grand to say Ripple's a scam, when there's already a frickin' Greek chorus chanting the same thing.  Rewards of adding another voice are slim to none, and the potential shitstorm if the shill turned on him -- spectacular.  The odds of anyone being that rich & that stupid simultaneously are pretty slim, but irrelevant.

A better question is why tf would YOU start this thread?  I mean, sure, clickbate, the subject line just screams tabloid, drama, attention is fun.  But your faux neutral tone really turned this post into sleaze. 

"It has come to my attention that a member of this forum, TF, is a child molester, so you might wana to protect your loli.  More ugly accusations against the pedo could be found http://here and http://here.  Please withhold forming your opinion until I ask the filthy baby-fucker to just have a seat over there, as he babbles some lame-ass excuses.  In the meantime, please form an organized mob, boil tar & pluck chickens."

I remember you giving TF some sagacious advice, comparing his Ripple troll to your welched bet.  Something about fucking with other people's money. 
Here's a curious factoid for you:  In a shrewdness (pack) of apes, when a weak ape is attacked, he tries to redirect the attack to target a weaker/less dominant ape.  That behavior is considered appropriate for socially well-adjusted apes. 

Or are you just trolling? (in which case  Embarrassed Cheesy Cheesy)
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
My opinion on this:

1- It is not fair comparing the claims against ripple to the claims against Bitcoin because whoever called Bitcoin a ponzi or a scam had weak or no argument at all and for ripple there are many strong arguments.

2- You sir deserve a "Slanderer" tag on your account. When you come up with such accusation you should provide a reference to a txID including an input with a known address of TradeFortress and a signed message from an output address (5BTC) in the same tx, At least to give your slander some creditability.

Let me test this: Satoshi gave me 100000 Bitcoin to make me promote Bitcoin my entire life and he disclosed the fact that he is Jesus Christ and proved it to me in a dream I had last night.

I don't have the time to write a fictional lengthy text just to prove a point but sheesh I hope you are not taking the quoted text seriously just because it is lengthy, Then I suggest you would like to read MPOE-PR posts!

I really from the bottom of my heart hope Ripple is not BS since on the platform great things can be built. But as it is now it shows all symptoms of a scam. Plus XRP is a total scam, Any way you look at it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I'll take 1BTC to say XRP is a scam!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Hmmm, interesting, why "GoWest" has to make it public by editing an old post in Feb.20 which apparently no one other than some archaeological fans will read?

He actually posted it as an article on his site too, apparently. I don't read his blog though so I found it by scrolling through the thread's first page.

I saw that post as well, I think it's probably a very transparent astroturfing, as all cooperators posted exactly the same thing in the same thread, one after another, I also remember TF advertising it somehow, otherwise it looks really weird and noticeable to anyone.

And yeah, it does look like TF has got a really deep pocket, he can pay for his shills like that, buying forum ad slots just to make them unavailable to BFL and debase Ripple, a lot of these things...., all at hefty prices, wow.

Sounds like public good no more noobs falling for BFL ads and forcing people to acknowledge the weakness of ripple Heck even paying people with legit bitcoins to advertise against ripple not tradefortress ripples and preparing the noobs with scam lesson 101 lol before the mass public when it finally releases guess the economy works that way too Smiley
TradeFortress has an own site ripplescam.org/‎ where he explains his point of view.

I don't recall him ever publicly stating that was his site. TradeFortress, is that your site?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ripplescamorg-exposing-the-ripple-scam-180287

Thank you Bruno. That should wrap up that one pretty well. So TradeFortress has been accused of paying people money to change their post content to his own anti-Ripple website by GoWest basically. I guess we just have to wait to hear TradeFortress's rebuttals. He said something about not messaging GoWest directly, but he didn't deny paying others.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Activity: 728
Money hungry bastards.

Cool

I admit I'm opportunist  Grin

I do almost anything for right amount of compensation...

Greed is good, or something!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
To anyone interested in my posts, here's my price list:

If you want me to say:

Ripple is a scam: 2BTC
BFL is a scam: 1BTC
Gox Sux: 1BTC
LTC will fail: 0.5BTC
Josh is a fucking retard: FREE
Bruno fucking a goat: I'll pay 1BTC

Wait, what! I've been fucking goats for free?

The reason I believe people will continue to claim they are a "scam" even after they open source is for the same reason people use the word "scam" now to describe them-- poor understanding of vocabulary.

They should not have created XRP and just use the system. I think there is a great opportunity for a competing framework which is just a IOU framework and not a 'premined' currency. Hopefully this will develop.
I really wish this too, unfortunately this iteration's developers were all bitcoin developers and are quite used to "hashcash" style solutions, and if they had made people mine for XRP, it would have created the same problems bitcoin has. It's a tough sell.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

The reason I believe people will continue to claim they are a "scam" even after they open source is for the same reason people use the word "scam" now to describe them-- poor understanding of vocabulary.

They should not have created XRP and just use the system. I think there is a great opportunity for a competing framework which is just a IOU framework and not a 'premined' currency. Hopefully this will develop.
BFL claimed they were going to create & ship ASICs. As they hadn't done that, they were scammers.
Bitcoin Magazine were 'defacto scammers' for 6 months when they did not release a product they said they were going to release.
Yes, 2 products that took pre-orders. Where is Ripple's product order and income list? Are they scamming intended value?

Without accepting funds for a purchase and not delivering on that promise, they are not scamming. They could be guilty of deceiving and are definitely guilty of manipulating (holding the XRP themselves and releasing them slowly), but it seems a bit too early to tell to me. I for one await the open sourcing and copy cats who will try to do it better.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
You could argue that they scammed users by creating something claiming it's open sourced and not releasing it, but that's not "scamming", that's "lying". But what happens when the source code is released? Will people still call it a scam? I believe yes, and that's the heart of this nonsense.

So Matthew you have stooped to semantics games? "That's not scamming, it's lying."
BFL claimed they were going to create & ship ASICs. As they hadn't done that, they were scammers.
Bitcoin Magazine were 'defacto scammers' for 6 months when they did not release a product they said they were going to release.

Ripple claimed they were releasing a product that was open source. They never released this open source product. But wait, they are "liars" not scammers? LOL, dude. Playing with words is a fun game.

Also, I am concerned about your assumption that people will continue to call it a scam. Will people continue to call BFL a scam for years if it does end up shipping and ends up being a massively successful manufacturer/seller of ASICs for many years? If folks' problem is that ripple is closed source and the foundation controls half of the currency, and that is centralized and therefore subject to the same kind of shut-down as e-Gold, well - if all that stuff is fixed and Ripple becomes successful and gains a good reputation, I have no reason to believe that "people" will continue to call it a scam.

One more thing. You gave us those nice educational posts on logical fallacies; how kind of you? NOW STOP BEING A COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD by posting, in the same thread, at least two blatant ad-homs specifically implying that someone could not form a "gude opinion" if their user account is only X months old. Let's see here, someone could be using a series of throw-away accounts (I've been here for far longer than my join date implies) someone would have been lurking for 6 months before they joined (I lurked for 3 months before I registered) someone could have been active and using bitcoin for 2 years before they felt the need to make a forum account.
BUT NO, "look at me I'm Matthew N. Wright, educating all the poor silly dumb masses on logical fallacies while using them myself, hope no one notices"
Good luck with that   Grin Grin Grin

Pages:
Jump to: